• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Final Assault

I've no idea how anyone could be confident that we are gonna finish above arsenal.
How the the fudge could you be posibly confident of the result of something in a few months time with a load of variables that could go each way.
The only way you have have that confidence is that you have some kind of 'faith' in some football gods, in the same way the idiot fundamentalist Liverpool cult think that every year is their year.

Also fudge gooners who are reading his forum. I couldn't give a brick about that club or their fans.

I'm not overly confident, and I acknowledge you need a bit of luck.

I'm more bothered about the throwing in of the towel.

No excuse for that.

Only those with blind faith would reject the fact that third is now in the balance. Pointing this out is just being honest, it in no way impugns an individual's loyalty to the team. To believe that anything said on here will influence how the players perform , even if indirectly is preposterous. The fact is that outside of the keeper, we do not have a single player in top form. Now that is a cause for valid concern.

Gary.

I never said getting on their backs. I said pressure.

They are under pressure, and they should know about it.......a good few of them talked about the title. Well, 4th is now not ok.

We should support them, but there needs to be that roar of urgency from the whole ground, when we are tapping the ball back and forth in our own 3rd, 1-0 down to Stoke with 12 minutes left. That kind of thing.

We need to urge them forward, and let them know that its not ok to leave your man, or back off and invite a shot. One goal could f#ck our season up.

Again, I don't think that it helps when the crowd gets restless when the team try to play possession football. If we are chasing the game and time is running out then of course we need to get forward but unfortunately, the groaning at the Lane often starts far earlier than that. I think that this is counter productive.

Again, I don't think that it helps when the crowd gets restless when the team try to play possession football. If we are chasing the game and time is running out then of course we need to get forward but unfortunately, the groaning at the Lane often starts far earlier than that. I think that this is counter productive.

I can guarantee the crowd's restlessness will transfer very quickly to the players if we don't get an early goal or go behind. The fans are tinkled off and nervous that we will be (almost have been) caught now, I can imagine exactly how it will play out. It's difficult to not react in that way as there is frustration in all of us.

It will take character for the players to turn the tide and a huge effort from the fans to stay positive.

We can all do our part. Spread the word and lets be proud that we wont turn on our own like that lot down the road if things dont go so swimmingly. Make it a cauldron but show that regardless we got their back.

I can guarantee the crowd's restlessness will transfer very quickly to the players if we don't get an early goal or go behind. The fans are tinkled off and nervous that we will be (almost have been) caught now, I can imagine exactly how it will play out. It's difficult to not react in that way as there is frustration in all of us.

It will take character for the players to turn the tide and a huge effort from the fans to stay positive.

We can all do our part. Spread the word and lets be proud that we wont turn on our own like that lot down the road if things dont go so swimmingly. Make it a cauldron but show that regardless we got their back.

Spot on. Restlessness in the stands definitely transfers to nervousness the pitch. And at the first sign of flakiness from our fans you can bet that the same old fickle Spurs stuff will be dragged out.

Spot on. Restlessness in the stands definitely transfers to nervousness the pitch. And at the first sign of flakiness from our fans you can bet that the same old fickle Spurs stuff will be dragged out.

Milo you should make a video like that Kony2012 guy. (forget the politics of it all, more the social aspect). Positive Spurs viral video. Get the crowd whipped up in a positive frenzy!

sm6e4y.jpg

Hopefully I won't tinkle too many people off with what I'm about to say, but I'm sorry, I've gotta say it.

We are now officially at war for the third spot.

With this in mind, I reckon it's important we do as much as we can to help our own cause, and to give as little ammo as possible to the filth, and their "fans".

The last few days reading of this board have me shaking my head in all honesty. There's so much negativity around here at the minute that frankly I'm questioning the balls of some of the Tottenham fans.

Look at the poll results on the 'Can we beat Arse to third?' thread? More than 50% of the members here think we won't.

I'd have been embarrassed if even 10% thought we would fail. But 50%? Admitting it on an open public forum, where Gooners lurk?

Nah, that ain't right.

If I was a Goon, and I was browsing this forum right now, I'd be loving it, and gaining confidence all the time.

A few months back when they were struggling, we had people on here quoting sniveling Gooners from Arse-Mania, they were lauding it up, and taking the tinkle. Well, I daren't check, but I'd say there's a fair chance of the same happening in reverse right now.

Do you want look like a 'sniveling Spud'?

You might not think a few comments on an internet board make much difference, but I disagree.

The general feeling, and confidence of the fans, regardless of the platform, gets through to the team one way or another.

It's all part of the 'drip-drip' effect.

And it's not just rival fans that look at football forums, journalists look too to guage to the mood, and you know what they are like when they smell blood. Stan Collymore is always quoting forums on Talkbrick. The Guardian football site does it too.

Mood and belief play a massive part, from all sections of supporters.
Look at the Goons now, they are starting to believe and get behind their side, and it's paying dividends. As astonishing as it sounds, you could actually hear their fans last night in the stadium, and look at the result they got.

Tottenham are better than Arsenal, we have proved it all year, and regardless of the mini slump we have just had, we are still above them in the table, with a more favourable run of games until the end of the season.

The last thing we should be doing now is publicly showing strain, bickering, and conceding defeat through things like polls.

Imagine the uproar if someone asked Harry if he thought Arsenal would catch us and he said "yes"?!?!?

This place would errupt - but what's the difference?

We all represent the Tottenham badge as well, on here, at work, wherever.

I'm not asking for everyone to say everything's rosy, and in many cases, the overly-positive threads are just as bad. How stupid does that 'laugh at Arsenal' thread look now? How about the 'Hazard' one if he goes somewhere else?

All I'm saying is, before you post anything, ask yourself if you'd be happy saying it in front of a Goon, because they are everywhere, and feeding off the brick like the dirty flies they are.

And to any Gooners reading this, you shouldn't be bigging yourselves up too much either, you've been a fudging embarrassment all season with your quest to get rid of the best manager in your history. And you all know as well as we do, that without RVP you are mid-table.

We're at war Yids, and personally, I'm not giving up just yet.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And agreed!!!!!!!

Only those with blind faith would reject the fact that third is now in the balance. Pointing this out is just being honest, it in no way impugns an individual's loyalty to the team. To believe that anything said on here will influence how the players perform , even if indirectly is preposterous. The fact is that outside of the keeper, we do not have a single player in top form. Now that is a cause for valid concern.

Gary.

This all day long.

This place is surely a place for open honest discussion about the club.
Support should be given on the terraces not on a forum.

Also how boring would this place be if everyone were Best Spurs Fan Ever™ types.

This all day long.

This place is surely a place for open honest discussion about the club.
Support should be given on the terraces not on a forum.

Also how boring would this place be if everyone were Best Spurs Fan Ever™ types.

Well, you miss the point completely it seems.

Well done.

The most important thing at this stage is that it is still in our hands and we do not have to rely on anyone else to do us any favours, and long may that continue

Well, you miss the point completely it seems.

Well done.

Well I was commenting on Gilzeantoscore's "To believe that anything said on here will influence how the players perform , even if indirectly is preposterous. " point.

I've already commented on your paranoid the-gooners-are-watching-us theme in my other comment on the first page.

Well I was commenting on Gilzeantoscore's "To believe that anything said on here will influence how the players perform , even if indirectly is preposterous. " point.

I've already commented on your paranoid the-gooners-are-watching-us theme in my other comment on the first page.

Paranoia?

I'll take paranoia if that's what it takes to not act like a defeated bitch.

How did you vote in that public poll?

This is Tottenham - Arsenal, give them nothing, on any level.

All about the players' mental strength: a real quantity, with a real* value, albeit one that is difficult to dimension, but we will find out about it. I'm not exactly brimming with confidence myself, I'll confess. One thing I am quite convinced of, though, and that is that what any of us on here might think, hope or wish between now and the end of the season will have no significant bearing on the eventual outcome. The same goes for any attempt I could make to bluster up some sort of abstract, alternative battlefield, complete with Henry V speech, just on the strength of my own bullishness in the face of the bleeding obvious. We can cheer and we can jeer, but we're all just along for the ride. It is, however, all to play for. So ... Game fudging on, as Shakespeare might have said.

* It might be complex; I'm buggered if I know.

One thing I am quite convinced of, though, and that is that what any of us on here might think, hope or wish between now and the end of the season will have no significant bearing on the eventual outcome.

I don't agree I'm afraid.

This is exactly the point that everyone needs to believe and make the difference.

Talk of failure and giving up will only have one outcome.

We are better than Arsenal, have been all season, and a month of us having a few bad results, and them fluking a couple changes nothing.

I'm up for this, and I'm gutted others aren't.

I don't agree I'm afraid.

This is exactly the point that everyone needs to believe and make the difference.

Talk of failure and giving up will only have one outcome.

We are better than Arsenal, have been all season, and a month of us having a few bad results, and them fluking a couple changes nothing.

I'm up for this, and I'm gutted others aren't.

Well, then, once more unto the breach, dear friend.

I say pressure, you say getting on their backs.

I say urgency, you say restlessness.

Why cant you just comment on the point Im making?

Last edited:
I've no idea how anyone could be confident that we are gonna finish above arsenal.
How the the fudge could you be posibly confident of the result of something in a few months time with a load of variables that could go each way.
The only way you have have that confidence is that you have some kind of 'faith' in some football gods, in the same way the idiot fundamentalist Liverpool cult think that every year is their year.

Also fudge gooners who are reading his forum. I couldn't give a brick about that club or their fans.

Amen to that.

Paranoia?

I'll take paranoia if that's what it takes to not act like a defeated bitch.

How did you vote in that public poll?

This is Tottenham - Arsenal, give them nothing, on any level.

How is an honest assesment of the team defeatist? I fear you suffer from the same 'King Kenny right or wrong' delusion that our friends opp north suffer from. Yeah keep thinking that the team are playing well, cross your legs and hold hands with your Spurs supporting mates and think positive thoughts during games and everything will be OK. How irrational!

Gary.

Back