• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Final Assault

Tottenham Dave

Erik Edman
sm6e4y.jpg

Hopefully I won't tinkle too many people off with what I'm about to say, but I'm sorry, I've gotta say it.

We are now officially at war for the third spot.

With this in mind, I reckon it's important we do as much as we can to help our own cause, and to give as little ammo as possible to the filth, and their "fans".

The last few days reading of this board have me shaking my head in all honesty. There's so much negativity around here at the minute that frankly I'm questioning the balls of some of the Tottenham fans.

Look at the poll results on the 'Can we beat Arse to third?' thread? More than 50% of the members here think we won't.

I'd have been embarrassed if even 10% thought we would fail. But 50%? Admitting it on an open public forum, where Gooners lurk?

Nah, that ain't right.

If I was a Goon, and I was browsing this forum right now, I'd be loving it, and gaining confidence all the time.

A few months back when they were struggling, we had people on here quoting sniveling Gooners from Arse-Mania, they were lauding it up, and taking the tinkle. Well, I daren't check, but I'd say there's a fair chance of the same happening in reverse right now.

Do you want look like a 'sniveling Spud'?

You might not think a few comments on an internet board make much difference, but I disagree.

The general feeling, and confidence of the fans, regardless of the platform, gets through to the team one way or another.

It's all part of the 'drip-drip' effect.

And it's not just rival fans that look at football forums, journalists look too to guage to the mood, and you know what they are like when they smell blood. Stan Collymore is always quoting forums on Talkbrick. The Guardian football site does it too.

Mood and belief play a massive part, from all sections of supporters.
Look at the Goons now, they are starting to believe and get behind their side, and it's paying dividends. As astonishing as it sounds, you could actually hear their fans last night in the stadium, and look at the result they got.

Tottenham are better than Arsenal, we have proved it all year, and regardless of the mini slump we have just had, we are still above them in the table, with a more favourable run of games until the end of the season.

The last thing we should be doing now is publicly showing strain, bickering, and conceding defeat through things like polls.

Imagine the uproar if someone asked Harry if he thought Arsenal would catch us and he said "yes"?!?!?

This place would errupt - but what's the difference?

We all represent the Tottenham badge as well, on here, at work, wherever.

I'm not asking for everyone to say everything's rosy, and in many cases, the overly-positive threads are just as bad. How stupid does that 'laugh at Arsenal' thread look now? How about the 'Hazard' one if he goes somewhere else?

All I'm saying is, before you post anything, ask yourself if you'd be happy saying it in front of a Goon, because they are everywhere, and feeding off the brick like the dirty flies they are.

And to any Gooners reading this, you shouldn't be bigging yourselves up too much either, you've been a fudging embarrassment all season with your quest to get rid of the best manager in your history. And you all know as well as we do, that without RVP you are mid-table.

We're at war Yids, and personally, I'm not giving up just yet.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Please change the thread title to 'Official Positivity Thread'

This thread had to come eventually

Great thread, I applaud you...but a 10pt gap is now 1pt. There actually is cause for concern.

Great thread, I applaud you...but a 10pt gap is now 1pt. There actually is cause for concern.

In my opinion it's nothing to worry about unless they overtake us, but we should still keep our foot on the pedal. If we pick up 3 points in every game for the rest of the season then they can't finish above us

Bottling what?

I admit I am not confident we will finish 3rd. Thats not bottling anything.....Im Tottenham til I die, and will wear the tattoo til it rots off my arm.

But Im not going to pretend that I have the same good feeling I had the day before we played arsenal.

Bottling what?

I admit I am not confident we will finish 3rd. Thats not bottling anything.....Im Tottenham til I die, and will wear the tattoo til it rots off my arm.

But Im not going to pretend that I have the same good feeling I had the day before we played arsenal.

I'm not accusing you of bottling anything.

I have no idea how you voted in that poll.

But anyone who voted in that they'd beat us to it was, in my opinion, bottling it.

In my opinion it's nothing to worry about unless they overtake us, but we should still keep our foot on the pedal. If we pick up 3 points in every game for the rest of the season then they can't finish above us

We have to worry, and so do the players. Complacency is part of the reason we are where we are. The club, as a whole, thought we had 3rd wrapped up.

There must be a pressure from the stands....an atmosphere, and war cry, in every game. If we are blase, the players will be too.

I'm not accusing you of bottling anything.

I have no idea how you voted in that poll.

But anyone who voted in that they'd beat us to it was, in my opinion, bottling it.

The vote was "are you still confident of 3rd", not "do you think they will beat us to 3rd".

Im not as confident as I was, so thats that, and I couldnt care less what gooner troll reads it. At least no one here is "taking a break" from the rest of the season.....oh wait a minute, they are all back now. C#nts.

Bottling what?

100% totman. Good post though, Tot Dave. Keep it up. Answers need to be found and fairly quickly. Thats all.

We have to worry, and so do the players. Complacency is part of the reason we are where we are. The club, as a whole, thought we had 3rd wrapped up.

I really doubt that anyone at the club thought that third was wrapped up. Everyone could see that we had a very tough run of games in March coming up, if we are still third at the end of it, then we are in a very good position for the rest of the season but it ain't over until the final whistle of the last game.

There must be a pressure from the stands....an atmosphere, and war cry, in every game. If we are blase, the players will be too.

I think that pressure from the stands is the last thing we need. Our fans getting on the players backs is one of the reasons why we have folded in the past. We need to get behind the team.

I really doubt that anyone at the club thought that third was wrapped up. Everyone could see that we had a very tough run of games in March coming up, if we are still third at the end of it, then we are in a very good position for the rest of the season but it ain't over until the final whistle of the last game.

I think that pressure from the stands is the last thing we need. Our fans getting on the players backs is one of the reasons why we have folded in the past. We need to get behind the team.

Your right milo the players do not need any extra pressure as we have seen them mess up when the pressure is on. As much as i dislike or perhaps just don't trust redknapp he is playing it right by keeping calm and not panicking.

I never said getting on their backs. I said pressure.

They are under pressure, and they should know about it.......a good few of them talked about the title. Well, 4th is now not ok.

We should support them, but there needs to be that roar of urgency from the whole ground, when we are tapping the ball back and forth in our own 3rd, 1-0 down to Stoke with 12 minutes left. That kind of thing.

We need to urge them forward, and let them know that its not ok to leave your man, or back off and invite a shot. One goal could f#ck our season up.

Last edited:
Again, whats bottling it? Its not our place to bottle, its the players. Saying yes or no, has no effect.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think all of us fans, be they in the ground, or on forums, or at work, on phone-ins, writing blogs, you name it, have a direct impact on things.

Drip drip effect.

I've no idea how anyone could be confident that we are gonna finish above arsenal.
How the the fudge could you be posibly confident of the result of something in a few months time with a load of variables that could go each way.
The only way you have have that confidence is that you have some kind of 'faith' in some football gods, in the same way the idiot fundamentalist Liverpool cult think that every year is their year.

Also fudge gooners who are reading his forum. I couldn't give a brick about that club or their fans.

Back