• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

I do think we do have to be cautious.

I'm very much buying into the 'it looks like we're going in the right direction'' train of thought BUT if you stand back it is still early days for a lot of our players. Many, even lastsummers signings have only played a handful of games for us, and if you're honest no-one can really say whether Doherty or Reggie, for example, are quality...plainly not enough games to know.

Furthermore, what is plain to see is Kane and Son are on a ruthless sh.it hot streak. If that gets discounted in any way (injury, form, suspension) we may realise......'ah thats why we were so good'.

Not saying that is a negative just that a drop off from them is probably more likely than not and hopefully our all round game improves enough to not rely on that (but that is itself very much in its infancy)

One thing we need to do is milk the Kane/Son (and hopefully Bale) hot streak for alls its worth. Those two can't serve up what they did yesterday and come off with just one point.

i can not really disagree with what you are saying to be honest, the thing is ( and i know its early days) the likes of Liverpool and City look like they are not going to be as consitant as last season and as for the rest they are like us, good players but still adjusting to the pace of the Prem.

Long way to go but imo we look far more likely to push for the top four then we have for a while.

i can not really disagree with what you are saying to be honest, the thing is ( and i know its early days) the likes of Liverpool and City look like they are not going to be as consitant as last season and as for the rest they are like us, good players but still adjusting to the pace of the Prem.

Long way to go but imo we look far more likely to push for the top four then we have for a while.
A while being one season?!? ;)

I think we're looking pretty good overall. I do think we can play a bit higher up the pitch however as with Aurier, Regulion and Sanchez we should have enough pace to not have to worry too much about teams getting in behind us at will, whereas playing deep can result in conceding a lot of corners and free kicks in our own third with us not being that well equipped to deal with them.

A while being one season?!? ;)

I think we're looking pretty good overall. I do think we can play a bit higher up the pitch however as with Aurier, Regulion and Sanchez we should have enough pace to not have to worry too much about teams getting in behind us at will, whereas playing deep can result in conceding a lot of corners and free kicks in our own third with us not being that well equipped to deal with them.

Fair point :)

I agree with you about progress overall though, looking at the other teams around us i still think we can push on this season. One of the reasons we play so deep is that players like Toby have accepted that they no longer have the pace anymore and are loathed to get caught out ( which sad to say is happening for him).

Like i have said elsewhere i have not seen Rodon so do not know if he has pace or not( and again not sure if he is ready to play often just yet). I do believe we have the makings of a very good team though.

From right to left
As in their hitting balls from our right to our left. Their hitting the back post area or the left hand side of the area so bypassing middle ground where the bodies are
Even the free kick they took that got retaken was whipped into the back stick
Ah I see now, was a bit confused by your wording in the original post.

Would you take a 5th place finish and a Europa League win or a 4th placed finish and an FA Cup win?

Would you take a 5th place finish and a Europa League win or a 4th placed finish and an FA Cup win?
Probably the EL trophy, for me a bit more prestige in that, though not much.

That's if I could pick and choose ahead of time. The nerves would be massive for me going into an EL final knowing that both a trophy and CL football with all the money and transfer impact hinged on that one game. The experience of a FA cup final knowing that CL football was secured would be much more pleasant.

The former....

But it would leave us going into that final game of the season under huge pressure.
As a an entity spurs have always thrived under pressure. Never buckled (pun intended) when big thing are on the line. Never bottled it. Never thrown away a 3-0 lead with 8 minutes of the 90 left and drawn 3-3. So needing to win the el to get cl. Easy peasy

Last edited:
i'd go for the EL win and 5th. (any european trophy win without us being able to go would be sad though)

I would caveat that choice with, it is worth taking into consideration what other teams are in the 4 CL places in the league. As finishing 4th in the league and pushing a close rival down to 5th maybe worth it to hurt their finances/progress/project

Back