• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Given England only has 7 places in europe, If Chelski win the champ league, but finish 5th, what happens to the Europa & conference league places? we'd have 5 champ league, but then either 2 Europa & no conference league, or one Europa & one conference league?

Given England only has 7 places in europe, If Chelski win the champ league, but finish 5th, what happens to the Europa & conference league places? we'd have 5 champ league, but then either 2 Europa & no conference league, or one Europa & one conference league?

Only if Sebastien Bassong is available and eliglible!

One Europa & one conference league.

I get the logic
But as a match attending fan (I think you are too)
Sunday games at white times because we’re not as important really ruin the weekend IMO
Whilst I always 100% felt this, when we were in CL I’m sure we still had a lot of Sunday games as last of the super sunday gonad*s. Then we had all those Monday games to put a bit more pressure on us to help Leicester win the league, which is even worse than a Sunday for attending!

Well at least when we win it, it will be a new footnote to add to the embarrassment this club has become over the last 25 years.
Wining the Europa league wouldn’t be embarrassing? It brings as many co efficient points as losing a CL final, plus qualification for the CL regardless of league position and a trophy. If I’ve understood the overall sentiment of the media, many fans and players ambitions correctly, a trophy is more important than year on year league improvement and regular CL participation anyway?

Imagine how terrible our attendances will be in the home games if we end up in the Euro minnows competition?

Maybe we can move our games to Leyton Orient or something if we end up in that competition.

FWIW…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56787573

Who qualifies for the Europa League?
This season there are only two Europa League spots, because of the introduction of the Europa Conference League (more on that in a bit).

That is the winner of the FA Cup (Chelsea and Leicester play in the final) and the team which finishes fifth in the Premier League. If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five, which seems likely, then sixth place qualifies for the Europa League.

Only 32 teams are in the Europa League group stages from now on, down from 48 in previous years.

England could end up with only one team in the competition if an English team win a European tournament and also qualify for the Europa League through domestic football.

Who qualifies for Europa Conference League?
The Europa Conference League is Uefa's new third-ranked competition, effectively a step down from the Europa League.

Sixth or seventh place in the Premier League (depending on who wins the FA Cup) will go into the final round of qualifiers next season.

It should be the Carabao Cup winners, but Emirates Marketing Project are guaranteed a Champions League place.

There could be no English teams in the tournament if the team who finish in the UECL position win this season's Champions League or Europa League.

Down to 7th will get into Europe. So probably the current top 5 plus two from us, Everton and West Ham

I think if West Ham win tonight, then one of the spots will probably be theirs. Helpfully Everton finish at Man C, so winning our last two home games will probably do it for us

Last edited:
If Potter wants to manage Spurs in the Europa League and not in the Conference, he'll need to make sure he beats West Ham tonight....

FWIW…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56787573

Who qualifies for the Europa League?
This season there are only two Europa League spots, because of the introduction of the Europa Conference League (more on that in a bit).

That is the winner of the FA Cup (Chelsea and Leicester play in the final) and the team which finishes fifth in the Premier League. If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five, which seems likely, then sixth place qualifies for the Europa League.

Only 32 teams are in the Europa League group stages from now on, down from 48 in previous years.

England could end up with only one team in the competition if an English team win a European tournament and also qualify for the Europa League through domestic football.

Who qualifies for Europa Conference League?
The Europa Conference League is Uefa's new third-ranked competition, effectively a step down from the Europa League.

Sixth or seventh place in the Premier League (depending on who wins the FA Cup) will go into the final round of qualifiers next season.

It should be the Carabao Cup winners, but Emirates Marketing Project are guaranteed a Champions League place.

There could be no English teams in the tournament if the team who finish in the UECL position win this season's Champions League or Europa League.

Not sure this will be relevant for us.

Liverpool will muller WBA tonight.

Allardyce's unbeaten run

West Brom v Liverpool (16:30 BST)

Sam Allardyce is unbeaten in each of his last five Premier League matches as a manager against Liverpool (W1-D4-L0).

It is the longest unbeaten run by any manager in the Premier League against Jurgen Klopp's Reds.

Though to be honest, I'd resigned to finishing 6th at best. On that basis, its more important that Sheff Utd get something against Everton than West Brom getting something against Liverpool. Obviously both would be preferable!!

Wining the Europa league wouldn’t be embarrassing? It brings as many co efficient points as losing a CL final, plus qualification for the CL regardless of league position and a trophy. If I’ve understood the overall sentiment of the media, many fans and players ambitions correctly, a trophy is more important than year on year league improvement and regular CL participation anyway?

I would love to win the europa league and see the image of robbo lifting the uefa cup repeated. The line of ‘‘its a big cup, a beautiful smile and Spurs have won the uefa cup’’ is a great one and alas another great moment from before my time...

I was referring to the conference league but on reflection as its basically the european league cup I guess I’d take it :D

oooohh Sheff Utd leading at Everton. If they could hold on to that, then given Everton finish at Man C, it would mean that us beating Villa would more or less tie up european football for us. Watch everton win 5-1 now!

Back