• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

5 points down from where we should be already and it's only been 3 games - encouraging performance today though despite the dropped points as generally looked pretty toothless against sides who sat back last season
Yup. The performance today was encouraging - and against a side parking the bus. And again, our lack of clinical finishing cost us. Even with the keeper in such fine form.

Assuming our challengers for Top4 are LIV MNC MNU CHE ARS, also WOL LEI looking pretty good considering the Saudi Sportswashing Machine "refereeing decision"

12 EVE
9 AST LEI ARS LIV
7 TOT CHE LEE NEW
6 NEW WHM SOU CRY WOL
4 MNC
3 BRI MNU
1 WBA
0 BUR SHE FUL

Paul Merson on Sky Sports News:

"They’ve got some firepower and when Gareth Bale comes in, they look like a team. Fair play to Jose Mourinho, I didn’t think that could happen, I thought he was going to be in his old ways of being defensive and going from there.

"But he’s probably looked at it and thought ‘I’m going to have to change and I have the players to change’. It worries me to say and I know it’s early doors but they look back to being where they were two or three years ago when they were a very good team and this looks like a very good team.

Jeepers, what's up with Merson?

"They’ve got some firepower and when Gareth Bale comes in, they look like a team. Fair play to Jose Mourinho, I didn’t think that could happen, I thought he was going to be in his old ways of being defensive and going from there.

"But he’s probably looked at it and thought ‘I’m going to have to change and I have the players to change’. It worries me to say and I know it’s early doors but they look back to being where they were two or three years ago when they were a very good team and this looks like a very good team.

Back on the go fast again?

The one thing that really worries me is the rona. With the amount of time a team spends together it takes one infected player to get the rest of the team infected. Can you imagine a number of players testing positive to the point we cannot field a team for a PL or EL match? What happens then? And I'm not being doom and gloom here. This is a real possibility. So, in addition to the team clicking, we should all keep our fingers crossed the payers are also ultra careful. Of course this could happen to any team at any time, but the timing would also be important.

The one thing that really worries me is the rona. With the amount of time a team spends together it takes one infected player to get the rest of the team infected. Can you imagine a number of players testing positive to the point we cannot field a team for a PL or EL match? What happens then? And I'm not being doom and gloom here. This is a real possibility. So, in addition to the team clicking, we should all keep our fingers crossed the payers are also ultra careful. Of course this could happen to any team at any time, but the timing would also be important.
I agree, as soon as Spurs are flying high at the top of the league, you know for a fact we'll all get the 'rona

We have 7 winnable games between now and the November International break.

West Ham (h)
LASK (h)
Burnley (a)
Royal Antwerp (a)
Brighton (h)
Ludogorets Razgrad (a)
West Bromwich Albion (a)

Some pundits are lazy when it comes to Jose. Jose is not a defensive coach. He is a pragmatic coach. He looks for what is a team's weakness and the best way to set up his team to win or achieve his end goal against that team.

At times some overrate the capability of a team and what it takes to get them playing a system. Hopefully the players have recovered from the transition between systems. Do I think Spurs will steam roll all teams before them? No. There are some teams I look at and think - this is going to be tough. Number one, Leeds if their players are fit and not mentally exhausted but then I remember WC2002 and I smile.

We have 7 winnable games between now and the November International break.

West Ham (h)
LASK (h)
Burnley (a)
Royal Antwerp (a)
Brighton (h)
Ludogorets Razgrad (a)
West Bromwich Albion (a)

Yes, was thinking the same recently. 10-12 points from those 4 league games would put us on 17-19 after 8 games which is comfortably top 4 form, though we would have had a relatively easy first 8 games (or at least the 8 games wouldn't have represented the average level opponent in the PL).

Linking that to the first 3 EL games, I think its important that we get off to a flier and win those first 3 games so that when it comes to the second half of Nov and into December and we have a harder run of PL games, we can then weaken our EL starting team and strengthen our PL team

Yes, was thinking the same recently. 10-12 points from those 4 league games would put us on 17-19 after 8 games which is comfortably top 4 form, though we would have had a relatively easy first 8 games (or at least the 8 games wouldn't have represented the average level opponent in the PL).

Linking that to the first 3 EL games, I think its important that we get off to a flier and win those first 3 games so that when it comes to the second half of Nov and into December and we have a harder run of PL games, we can then weaken our EL starting team and strengthen our PL team
Ha ha wind it in; all you want is for us to win every game, should be doable eh?!

We will struggle at times, Spurs life is not plain sailing. The good thing is, with a forward line of Kane Son Bale we will always have a chance of scoring.

Ha ha wind it in; all you want is for us to win every game, should be doable eh?!

We will struggle at times, Spurs life is not plain sailing. The good thing is, with a forward line of Kane Son Bale we will always have a chance of scoring.

Something like that! However the run of 7 games coming up, on paper, look about as friendly as you could get.

The four PL games are all bottom-half teams and West Ham and Burnley have had awful transfer windows. If you wanted to put together a run of 7 games in order to get some momentum, you realistically really couldnt select a better run of games. Whether we take advantage of it or not remains to be seen

Doesn’t work like that @AdamB everyone looked at West Ham’s 6 upcoming fixtures before they played wolves and said they will lose all 6. Low and behold they beat wolves 4-0 and Leicester 3-0. Who would have predicted we would beat Chelsea and then United 6-1?!

Doesn’t work like that @AdamB everyone looked at West Ham’s 6 upcoming fixtures before they played wolves and said they will lose all 6. Low and behold they beat wolves 4-0 and Leicester 3-0. Who would have predicted we would beat Chelsea and then United 6-1?!

I obviously know that what looks what should happen doesnt always materialise! My post did say 'on paper' and 'Whether we take advantage of it or not remains to be seen'!

Back