• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

I'm not terrified of Son or Kane getting injured. Obviously I hope it doesn't happen because they are magnificent players but even with one or other of them out, we have goals in the squad expecially if we can get Bale firing in some way.

It's staying defensively solid that'll be key for me. If we can do that, we'll compete.

The Dipper game next week will be fascinating.

Before Christmas we play Palace (A), Liverpool (A) and Leicester (H), followed by Wolves (A) on Dec 27th. Palace have hit form, it seems, but the next three are the big ones. If we get something at Anfield, I'll start believing that we're title contenders, and not a moment before.

Wolves is a big one too. Not sure why people are looking past that one.
I'm really not -- by "the next three are the big ones" I meant Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves. Old Spurs would promptly lose 1-2 to Palace, of course.

This one has a lot to take it (stolen from reddit), quick initial thoughts

- Us and Pool so far the best against top sides (makes next week even more interesting)
- All are reasonably decent against the bottom sides
- Mid table = most uncertain results?

tdgy39ba9u361.png

We're only 6 weeks away from the halfway point.

13 December Palace (A)
16 December Liverpool (A)
20 December Leicester (H)
27 December Wolves (A)
30 December Fulham (H)
2 January Leeds (H)
12 January Aston Villa (A)
16 January Sheffield United (A)

The reverse fixture against Liverpool starts the second half of the season at the end of January.

Interesting. Half way really is a major marker, come through those next 8 games and the Xmas rush, within a couple of points of the top and I’ll start to believe.

Interesting. Half way really is a major marker, come through those next 8 games and the Xmas rush, within a couple of points of the top and I’ll start to believe.

To me, it's not just the halfway point marker, it's the most fudged up run of games I have ever seen

In 6-8 weeks we will have played City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves plus critical Europa Games and a Cup QF ..

Get out of that run undefeated, will be a hell of a statement.

To me, top 4 is as simple as one thing, can we keep Kane, Son and PEH fit ..

This one has a lot to take it (stolen from reddit), quick initial thoughts

- Us and Pool so far the best against top sides (makes next week even more interesting)
- All are reasonably decent against the bottom sides
- Mid table = most uncertain results?

tdgy39ba9u361.png
Mid table = Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham where arguably we deserved the points more than West Brom, once we’ve played everyone once this will be a good table to revisit.

To me, it's not just the halfway point marker, it's the most fudged up run of games I have ever seen

In 6-8 weeks we will have played City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves plus critical Europa Games and a Cup QF ..

To be fair though we still have to play the top 6 (and arsenal) in the second half of the season, AND arguably tricker cup games in the Europa and FA Cup. Agree about getting through this next month though undefeated would be a huge statement of intent.

I’m not expecting us to go undefeated through this run of games to be honest. We could beat Liverpool for example (which I don’t expect us to do but at the same time I don’t put it past us given that we have Mourinho now) and lose to Leicester or Wolves. It’s a draining run of games. I just think we’re due an off day at some point. If it happens then I hope it’s against wolves or Palace with all due respect as we could still nick a result against them playing badly IMO.

I’m not expecting us to go undefeated through this run of games to be honest. We could beat Liverpool for example (which I don’t expect us to do but at the same time I don’t put it past us given that we have Mourinho now) and lose to Leicester or Wolves. It’s a draining run of games. I just think we’re due an off day at some point. If it happens then I hope it’s against wolves or Palace with all due respect as we could still nick a result against them playing badly IMO.
Same.

It might not even take an off day for the team. We’ve made pretty much no individual errors in the last three league games so we’re due one. It could just take one or two to turn a game against us.

Same.

It might not even take an off day for the team. We’ve made pretty much no individual errors in the last three league games so we’re due one. It could just take one or two to turn a game against us.
We have definitely made individual errors, from the fairly big to smaller one's. We haven't been punished, partly down to us not making many individual errors, partly just luck.

It is a draining run of games I agree, but for all the top teams who are in Europe, its pretty much the same. Teams like Wolves who dont have European football have a massive advantage at this stage of the season.

To be fair though we still have to play the top 6 (and arsenal) in the second half of the season, AND arguably tricker cup games in the Europa and FA Cup. Agree about getting through this next month though undefeated would be a huge statement of intent.

Yes, but the odds of playing 6 out of the 7 "contenders" for top spots pretty much back to back? (not more than one break game between?) nobody has got that run either side of the season.

We have definitely made individual errors, from the fairly big to smaller one's. We haven't been punished, partly down to us not making many individual errors, partly just luck.
Yes fair enough, particularly in the Chelsea game. Probably about time one is punished.

It is a draining run of games I agree, but for all the top teams who are in Europe, its pretty much the same. Teams like Wolves who dont have European football have a massive advantage at this stage of the season.
Looking at other teams fixtures, no TOP team has a run like we have over the whole season. By that I mean a run of games against perceived top teams back to back

Yes fair enough, particularly in the Chelsea game. Probably about time one is punished.
We made one that created a goal scoring chance vs Chelsea
So did they. Arguably they did two with then back pass error from kante abs the zouma misplaced pass to Moura
We had the Rodon one at the end

Back