• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes was out all season iirc

So he wasn’t missed or is he a starter (I genuinely don’t know, but my natural assumption is he isn’t)?
So was Oxy Cube who is back and he was playing well before getting injured. They also have Llallana back but I don’t see where he would play for them now in their set up

So he wasn’t missed or is he a starter (I genuinely don’t know, but my natural assumption is he isn’t)?
So was Oxy Cube who is back and he was playing well before getting injured. They also have Llallana back but I don’t see where he would play for them now in their set up
They started last season with VVD and Gomez as their top CB pairing. Gomez looked very very good -- a natural CB with pace and skill, alongside VVD to supply the experience.

The Liverpool back 4 was IMHO the best in the league last season, and will only be better with Gomez back. Allison getting injured is good news for us, however.

They started last season with VVD and Gomez as their top CB pairing. Gomez looked very very good -- a natural CB with pace and skill, alongside VVD to supply the experience.

The Liverpool back 4 was IMHO the best in the league last season, and will only be better with Gomez back. Allison getting injured is good news for us, however.

Allison has been an excellent addition.

Just putting it out there but maybe Lovren didn’t start the season as he and come back from being the best defender in the world at the WC. Remember Liverpool started everyone last season that hadn’t played at the WC, and Matip was injured. But of course that’s just guess work and conjecture.

Either way their defence was their strong point, no one can argue with that

WTF is this Fight for Europa about? Is it macaronic like our SRR stuff? We’ll get top three...absolutely no doubt. Look at how brick United and Arsenal were today. As for Chelsea..their defence has more holes than a packet of Polos

Don’t remember them losing a key player once to be honest
This season they will have them missing regularly IMO
But that is me predicting the future....

And on the squad thing the have 4 CMs for 3 positions
They have no full back cover that I know of, unless they pay a CB out of position or Milner at LB
The have 5 players for the attacking 3 roles plus llalana if he is ever fit
The rest are all kids

Seem to recall Matip and Gomes were injured which is the only reason Lovren started games as he’s not first or even second choice.

I’d be disappointed if we finish so far behind them again in terms of points but I think we’d do very well to finish above them as I honestly feel they are better and have a slightly better manager.

Third should be the absolute minimum we achieve really. Arsenal should be better than last season but I also expect us to win more games and lose less than we did in 2018/19

Seem to recall Matip and Gomes were injured which is the only reason Lovren started games as he’s not first or even second choice.

I’d be disappointed if we finish so far behind them again in terms of points but I think we’d do very well to finish above them as I honestly feel they are better and have a slightly better manager.

Third should be the absolute minimum we achieve really. Arsenal should be better than last season but I also expect us to win more games and lose less than we did in 2018/19

I’m not convinced Livermore wasn’t first choice. Didn’t he play CL final the previous year.

But I still think their flattering to deceive this season... yesterday they beat a very poorly organised arsenal side. But likewise you can only beat who is put in front of you

I’m not convinced Livermore wasn’t first choice. Didn’t he play CL final the previous year.

But I still think their flattering to deceive this season... yesterday they beat a very poorly organised arsenal side. But likewise you can only beat who is put in front of you
Livermore?

WTF is this Fight for Europa about? Is it macaronic like our SRR stuff? We’ll get top three...absolutely no doubt. Look at how brick United and Arsenal were today. As for Chelsea..their defence has more holes than a packet of Polos
Arsenal weren’t anymore brick away at Liverpool than we were at Emirates Marketing Project, they should have scored more goals and didn’t get the run of the green we did. You talk like we are streets ahead of Arsenal, we really aren’t. And you’ll get a rude awakening in the NLD if that’s what you think, there isn’t much in it at all....

Arsenal weren’t anymore brick away at Liverpool than we were at Emirates Marketing Project, they should have scored more goals and didn’t get the run of the green we did. You talk like we are streets ahead of Arsenal, we really aren’t. And you’ll get a rude awakening in the NLD if that’s what you think, there isn’t much in it at all....

I have no doubt the NLD will be tough. It always is. We could easily drop points there BUT I’m confident we will finish clear of Arsenal by more than 3 points. I was thinking 10+ but probably over ambitious. We finished above them last season even though we kept dropping points for couple months at the end. I think with our new additions, improved squad, and playing our home matches at home then we will enjoy a gap between us and them.

I have no doubt the NLD will be tough. It always is. We could easily drop points there BUT I’m confident we will finish clear of Arsenal by more than 3 points. I was thinking 10+ but probably over ambitious. We finished above them last season even though we kept dropping points for couple months at the end. I think with our new additions, improved squad, and playing our home matches at home then we will enjoy a gap between us and them.
Indeed, if I was a betting man I think we will come 3rd,a few points ahead of Arsenal in 4th. But I don’t think we are as far ahead of them as some like to think...

I fear that if we drop out of the top 4 we’ll be completely fudged and it will take us a decade to get back there.

We really have screwed the pooch, I can’t think of another example of such a strong squad being wasted so badly.

Third and Fourth is now a five horse race - Chelsea, Goons, Us, Leicester, Wolves (I think they will slip away).
Then remaining four will be able to lose up to 5/6 games I think. Top 4 is certainly still achievable - it will now just be more of a battle than it should.
Maybe third in our CL group and going for 4th and the EL wouldn't be such a bad thing.
And actually might be more representative of the current squad.
CL final was punching above our squad ability. The genuine prospect of winning the EL might just be enough motivation for the players in our squad who have won fudge all in their career (which is alot of them)

I already do, we had the best team in the country for two years and didn’t convert either into a title.

I’ll give Poch some leeway on the first though as Leicester were clearly doping.

I know some put forward an argument for Mopo to go then as he couldn’t convert.

I don’t agree, but some of the points they made were valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back