• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

No way we're not finishing top 4, even if we go through a mini slump. Don't forget Chelski, Manure, and the Arse have to play each other and will take points off each other.

...it's amazing how effective our new undrawable meteorology is. Despite 6 losses, we're well ahead of seasons where we'd lost only 5, 4 or even 3 games at this point.
This is what I've been saying - sod the draws, just go all out attack and force a win or loss. We are more likely to force the win at the moment. A draw is a pretty negative result if you're going for top 3, very similar to a loss (unless it is against one of the other top 4)

This is what I've been saying - sod the draws, just go all out attack and force a win or loss. We are more likely to force the win at the moment. A draw is a pretty negative result if you're going for top 3, very similar to a loss (unless it is against one of the other top 4)

The draws at the start of the season is normally what kills us.

You're definitely nuts. We've only lost 6. 18 points lost. And you think we should have another 12/15? Come on man. This is football, not a computer simulation.

Yes, we could have gained 12/15 and we could have lost 12/15 as well.

United

Abysmal finishing, could have been a seven goal win and United could have no complaints

Wolves
Arsenal
Watford

All games in which we were winning but ended up losing.

City and Liverpool we didn’t play as well as we can.

Yeah we could have dropped points in games we did win, but I don’t think any of them were won with an inferior xG.

United
Wolves
Arsenal
Watford

Yeah we could have dropped points in games we did win, but I don’t think any of them were won with an inferior xG.
Can you clarify that we were winning against united yet lost 0-1? Now, THAT is spurs_y.

Last edited:
Shame those bin dipping tossers dropped points today. Another dodgy decision got them a point. I am surprised Klopp didnt buy out East London’s supply of Slush to slow the spammers attack down in the second half........oh, sorry, he didn’t ask his ground staff to only clear one side of the pitch the other night.

I have a hope in my heart. That the injuries actually help Kane and Dele. They come back rested and with energy for the run in. We manage to keep winning with what we have then we move into the new stadium which has a massive positive effect on the players. And we surge to the title.

I like to dream :) hope! we have to have some.

fudge what happened before. We are here now. 5 points off the top, our two best attacking players sidelined for some time. If we can complete our growth and get results at both Anfield and Eastlands, it is very much on. Everyone is contributing something. Where are all the moaners now? ;-)

But, But the carabao cup, and Levy's bald and tight fisted and Poch is going to Chelsea.. and and the sky is falling in , the sky is falling in

I have a hope in my heart. That the injuries actually help Kane and Dele. They come back rested and with energy for the run in. We manage to keep winning with what we have then we move into the new stadium which has a massive positive effect on the players. And we surge to the title.

This has been my Uber positive mindset as well. Think it’s Citys this season though but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish above Pool, again.

Harry-Kane-Lion-photo.jpg

United

Abysmal finishing, could have been a seven goal win and United could have no complaints

Wolves
Arsenal
Watford

Yeah I’ve had those thoughts as well and individually you’re right, we could have won any of those games bar Liverpool who murdered us and City where a draw was probably as good as we could have done.

But if we beat Watford, Arsenal, United and Wolves, do we beat Watford at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Palace, Wet Spam, Cardiff at home. We had an element of fortune in all those games.

I’m fudging thrilled with where we are. I don’t think we’ll do it because we’ve to go to City, Liverpool and Chelsea but I’d be lying if I said a part of me hasn’t started dreaming glorious dreams.

Ha, not likely but I said the same to someone at work today.

They proclaimed "I hope we don't move into the new stadium this year, keep it for next year, let the players play out the season at the ground they are used to, Wembley"!!

I said "No way, imagine the scene if we have 3 home games left and 3 wins brings us the title guaranteed... do you want to play those games at Wembley, or do you want to open NWHL and get the fans fired up to cheer us to those 3 wins".

It's amazing how it can all begin to come apart for clubs touted to win the title.

City looked like they'd have this year's title in a stroll and, suddenly, de Bruyne goes out injured. Aguero's got a niggle (and a demanding girlfriend in California) and Mendy's blown another tire and they forgot to change the batteries in Kyle Walker's brain and suddenly they're looking up at Liverpool and clinging on for dear life until that last 2-1 home win.

Liverpool race away and think they've got it covered. Arrogantly send Clyne out on loan (no recall) then suddenly have a series of injuries (none too serious) and suddenly they're scrambling with having to play James Milner all over the map. Or use Matip as a large stationary object. And then suddenly service isn't as fluid to the forwards, goal production drops and criticism mounts. And, just being shown today, charts showing how Liverpool's mounting fatigue is creating a drop off in the number of sprints they perform per game.

They haven't learned to cope with the constant adversity like we have. They've done alright building parts of their squad but mostly rely on buckets of money to patch problems.

One must be strong to be a Spurs fan. In the face of record-setting doom mongering - since the start of the season - we've overcome all odds to stay in the top three. Injuries, stadium issues, lack of transfers, national team commitments have all set the naysayers achirping.

Yet here we are, just nicely tucked in abeam and abaft of the leaders. Never been mentally stronger. We've knocked out a trio of league wins without a handful of top stars and, with injured players soon to come back, are in a lovely position moving forward. Even if we don't win the title, it would be fun to finish second and give the gears to Liverpool fans all summer.

Do you want to tell Liverpool that who have drawn five games and are five points clear of us then:D....

Just had one of those silly thoughts this morning. If Liverpool lost to Bournemouth at the weekend or United the week after, winning the title is in our hands.

Ok, it’d mean winning our last 16 games (including the 3 we’ve won already) which is highly unlikely but logic and reality is the last port of call for most of us football fans so I have to confess, I got a little bit giddy at the thought whilst planning how I’d make the Everton game (I’m in Spain that weekend).

Just had one of those silly thoughts this morning. If Liverpool lost to Bournemouth at the weekend or United the week after, winning the title is in our hands.

Ok, it’d mean winning our last 16 games (including the 3 we’ve won already) which is highly unlikely but logic and reality is the last port of call for most of us football fans so I have to confess, I got a little bit giddy at the thought whilst planning how I’d make the Everton game (I’m in Spain that weekend).
Serious “bottled it” fears!

Back