• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

We'll beat Watford and West Bromwich and Chelsea will draw or lose to the scousers and it will be all done with 2 games still left.
That's the way I see it too. And I do not think for a moment that anyone who is talking about "nightmare" scenarios really believes them. It's all just for banter.

That's the way I see it too. And I do not think for a moment that anyone who is talking about "nightmare" scenarios really believes them. It's all just for banter.

I can see pool winning against stoke and losing at Chelsea

Chelsea win every game up to the last one but pool get the point they need to get over the line

We will be 3rd

Time to start worrying about our fixture run-in yet?? (puts annual "hat-of-pessimism" on)...

Watford (h) – Should've been straightforward enough, though we now come off the back of 3 games without a win and Chelsea undoubtedly right up our backsides come Monday night. Now becomes a must win match.
Predicts 2-0 (3pts)

West Brom (a) - Is it me, or do we always seems to struggle against this lot!!? I always associate it with an inevitably disappointing 1-1, whether home or away. They're playing for Darren Morgan and the pressure is off. They've turned in two decent results of late and i can see us struggling to contain their strength again.
Has to be 1-1 (1pt)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) - Again potentially trickier tie than it looks on paper. Think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will enjoy the space offered by Wembley. Particularly Jonjo's long range passing game with the pace of Gayle and Perez in behind Sanchez.
Predicting 2-2, with a late Geordie equaliser. (1pt)

Leicester (h) - Saying goodbye to Wembley (for now??). Leicester are similar to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in that they have the decent players to hurt us in Mahrez and Vardy, and will enjoy putting one over us again when they have nothing to play for. Pressure may well be on to clinch 4th spot with a win, so this is going to be a tough one to call. I'm not sure i can enjoy this unless we've secured top 4 already.
A frustrating 1-1, leaving our CL fate needing help from the Geordies at home to Chelsea.

Total: 6 points. 74 in total.
Would put us 11 clear of Chelsea as it stands, leaving them needing to win all 4 games which they're very capable of, looking at their run in.
But that does leave us with no room for error at all in my opinion!

(did warn you it was pessimistic!!)

Time to start worrying about our fixture run-in yet?? (puts annual "hat-of-pessimism" on)...

Watford (h) – Should've been straightforward enough, though we now come off the back of 3 games without a win and Chelsea undoubtedly right up our backsides come Monday night. Now becomes a must win match.
Predicts 2-0 (3pts)

West Brom (a) - Is it me, or do we always seems to struggle against this lot!!? I always associate it with an inevitably disappointing 1-1, whether home or away. They're playing for Darren Morgan and the pressure is off. They've turned in two decent results of late and i can see us struggling to contain their strength again.
Has to be 1-1 (1pt)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) - Again potentially trickier tie than it looks on paper. Think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will enjoy the space offered by Wembley. Particularly Jonjo's long range passing game with the pace of Gayle and Perez in behind Sanchez.

Leicester (h) - Saying goodbye to Wembley (for now??). Leicester are similar to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in that they have the decent players to hurt us in Mahrez and Vardy, and will enjoy putting one over us again when they have nothing to play for. Pressure may well be on to clinch 4th spot with a win, so this is going to be a tough one to call. I'm not sure i can enjoy this unless we've secured top 4 already.
A frustrating 1-1, leaving our CL fate needing help from the Geordies at home to Chelsea.

Total: 6 points. 74 in total.
Would put us 11 clear of Chelsea as it stands, leaving them needing to win all 4 games which they're very capable of, looking at their run in.
But that does leave us with no room for error at all in my opinion!

You've just basically reassured me, because thats beyond pessimistic and even in that scenario Chelsea would still need to win all their games. We are fine....

Watford, Lloris is back, causing chaos, Eriksen drags us to a 2-2 draw.

West Brom, their good form continues, Rondon bosses it, we are lucky to get a 2-0 defeat.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, its the hope that kills you, we sneak a 1-0 as hero Hugo makes up for his recent errors.

Leicester, last day, we need a win to guarantee CL but a draw will probably do, players emerge in flip flops and Hawaiian shirts, Leicester smash us 5-1.

Watford, Lloris is back, causing chaos, Eriksen drags us to a 2-2 draw.

West Brom, their good form continues, Rondon bosses it, we are lucky to get a 2-0 defeat.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, its the hope that kills you, we sneak a 1-0 as hero Hugo makes up for his recent errors.

Leicester, last day, we need a win to guarantee CL but a draw will probably do, players emerge in flip flops and Hawaiian shirts, Leicester smash us 5-1.

tenor.gif

it is indeed, but...the nightmare scenario also just became a possibility now.
Liverpool lose at Chelsea and draw v Huddersfield 73pts
Chelsea win all 4 75pts
We win 2/lose 2, win 1/draw 3 74pts and finish 4th.

Do you know where I am coming from?

It's a distinct possibility and should not happen, as yes Liverpool should beat Huddersfield on the last day, and Atletico should finish the job. But as said many times, if it could happen to anyone, it would happen to us

I can see Liverpool losing focus in the league now that a CL final is within reach. Which means it will be up to us whether we catch them or not. All in our hands now.

Where? The concourses? Exactly how much extra space do you think the pitch at Wembley offers?

This was up for discussion early in the season. Wembley's dimensions
- 105 x 68 metres -
are almost identical to those at least a dozen other PL grounds. Only Palace, Everton, Liverpool and Stoke have pitch lengths - 101 or 100 metres - that offer significantly less space.

it is indeed, but...the nightmare scenario also just became a possibility now.
Liverpool lose at Chelsea and draw v Huddersfield 73pts
Chelsea win all 4 75pts
We win 2/lose 2, win 1/draw 3 74pts and finish 4th.

Do you know where I am coming from?

It's a distinct possibility and should not happen, as yes Liverpool should beat Huddersfield on the last day, and Atletico should finish the job. But as said many times, if it could happen to anyone, it would happen to us

That's a spectacular bit of speculization. But your specs need cleaning. Huddersfield aren't playing Liverpool. It's Brighton who visit Anfield on the final day.

To go one further, we could well see Liverpool drop out the top four and lose the CL to end the season with no trophy and no CL next year. Goodbye Salah?

But we really wouldn't enjoy watching that unless it was from the comfort and safety of third place.

Last edited:
Back