• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I’m sure we will get there

We need to get better results in these games but only city are flying form wise and their way head of everyone

Wembley would always cost us a few points COMPARED to the 50 out of 54pts of last season, can we make up a bit away from home? We made a good start.

I agree, I feel we are better than Arsenal Liverpool we just need one or two of our runs with a good few wins on the trot to impose ourselves. We are capable of this.

I never believed that we would realistically win the title though in theory we had a chance (perhaps 10%-20% chance like Man U and cheatski); equally though, I've always thought and still do think that we're better than Liverpool and Arsenal. Therefore, it continues to feel like 3-way scrap between us, Man U and cheatski for 2nd - 4th.

At the moment, we're struggling a bit given that Dele's form has been dreadful, one natural back-up attacker in Lamela is also out, Llorente has struggled when he's come on and GKN is a waste of time. That's effectively zero contribution from 4 attacking players in our squad so not a surprise that we're scratching around for results some times. Flip side to that is that if Dele hits form for the second half of the season then we'll be fine. Would be amazing if we could sign just one player in Jan who could make some sort of contribution til the end of the season

It's very simple.
More money and better players.
Considering the financial gap between us and the rest of the top six, I'm very happy.

Give us a Hazard and we would win the league or at least have a chance.
Eriksen is great but ATM a spent force.

The last two years' PL tables would suggest so, and nothing really happened in the summer to suggest that things should have changed
It's not the last two season anymore. And judging by this years table, there is not much between the teams. It's outright naive to say we are clearly better than them. We aren't. It's very close between us.

It's very simple.
More money and better players.
Considering the financial gap between us and the rest of the top six, I'm very happy.

Give us a Hazard and we would win the league or at least have a chance.
Eriksen is great but ATM a spent force.

A spent force? Really?

I do love how people so easily saying we’re better than Liverpool and Arsenal....

Agreed. Arsenal and Liverpool are both very good teams and are more than capable of finishing above us in the table. On the other hand, I don't think United and Chelsea are much better than us either.

Think it's gonna be five quality, but flawed teams for three places (assuming City win it), and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if any of the teams miss out on top 4. Should go all the way to the wire.

The last two years' PL tables would suggest so, and nothing really happened in the summer to suggest that things should have changed
Last time I checked it’s about this season. Chelsea won the league one season and the next were nowhere. Arsenal have already beat us and likely go ahead of us in the league this weekend, Liverpool very close to us in the league. You can’t talk like we are definitely better than them this season, especially playing at Wembley....

Last edited:
Last time I checked it’s about this season. Chelsea won the league one season and the next were nowhere. Arsenal have already beat us and likely go ahead of us in the league this weekend, Liverpool very close to us in the league. You can’t talk like we are definitely better than them this season, especially playing at Wembley....

Chelsea didnt have European football last year which benefitted them massively and their summer transfer activity didnt improve them. Arsenal's summer activity didnt improve them either, and I dont think Liverpool solved their problems in the summer, so the last couple seasons performances are very relevant and I do think we're better than both Liverpool and Arse (for clairty, I dont think I've said that we're 'definitely better' than chelsea)

If you were somehow able to play this season 100 times over with the same squads etc, I'd expect us to finish between 2nd and 4th perhaps 70% of the time (in/around Man U and chelsea) and 1st perhaps 10%-20% and 5th or 6th for the other 10%-20%. I'd also expect Liverpool and Arse to finish 5th and 6th more often than not. Clearly this season could be one of the 10%-20% of times when we'd finish 5th or 6th

You're obviously entitled to your opinion though

Chelsea didnt have European football last year which benefitted them massively and their summer transfer activity didnt improve them. Arsenal's summer activity didnt improve them either, and I dont think Liverpool solved their problems in the summer, so the last couple seasons performances are very relevant and I do think we're better than both Liverpool and Arse (for clairty, I dont think I've said that we're 'definitely better' than chelsea)

If you were somehow able to play this season 100 times over with the same squads etc, I'd expect us to finish between 2nd and 4th perhaps 70% of the time (in/around Man U and chelsea) and 1st perhaps 10%-20% and 5th or 6th for the other 10%-20%. I'd also expect Liverpool and Arse to finish 5th and 6th more often than not. Clearly this season could be one of the 10%-20% of times when we'd finish 5th or 6th

You're obviously entitled to your opinion though
Not sure how you come to those percentages but for me it can be summed up far more simply. We aren’t any better than Arsenal or Liverpool in the league points status. We could end up finishing higher than both those teams, equally we might not - it’s not like we have massively superior squads to either of them. What I know for sure is we can’t sit here and definitely say we are better than Liverpool or Arsenal right now. I think a couple of decent European and domestic performances are getting to some fans heads - maybe that’s the problem for our players too....

Back