• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup Draw Thread

Re: The FA Cup Draw Thread - 5th Round Draw Sunday 5.45pm

Just seen the draw, and I do. Would have been £50 a ticket no doubt, to spend 90 mins working how the gods would conspire against us again at Etihad
Would the outcome of the draw have been the same had we not lost though?

Yep. Tbh i didn't actually feel that bad but certainly feel better now.

Same here. But the prospect of us facing a tough PL team in the next round was always strong as almost all progressed.

I think it was really stupid to have a full set of league matches in midweek, only 3/4 days after the FA Cup. The way most of the PL teams struggled against lower division teams shows it affected their approach to the FA Cup matches. I am sure we would have played a stronger team if not for the Norwich match on Wednesday.

Dont see why not, would have been the same ball number whether it was us or Leeds

You're underestimating the effect of the butterflies that would have done something slightly differently had we won.

I think it was really stupid to have a full set of league matches in midweek, only 3/4 days after the FA Cup. The way most of the PL teams struggled against lower division teams shows it affected their approach to the FA Cup matches. I am sure we would have played a stronger team if not for the Norwich match on Wednesday.

I agree with that, certainly with regards to us at least. Still think Liverpool and Chelsea would have rotated a few players, just maybe not as many.
As mentioned in an earlier post, as we now have no match on weekend Feb 16/17, I will be disappointed if we dont play a full strength side at home to Lyon in the Europa League now, no need to rest anybody as we would have a 7day break until the 2nd leg

You're underestimating the effect of the butterflies that would have done something slightly differently had we won.

I see where you're coming from, but quite frankly we couldnt have got a much harder draw as it was, had we got through

They will always be on, doesn't matter who they play, as they draw more viewers than most teams and thus more money from ads.

Three teams in the hat so far, Barnsley, Millwall and Blackburn.

Odds are that the big guns will follow today/tomorrow to provide a more balanced draw. Pretty sure United and City will progress, with Chelsea and Everton progressing eventually.
Huddersfield could even it up today to make 4PL-4 non-PL

As a side note, how bizarre was it this weekend.
Saturday Super League Huddersfield v Wigan
Sunday FA Cup Huddersfield v Wigan

Same towns, different sports, same venue on the same weekend. A first surely?

FA CUP DRAW

Oldham Athletic or Everton v Wigan Athletic

Emirates Marketing Project v Barnsley

Manchester United or Reading v Middlesbrough or Chelsea

Millwall v Blackburn Rovers

Man Utd/Emirates Marketing Project final it is then..

Everton may well have a say in it. Didnt they spoil the party a few years back beating United in the s/fl, but certainly can see the Mancs being kept apart (hot balls/cold balls - not saying it would be fixed)

Last edited:
What's this? Chelsea get an away tie, against Man United? Don't the FA know how it works? They are supposed to get a brick team at home.

Somebody definitely did not get the e-mail,

but they were due a season like this:-
3rd Round Southampton A
4th ROund Brentford A
5th Round Middlesborough A
and if victorious
6th Round Man United A

Four away draws in one run, that has to be a first for Chelsea, that will be home draws now for the next 8 years now

Back