• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Definitive Worst Tottenham Eleven

Alnwick-you can use your hands
Hutton-turns my head 360 with rage even now he's gone
Edinburgh-tackle in the area=penalty
Doherty- as above
Berti- don't know how he got so bad
Toda- Glenn Hoddle does himself no favours with signings like this
Atouba- no come on, seriously
Konchesky- probably didn't help he "played" left wing
Rasiak- so bad he got shipped out for Barnard
Postiga- feeble

Fair enough, maybe they were just brick.

Let's be honest, we've had our share.

I reckon I could have got a game for Spurs in the late-90s.

I was not trying to be funny with my answer, Lacy was one of the worst CB to wear the shirt and we have had a few ( Scott, Cundy, Vega, Scales, Docherty), he was slow, poor in the air. We paid 900,000 for Gray and he only played 30 odd games.

Rocha for that Carling Cup semi final against the goons. We had a genuine chance that year against their reserves and he does this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XzwTGEca_U

Hmm.... for one, we were 15 minutes away from going out on away goals. It wasn't like this mistake cost us the game. We needed to score in any circumstance.

And secondly, what about the previous 195 minutes, which included losing a two goal lead at home?

My first memories of supporting Spurs were 1981. I'm pretty sure some of the old timers on here will be able to provide plenty of brick players from the relegated team.....

For me personally when creating an all time brick team, it should be from players you actually know and players who played 10+ league games for the club. Since 1981 my all time turd list is....

GK : Mimms
RB : Kerslake
CB : Scott
CB : Nethercott
LB : Wilson
RM : Bentley
CM : Dozzell
CM : Brown
LM : Chiedozie
ST : Rebrov
ST : Rosenthal

Rebrov and Bentley are in there due to cost as much as anything else, and it may be a little harsh on Bentley who at least had a few good moments. Rebrov wasn't worth ?ú1m, let alone ?ú11m. I'm sure there were some brown paper envelopes there...

Willo was a mainstay in one of the better back lines we've had in recent memory during 95/96, alongside Mabbs and Campbell. I still think that is our best season for goals conceded. He was also one of better players that season. That said, he was playing in a fairly solid team and back line. The later seasons he got exposed but then he was about 37/38 at that stage! Francis at fault for not being able to come up with anyone else. Better contenders here would be someone like Ben Thatcher. On the other side: Terry Fenwick?

I'm not having Michael Brown either. He is absurdly credited with helping keep us up in 03/04, when we lost nearly every game he played in, but he did also have his moments during that period and the following season. There are far worse contenders. How about Andy Gray? (33 games :-s)

Rosenthal tends to get let off the hook for that Southampton game but he was truly terrible the rest of the time. Who remembers that open goal he missed in the Notts Forest 5th Round replay in 95/96? Deep in extra-time, IIRC, Mark Crosley let a shot slip, Rosenthal came in for the tap in and.... hit the post! :lol:... from about 10 yards! We lost the game on penalties. According to Wiki, he scored 4 league goals for the club in 88 games! That Southampton game was absolute freak. I think he should have been tested afterwards, frankly! :)

Last edited:
What a great thread. Love the first post.

Justin Edinburgh surely should feature? Dean Austin. Our own cafu and Carlos right there.

Cundy was proper gonad*s as well.

Moussa Saib. First 11, without doubt.

Darren Anderton quoted in his autobiography as him being one of the finest players he's ever seen in training - nobody could get near him. However when it came to match day he went to pieces.

Andy Gray & Cundy arrived at the same time - shocking.

Nethercott always there

Tremazani - the worst ever

Acimovic for THE miss of the century

Kevin Scott - surely

My nominations not already mentioned.

Ian Crook
Mbulelelo Mabizela
Garry O'Reilly

edit: only just seen previous post

Walter Tull, we shipped him out to Northampton as soon as we realised he was brick. Arthur Rowe, only got one England cap, rubbish. Alf Ramsey, captained England to their first ever home defeat at Wembley in 1953.

fudge me, we've had some chokers.

11 worst from the top of my head;

Alnwick
Tramezzani (very hard not to put Edingburgh or Wilson there) - Doherty - Vega - Austin
Jonnie Jackson (brick, this guy was bad, only Doherty worse in recent history in my opinion) - Acimovic - Dozzell - Bentley
Rasiak - Postiga

Rory Allen. Neale fenn.

Haha, Neale Fenn, jesus christ, he was brick too. I remember him scoring against Carlisle in the league cup once, and that was it. Him and Rory Allen started for us against United at Old Trafford one year - was tempted to just turn off the TV, knew we wouldn't even be close to scoring a goal anyway (lost 2-0 I think).

fenn.jpg

From the 70,s, definitely Ian Moores.
I kid you not, he was hated.
In those days, you had to get in the ground early, and the team would be read out several times before ko.
Every player was roundly cheered until they got to Moores, who was boo,ed worse than anyone i can remember.
And he had a double who sold roasted peanuts in the crowd who got as much stick!!

Back