• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Deep 2 in Midfield

I didn't see the game today but from what I have read from the other posters sounds like we sat back and let arsenal come on to us. That in some ways plays to our strengths if we get men behind the ball. If we play the opposite way and try to win the ball in the opposition half and stretch the play beyond our comfort zone I am not sure the likes of Capoue will be good enough.

maybe you should consider watching the game...we drew arsenal away, its worth a watch for any spurs fan.

I used to play off the front man at Fulham and would totally boss games. That's where I want to see him play.
He goes past people at ease, and surely doing that around the edge of the opposition's box is going to be a lot more damaging then doing that in the centre circle.
I remember when he was at Fulham in the interview he said Jol has instructed him to get off at least 5 shots every game....... Sounds pretty basic but think that's what we need from him.

are you Berbatov in disguise :-k

That's just your opinion that he's the least creative player in the squad, I could make up some hyperbolic statement about him to the positive but it wouldn't make it true either. The fact is he's played one game there, looked good and we won 4-0!

Dembele played all his early career as an AM. Jol converted him to a DM, which was the making of him.

He's too bulky and lumbering now for AM, as well as lacking vision and intelligence.

I used to play off the front man at Fulham and would totally boss games. That's where I want to see him play.
He goes past people at ease, and surely doing that around the edge of the opposition's box is going to be a lot more damaging then doing that in the centre circle.
I remember when he was at Fulham in the interview he said Jol has instructed him to get off at least 5 shots every game....... Sounds pretty basic but think that's what we need from him.

Welcome to GG Danny Murphy.

Running with the ball is no use when you've got 9 defenders set in front of you, which is what happens after Dembele has gone down 12 dead alleyways first.

Dembele played all his early career as an AM. Jol converted him to a DM, which was the making of him.

He's too bulky and lumbering now for AM, as well as lacking vision and intelligence.

Running with the ball is no use when you've got 9 defenders set in front of you, which is what happens after Dembele has gone down 12 dead alleyways first.

You've not actually said anything again, your just making stuff up and over exaggerating, it's doing you no favours. I can't be bothered to go down this road of discussion because whatever I say you'll just come out with some made up rubbish about Dembele being "the worst attacking midfielder to ever play the game, ever", it's pointless.

Apparently he was good in pre-season (though I hate pre-season matches and avoid them like the plague).

It was more in the context of Bentaleb being really out of form, Stambouli still looking off the pace, and Dembele being very Dembele against West Brom.

I think we need to remember that Benteleb is still only 19 and has not really had an off season break having played at the world cup.

I think he needs to be shepherded through till Christmas and then we might see him back in form, by contrast Mason is 23 and hardly played over the last 12 months.

Not if receives the ball early around the edge of the box. Beat a me and get off a shot, simple!

=D>bravo young man bravo.

thank you, kind sir :)

but i do mean it in a sincere way.

last season, arsenal only lost once at home and drew 5 times. we nearly beat them in this game and they were all edgy after we scored.

given that we seemed to be going into decline before this game, I feel that this draw is as good as a win mentally for us.

truly a significant achievement by poch and boys, and one they can continue to build on.

Not if receives the ball early around the edge of the box. Beat a me and get off a shot, simple!

i've always wondered about this. dembele himself said that his early days was about walking the ball into goal. we might get a few penalties too with his excellent dribbling.

I'd like to see dembele in one of the positions behind the striker, his powerful dribbling higher up the pitch could cause problems. Looked good there v Saudi Sportswashing Machine last year. I think he's got too much ability to discard, we just need to find a way to utilize him.

Bump!

I know he's playing centre mid, but he popped up in an inside left position and caused big problems there, that's what I think he can do from that position.

Mason and Capoue have now played two league games together against decent opposition and look lie a great complimentary pairing.

Mason passes quick and forwards with Capoue offering the ability to break up play. Both won tackles and went forward well today too

Really look good together and Mason reminds me of Modric

Rewlly? I think mason looked sensationally out of his depth today, he's so painfully slow, doesn't rewlly get involved at all and doesn't really make creative passes. He's like bentaleb, but not as good... I think it's a huge problem area, he's tried everyone and keeps changing it. Out of what we have I think Dembele needs to start, but we need to sort it in jan.

Rewlly? I think mason looked sensationally out of his depth today, he's so painfully slow, doesn't rewlly get involved at all and doesn't really make creative passes. He's like bentaleb, but not as good... I think it's a huge problem area, he's tried everyone and keeps changing it. Out of what we have I think Dembele needs to start, but we need to sort it in jan.

Wow I'm stunned. Did you watch it on TV or at the game? I'd guess on TV he may possibly not look as good

I was in the lower tier south stand and had some Great views of his passisng. It was quick, precise and spreaded the play

I'd love to see some stats for him as I don't remember a pass going astray and most were ppositive quick ones

Only one pass but...

[VINE]OKezg5H1mWg[/VINE]

Back