• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Deep 2 in Midfield

Ha was that not his debut?! Yes thats obviously the game I meant, looked great that day...

nope, dont worry though its a common mistake people make up there with people thinking Arsenal was Palacios' debut. He did look good. To think, the following season we missed out on CL by a game.

Just like pre-season.

shhhhhh don't you know that means nothing ;)

We really do need to work on passing it out from the back though. Mason is good at it, Capoue does seem to dwell on it at times and does get the ball stuck under his feet.

So Capoue and Mason it is then.

Excellent today. Rock solid and quick ball forward to the AMs.

I'm with you. Was a massive challenge for an inexperienced player like Mason, but I think he more than kept the shirt for our next Prem game. Really think he offers something different than any of our other midfielders, and if he keeps in this form, I think he'll shine in matches against teams that will give us more possession.

I'm with you. Was a massive challenge for an inexperienced player like Mason, but I think he more than kept the shirt for our next Prem game. Really think he offers something different than any of our other midfielders, and if he keeps in this form, I think he'll shine in matches against teams that will give us more possession.

I didn't see the game today but from what I have read from the other posters sounds like we sat back and let arsenal come on to us. That in some ways plays to our strengths if we get men behind the ball. If we play the opposite way and try to win the ball in the opposition half and stretch the play beyond our comfort zone I am not sure the likes of Capoue will be good enough.

Right now it's looking like Capoue and either Mason or Bentaleb for me. Not convinced by Dembele and Capoue together, think we need the creativity and passing of either Mason or Bentaleb.

Mason to start against Southampton as he's on form, great to have another option to Bentaleb in that position as Bentaleb wasn't really ever going to just play consistently at his age.

Right now it's looking like Capoue and either Mason or Bentaleb for me. Not convinced by Dembele and Capoue together, think we need the creativity and passing of either Mason or Bentaleb.

Mason to start against Southampton as he's on form, great to have another option to Bentaleb in that position as Bentaleb wasn't really ever going to just play consistently at his age.

I'd like to see dembele in one of the positions behind the striker, his powerful dribbling higher up the pitch could cause problems. Looked good there v Saudi Sportswashing Machine last year. I think he's got too much ability to discard, we just need to find a way to utilize him.

I'd like to see dembele in one of the positions behind the striker, his powerful dribbling higher up the pitch could cause problems. Looked good there v Saudi Sportswashing Machine last year. I think he's got too much ability to discard, we just need to find a way to utilize him.

Would be strange to play the least creative player in the squad in the position you need the most creativity.

I think he needs to be converted into either an out-and-out DM or a non-goalscoring CF.

Would be strange to play the least creative player in the squad in the position you need the most creativity.

I think he needs to be converted into either an out-and-out DM or a non-goalscoring CF.

That's just your opinion that he's the least creative player in the squad, I could make up some hyperbolic statement about him to the positive but it wouldn't make it true either. The fact is he's played one game there, looked good and we won 4-0!

Completely agree, feel he is totally wasted as a deep lying midfielder.

Capoue, Mason/ Dembele for me. Stambouli as cover for Capoue.

Bentaleb playing in the cups and developing. Possibly going on loan in Jan. Bentaleb needs consistent first team game time. He's the youngest of the bunch and could become the best of the bunch too given a few years and games.

I used to play off the front man at Fulham and would totally boss games. That's where I want to see him play.
He goes past people at ease, and surely doing that around the edge of the opposition's box is going to be a lot more damaging then doing that in the centre circle.
I remember when he was at Fulham in the interview he said Jol has instructed him to get off at least 5 shots every game....... Sounds pretty basic but think that's what we need from him.

Back