• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Genuinely gutted when I saw the news.
What a bowler he turned out to be. Decent batsman at times too. 100% committed to Australia after a shaky start and turned into a great showman. Had a good amount of respect for England too when he moved onto commentary. RIP..

Agreed with with the first bit, but not the second, Benaud bored me to tears and became a caricature of himself near the end.
Ooh er!

Maybe I just preferred to buy into it, but as with the likes of John Arlott, Brian Johnston and David Gower, for me there came a point when cricket seemed that much less authentic without him at the mic.

Each to their own, I suppose.

This is the very worst of Richie Benaud, "oh yes this reminds me of an innings by Alan Davidson against the Duke of Arundell''s Eleven at Hove in 48, on a very tricky wicket. He only got 20 odd, but it was a little gem of an innings, one of the best you could ever see." He was as contrived as it was possible to be.

Root resigned as captain. Think that’s for the best, wonder if Broad will be the short term replacement as Stokes has said previously he doesn’t fancy it

why give it to Broad though? Surely England need to be looking forwards not backwards?
I don’t think there is anyone else who is assured of their place who has the aptitude for it, other than Stokes who I think has said he doesn’t want it? Which is a shame as ideally if it was Broad you’d want a vice captain who could succeed him in the not too distant future.

Definitely not much of a succession plan in place though - is there anyone else you can think of who would be worth a shout?

Back