• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

9 County Championship games started today
101 wickets in those games

People wonder why we can't bat in test matches, well look at the 4 day game it's played at the start and end of the season when conditions totally favour the bowlers
Tbf 25 of those fell at Chelmsford, so 76 in the other 9 games, still 8.5 wickets per match.

Essex again making a complete mockery of the new county championship format, in 4 games so far they’ve won 2 games by an innings, in 3rd game they made Surrey follow on but lost a day to rain so ended in a draw and in the 4th game are leading by 66 runs with Northants only 5 wickets left in 2nd innings, Essex still have their 2nd innings to bat…

honestly think Essex would have won the first division had they not split it up half way through. (Stitched up with a draw as well against one of the teams in the first half of the year when the oppo couldn’t fulfill the fixture due to Covid!)

Tbf 25 of those fell at Chelmsford, so 76 in the other 9 games, still 8.5 wickets per match.

Essex again making a complete mockery of the new county championship format, in 4 games so far they’ve won 2 games by an innings, in 3rd game they made Surrey follow on but lost a day to rain so ended in a draw and in the 4th game are leading by 66 runs with Northants only 5 wickets left in 2nd innings, Essex still have their 2nd innings to bat…

honestly think Essex would have won the first division had they not split it up half way through. (Stitched up with a draw as well against one of the teams in the first half of the year when the oppo couldn’t fulfill the fixture due to Covid!)
100% Essex have been well and truely screwed over !!!

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison says there will be "no special deals" after Boris Johnson asked for families of England cricketers to be allowed to travel for the Ashes.

The first Test begins on 8 December but some England players are considering pulling out as a result of Australia's strict Covid-19 travel protocols.

The country plans to ease restrictions once 80% of adults are vaccinated.

Morrison says that figure will reach 50% this week.

UK Prime Minister Johnson discussed the issue with Morrison at a dinner in Washington.

"I would love to see the Ashes go ahead, as I shared with Boris last night," Morrison said.

"But there's no special deals there, because what we're looking to have is vaccinated people being able to travel.

"I don't see a great deal of difference in skilled workers or students who will be able to come to Australia when you reach those vaccination rates.

"Those who are coming for that purpose when it comes to their profession, which is playing cricket, I don't see the difference between that and someone who's coming as a skilled, qualified engineer or someone who's coming to be ready for study."

Johnson had said: "I raised it and he said he was going to do his best for the families. He merely undertook to come back and see if he could find a solution."

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is expecting details from Cricket Australia on how the series will take place - including quarantine arrangements, provisions for families and if players will have to live in a 'bubble' environment - this week.

That information will then be presented to the England players, who will make individual decisions on their participation before the Ashes squad is announced in the first week of October.

Even if Australia's travel restrictions change, some states may keep their borders shut for longer which could further complicate the tour given the five Tests take place in five different states.

While the dates for the five Tests - between 8 December and 18 January - are not thought to be at risk of being changed, venues could be altered, depending on state-to-state travel restrictions

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison says there will be "no special deals" after Boris Johnson asked for families of England cricketers to be allowed to travel for the Ashes.

The first Test begins on 8 December but some England players are considering pulling out as a result of Australia's strict Covid-19 travel protocols.

The country plans to ease restrictions once 80% of adults are vaccinated.

Morrison says that figure will reach 50% this week.

UK Prime Minister Johnson discussed the issue with Morrison at a dinner in Washington.

"I would love to see the Ashes go ahead, as I shared with Boris last night," Morrison said.

"But there's no special deals there, because what we're looking to have is vaccinated people being able to travel.

"I don't see a great deal of difference in skilled workers or students who will be able to come to Australia when you reach those vaccination rates.

"Those who are coming for that purpose when it comes to their profession, which is playing cricket, I don't see the difference between that and someone who's coming as a skilled, qualified engineer or someone who's coming to be ready for study."

Johnson had said: "I raised it and he said he was going to do his best for the families. He merely undertook to come back and see if he could find a solution."

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is expecting details from Cricket Australia on how the series will take place - including quarantine arrangements, provisions for families and if players will have to live in a 'bubble' environment - this week.

That information will then be presented to the England players, who will make individual decisions on their participation before the Ashes squad is announced in the first week of October.

Even if Australia's travel restrictions change, some states may keep their borders shut for longer which could further complicate the tour given the five Tests take place in five different states.

While the dates for the five Tests - between 8 December and 18 January - are not thought to be at risk of being changed, venues could be altered, depending on state-to-state travel restrictions

I can't see most of the England players accepting that decision. Two weeks in a quarantine hotel is an absolute head fcuk as well as physically detrimental. In a normal Ashes tour I'd expect them to be arriving in late October which is fast approaching. No statement from ECB suggests to me they haven't got the players over the line. Gutted if it doesn't happen because I've spent a fortune on tickets, flights etc but it saves us from a 5-0 ass whipping.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cri...r-mass-ashes-withdrawals-20210924-p58ue5.html

Will struggle to take 20 wickets each test or make 300+ each innings, not a great combo. We’ve a good bowling unit in England, but they struggle overseas.

add a fit Stokes and Archer and it becomes more even.

I'm hoping with our expectations so low, something out of the ordinary happens. Maybe we'll fluke it at the first test in Brisbane (where we never win) and make it tighter than everything is suggesting.

Back