• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Clueless sadly
Out classed is probably kinder.

Totally. I am not a big cricket follower by any means but it’s very clear our bowling right now is toothless.
Oh well it is still brilliant just to be in a crowd of people watching sport. Who thought it could be missed so much.

Erghhh only watched a couple of the 100s on BBC, terrible! Maybe it would be more palatable on Sky with those 2?
It’s Ok I don’t listen to all the gable and fluff.
Cricket is between a rock and a hard place sadly. My Mrs can’t be arsed to watch tests but doesn’t mind white ball.
Test cricket is so ‘up it’s self’ and ponderous and time especially in the uk with our weather.
I think the English test team is on life support now and will inevitably disappear due to financial constraints.
I love test cricket but watching yesterday’s England performance was quite sad as white ball bowlers were largely clueless and we had to rely on 40yo with a Grammy leg.

It’s Ok I don’t listen to all the gable and fluff.
Cricket is between a rock and a hard place sadly. My Mrs can’t be arsed to watch tests but doesn’t mind white ball.
Test cricket is so ‘up it’s self’ and ponderous and time especially in the uk with our weather.
I think the English test team is on life support now and will inevitably disappear due to financial constraints.
I love test cricket but watching yesterday’s England performance was quite sad as white ball bowlers were largely clueless and we had to rely on 40yo with a Grammy leg.
Tbf we are missing Archer, Woakes, Broad and Stokes from our 1st choice bowling attack! Take 4 of the 5 best bowlers out of any attack in the world and it’ll look toothless.

Root has to be the best test batsman in the world at the moment. In 2021 he's scored double the second best batsman. We just need a couple of the others to step up.

Andy Zaltzman
Test Match Special statistician

That is the first time ever in a home Test match that both England openers have been out for a duck.

Quite a record to take home lads.

Back