• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Not sure on the Aussie pitch but on this one in it sounded like it would be tough to get anywhere near the target.

Next test will be different I think, a lot closer. Can’t help feeling our prep has been perfect whereas India looked a bit undercooked in their own conditions. Makes a nice change, Eng usually give the 1st test away due to this and have to play catch up.

Great start. They’re playing well throughout the team. Still not sure about our openers though.

You would think so but not the most threatening England attack, it annoys me when all the pundits and ex pros go on about declaring when none ever did when they played, I'm old enough to remember Gower setting Windies an unbeatable 350 odd target on last day at Lords and losing by 9 wickets
It was annoying, there was so much discussion about it (pros and non pros!) but there was an advantage in having rested bowlers with a newer ball and has been completely justified. I guess people just need something to talk about but I hope post match discussions confirm Root was spot on with his approach.

This was a grown up win, on the sub continent you dont give your wicket away trying to score 4 an over or putting 3 slips to fast bowlers. Control and patience are important. India will come back strongly, winning at least two more tosses would be helpful.

This was a grown up win, on the sub continent you dont give your wicket away trying to score 4 an over or putting 3 slips to fast bowlers. Control and patience are important. India will come back strongly, winning at least two more tosses would be helpful.
Sibley has made a real difference with his approach - batting time early on to gives everyone down the order an easier platform to score.

Sibley has made a real difference with his approach - batting time early on to gives everyone down the order an easier platform to score.

2 years ago Root was virtually an opener, we were nearly always 8 for 2 after 6 overs. Stokes could play his natural game when there are a few runs in the bank.

That stumping was out for me
Tight one but the gloved catch being missed by them by stopping the replay early was a pretty poor one. Surely just listening to the Captain would have resolved a clear and obvious error.
Did I hear Butcher say that the review was returned because the commentators drew attention to it??

Good days play, India will be the happier due to a great partnership and still having Pant in.

Getting him out early will be crucial he can be so destructive.

From what I saw the new lad bowled well.

Oh dear. I was look forward to some respite from the footy but it’s going to be a tough watch from here!

Pitch is a joke, to fall apart early day 2
Winning the toss has won the match for India
It’s a shame. Been some great catches by Pant too.

Foakes has acquitted himself well, deserved a 50. I think there’s a case for him and Buttler.

Back