• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Stokes isn't a small lad and that catch was taken at full stretch going backwards. Will take some effort to better that for catch of the tournament.

Catches win matches!

Much as I dislike booing players at cricket (I prefer the slow hand clap to show disapproval) I find it a bit rich that the Aussies don't like their players getting the bird as they love to swagger about giving all the "sledging" in matches and anyone who's been down there to a test match will tell you their fans know no limits to what they shout at our players.

This is the new reformed Australia. Perfect sportsmen with choirboy attitudes and they deserve respect for the transformation.

Much as I dislike booing players at cricket (I prefer the slow hand clap to show disapproval) I find it a bit rich that the Aussies don't like their players getting the bird as they love to swagger about giving all the "sledging" in matches and anyone who's been down there to a test match will tell you their fans know no limits to what they shout at our players.
They will get it full barrel all summer, they are cheats

A Sunday Times leading article from today: Retired, quite hurt.

Noël Coward was being satirical when he sang, at the height of the Second World War, “Don’t let’s be beastly to the Germans”. However, it is in the spirit of true reconciliation that today we urge cricket fans, “Please don’t be horrid to the Aussies”.

In recent years Australians became notorious as masters of the dark art of sledging. The opposition’s batting prowess, physique and even wives were all fair game. So it’s a surprise to learn that Australians are extremely sensitive fellows. Justin Langer, their coach, has asked fans not to boo Steve Smith and David Warner — both banned last year for ball-tampering — during the World Cup.

In a warm-up game some England fans even wore sandpaper costumes. That was quite obviously wrong; they would have been better dressing up as Lance-Corporal Jones from Dad’s Army — because suddenly Australia’s cricketers don’t like it up ’em.

Bangladesh looking like winners over the Saffies, that's a shock result early on

England play Pakistan tomorrow, working from home so I can watch every ball

Some sloppy England fielding, dropped catches, overthrows, etc.

England need some wickets to limit the damage in the last few overs.

Well, they got the late wickets, but there was some loose bowling and more poor fielding.

349 is, of course, well within this England side when they are sharp. They will need to be.

Edit. Except that "England require highest run-chase in World Cup history to beat Pakistan". Strange how perceptions in the modern one day game have changed so fast.

Last edited:
Back