• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Chich is a sloppy wet fart thread

Saw come from away last night. I am not into musicals but this was really good and uplifting. About the planes that were diverted after 9/11 and had to land in new foundland. How the locals took people into their homes.

Came out the theatre with a bit of a bounce in our steps. Nice way to spend a couple of hours.

So we saw All About Eve tonight at the Noel Coward theatre.

All about an ageing actress and her understudy who tries to worm her way into her life and the lengths she has to go to get her dream. Was outstanding and Gillian Anderson who I have had a crush on for years is Brilliant. Good supporting cast as well.

We are staying in town tonight because frankly we have had enough of the rush back to Victoria and we are booked in for lunch at Simpsons on the strand tomorrow afternoon. Hoping the Beef is as good as I remember, with it being St paddies day and being married to an Irish (sometimes lady) we will have to have a drink.

National Theatre are broadcasting this live at Vue cinemas this coming Thursday. We're going to give it a go. Poor man's theatre I guess but will see what it's like, theatre via the big screen.

National Theatre are broadcasting this live at Vue cinemas this coming Thursday. We're going to give it a go. Poor man's theatre I guess but will see what it's like, theatre via the big screen.

We saw the last Alan Bennett like that, was a good way to watch something we missed at the theatre, the play itself was not very good to be honest.

Saw Ghost Stories the other day. Not impressed.

Good production, really nice set design etc - but not anything like as clever as it thinks it is.

And not scary at all.

Did you enjoy it?

Yes, very much so.
The acting was brilliant and I thought the use of video to show what was happening elsewhere was very clever.

It was a little odd at first as while you’re watching on a cinema screen what you are watching does not have the same polish (? - can’t quite think of the word) as a film but once you get absorbed into the play that is all forgotten.
Far cheaper and more comfortable as well.
I was shocked to discover that the National Theatre have been doing this for 10 years! How this passed me by I have no idea.

Yes, very much so.
The acting was brilliant and I thought the use of video to show what was happening elsewhere was very clever.

It was a little odd at first as while you’re watching on a cinema screen what you are watching does not have the same polish (? - can’t quite think of the word) as a film but once you get absorbed into the play that is all forgotten.
Far cheaper and more comfortable as well.
I was shocked to discover that the National Theatre have been doing this for 10 years! How this passed me by I have no idea.

Your right it is a lot cheaper then the theatre which means you can get to watch more plays theen you would otherwise. Our local Odeon do quite a lot of NT productions and a few Opera. We went to see the Alan Bennett one at the Dome in Worthing which is a lovely old theatre with a screen put at the front so it felt like we were almost at the theatre.

Your right it is a lot cheaper then the theatre which means you can get to watch more plays theen you would otherwise. Our local Odeon do quite a lot of NT productions and a few Opera. We went to see the Alan Bennett one at the Dome in Worthing which is a lovely old theatre with a screen put at the front so it felt like we were almost at the theatre.
I read a book earlier which claimed that Vlad The Impaler wanted to eradicate the poor in his homeland, so he invited all the poor people to a massive banquet.

And then burned down the banqueting hall.

I'm just saying... be very careful at these screenings of Theatre Plays in cinemas. There could be a reason they are luring people into cinemas, to weed out the cheapies.

I read a book earlier which claimed that Vlad The Impaler wanted to eradicate the poor in his homeland, so he invited all the poor people to a massive banquet.

And then burned down the banqueting hall.

I'm just saying... be very careful at these screenings of Theatre Plays in cinemas. There could be a reason they are luring people into cinemas, to weed out the cheapies.

One of the reason the theatre is so expensive these days is because of all the extra security in place these days, I guess the terror threat and all that.

Saw come from away last night. I am not into musicals but this was really good and uplifting. About the planes that were diverted after 9/11 and had to land in new foundland. How the locals took people into their homes.

Came out the theatre with a bit of a bounce in our steps. Nice way to spend a couple of hours.

Saw this a few weeks back and also thought it was really good, been recommending it to everyone :D
Also saw Hamilton for the 3rd time the other day, and Book of Mormon for the 4th time. Have tickets to see Dear Evan Hansen later in the year, which is getting good reviews, and a couple of others that I can't quite remember at the moment.

Saw this a few weeks back and also thought it was really good, been recommending it to everyone :D
Also saw Hamilton for the 3rd time the other day, and Book of Mormon for the 4th time. Have tickets to see Dear Evan Hansen later in the year, which is getting good reviews, and a couple of others that I can't quite remember at the moment.

I am not that keen on even going to see Hamilton or Book of Mormon, my sister has seen both and loved them, so that was enough for me to decide against them. A young friend of mine who has been going through a bit of a bad time wanted to see Hamilton, I was going to get tickets and take her just as something nice for someone else. But I have seen the price and decided against it, disgusting that they can even charge that and I dont agree with it.

I am not that keen on even going to see Hamilton or Book of Mormon, my sister has seen both and loved them, so that was enough for me to decide against them. A young friend of mine who has been going through a bit of a bad time wanted to see Hamilton, I was going to get tickets and take her just as something nice for someone else. But I have seen the price and decided against it, disgusting that they can even charge that and I dont agree with it.
Book of Mormon is outstanding

So we saw the Death of A Salesman the other week. Wendell Pierce was absolutely amazing, give such an honest performance of a man on the edge and losing his mind. As someone who has struggled with mental health issues I felt he was very convincing. The way all the actors responded to the standing ovation and the fact that we were the for the previews was really touching because a few had tears in their eyes when they took their ovations.

It is transferring to the west end and worth a trip if you want to see top notching acting and a play that will make you think about your relationships and it never being to late to tell people you love them.

Going to see the entertainer at the theatre Royal tonight and then up to the Old Vic Saturday for something the wife booked.

Hopefully get some inspiration for my own play because I'm stuck a bit.

Back