• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

I’ve already told everyone we have £0 to spend thanks to covid and our owners zero tolerance approach to him investing his own money in the team.

Traore is agreed but wont go through unless we can sell someone like dele to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Forget us signing a striker wont happen unless more deadwood go and in doing so raises significant money.

I can't completely agree with selling either but there is a sound philosophy out there amongst wise sports executives that 'it is better to move a player a year too soon than a year too late.'

If you are self financing it is the only way to do it. The day will come and soon when they need to be replaced. Would rather have more money to do it.

If you are self financing it is the only way to do it. The day will come and soon when they need to be replaced. Would rather have more money to do it.

I get your argument totally. Buy them young, sell at their peak and reinvest.

Just not for kane or son. They are our only 2 world class players. We also (after covid) will have money coming in. Just think they are worth more to the club than anyone will spend on them. Especially son, with the asian market.

One thing is as clear as day, Bergwijn is categorically not a centre forward. It was men against boys in the Chelsea match.

This is the truth and the model this club should be following. We won't deficit spend which is fine as a model but then you still need to find an edge. The obvious way would be smart use of the market and to player trade with a specific target in mind, alas we don't do this either. So we have a ownership that won't spend with any degree of risk, but also won't buy and sell at the most opportune times. It leaves us with the squad we have now.

You can sell pretty much any player, it's about who you replace them with that's our stumbling block. I've always found it bewildering why we aren't using the market in the way the Likes of Athletico, Sevilla, Lyon, Leicester or hell even Brentford are these days. It's as if we want to act like the big clubs and big spenders but we don't actually operate that way. A very strange policy.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

This is the truth and the model this club should be following. We won't deficit spend which is fine as a model but then you still need to find an edge. The obvious way would be smart use of the market and to player trade with a specific target in mind, alas we don't do this either. So we have a ownership that won't spend with any degree of risk, but also won't buy and sell at the most opportune times. It leaves us with the squad we have now.

You can sell pretty much any player, it's about who you replace them with that's our stumbling block. I've always found it bewildering why we aren't using the market in the way the Likes of Athletico, Sevilla, Lyon, Leicester or hell even Brentford are these days. It's as if we want to act like the big clubs and big spenders but we don't actually operate that way. A very strange policy.

Totally agree, I have been calling for the Dortmund model or moneyball before I had even heard the term.

Each cycle you progress and get better, after 10 to 15 years I could see a scenario where even Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea could be within reach on equal terms.

Azmoun gone to bayer on a free
That was another option we should have looked at IMO

I agree, but too many political considerations involved with bringing an Iranian player to the PL, imo. Particularly for us as a club proud of our roots in the Jewish community - it just had too many potential PR downsides.

Right now, Andrea Belotti is out of contract in six months and Torino are asking for 5m-10m for him.

He's a big battering ram who can hold the ball up and bring others into play - go for him.

I agree, but too many political considerations involved with bringing an Iranian player to the PL, imo. Particularly for us as a club proud of our roots in the Jewish community - it just had too many potential PR downsides.

Right now, Andrea Belotti is out of contract in six months and Torino are asking for 5m-10m for him.

He's a big battering ram who can hold the ball up and bring others into play - go for him.
I’m a BIG fan of bellotti
He was my call for a signing in the summer
I’d love him now

So you would have sold kane for £100m this summer?

Back