• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The case for the defence

Look to me like Bayern targeted our CBS first half by going over the top of them
Bayern had so much space to play the ball into, especially after 30 minutes when our pressing ran out of steam plus full backs pushed up to chase the game despite having no cover.

3DB0BCEB-4D6B-4105-9964-51146C8439D4.png

I think Jan should get one But not Alderweireld

My thoughts as well, Jan still has a couple more years at the top ( imo) but we need to bring in a good LB ( if he is not going to play Davies more often) because playing next to Rose must give him nightmares.

It's a nice collection of data but I'd say only Rose can be judged by it as he's played most of our fixtures at LB. Feels like too small a sample for Aurier and KWP to be judged on though.

Dont mind that at all - forward thinking. But would still have the experience of Verts there, we need that and his displays havent been of concern.....

Yeah, we simply need to play people who want to play and give their all for the shirt and the manager. I feel bad for him, but I do hope we've seen the last of Wanyama as well, why he's been involved now and then just puzzles me when he's clearly beyond his peak and was very close to leaving.

Tottenham Hotspur supremo Daniel Levy has been keen for Mauricio Pochettino to get more out of centre-back Davinson Sanchez.

Spurs paid Ajax a big transfer fee of £42m to land the highly rated Colombia international centre-back in the summer of 2017.

However, mistakes made by Sanchez have seen Pochettino turn to Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld as more trusted options in the heart of the Tottenham defence.

Pochettino picked Alderweireld and Vertonghen as his centre-back pairing in last season's Champions League final, in another sign of where he sees Sanchez in the pecking order.

Spurs forked out a substantial sum to sign Sanchez though and, according to The Athletic, Levy has been keen for Pochettino to get more out of the Colombian.

With Tottenham struggling for form this season and leaking goals it remains to be seen if Pochettino will feel able to hand Sanchez starts in the coming games.

Tottenham went into the international break of the back of a heavy 3-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion.

They are next in action at home against Watford on 19th October before a Champions League clash at home against Red Star Belgrade.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/10...more-out-of-this-player/440139/#ixzz623IcbgaT

Tottenham Hotspur supremo Daniel Levy has been keen for Mauricio Pochettino to get more out of centre-back Davinson Sanchez.

Spurs paid Ajax a big transfer fee of £42m to land the highly rated Colombia international centre-back in the summer of 2017.

However, mistakes made by Sanchez have seen Pochettino turn to Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld as more trusted options in the heart of the Tottenham defence.

Pochettino picked Alderweireld and Vertonghen as his centre-back pairing in last season's Champions League final, in another sign of where he sees Sanchez in the pecking order.

Spurs forked out a substantial sum to sign Sanchez though and, according to The Athletic, Levy has been keen for Pochettino to get more out of the Colombian.

With Tottenham struggling for form this season and leaking goals it remains to be seen if Pochettino will feel able to hand Sanchez starts in the coming games.

Tottenham went into the international break of the back of a heavy 3-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion.

They are next in action at home against Watford on 19th October before a Champions League clash at home against Red Star Belgrade.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/10...more-out-of-this-player/440139/#ixzz623IcbgaT
Hopefully this is just made up nonsense. I would both hope and assume that Levy doesn't get involved at all in matters relating to selection of the team.

Hopefully this is just made up nonsense. I would both hope and assume that Levy doesn't get involved at all in matters relating to selection of the team.

The Athletic is a subscription site. Not saying that means its more reliable, only that I cant see what context it is framed in.

While I agree I dont think the chairman should be trying to pick the team etc, can we really argue with him saying

"Hey, Mauricio, remember than defender you wanted - the one I paid £42m for. Why is it he isnt playing, while Toby is playing? Even though Toby is off and playing like a donkey?"

The Athletic is a subscription site. Not saying that means its more reliable, only that I cant see what context it is framed in.

While I agree I dont think the chairman should be trying to pick the team etc, can we really argue with him saying

"Hey, Mauricio, remember than defender you wanted - the one I paid £42m for. Why is it he isnt playing, while Toby is playing? Even though Toby is off and playing like a donkey?"
A response such as "Come and watch training every day Daniel and then maybe you'll see" would be fitting....

Dont mind that at all - forward thinking. But would still have the experience of Verts there, we need that and his displays havent been of concern.....

So would i, Jan has struggled to be at his best but as i have said before having Rose on one side of him ( he been poor for a long time now) and Toby on the other side ( legs have gone and is getting caught out of position) he has spent most of the season covering their mistakes.

A response such as "Come and watch training every day Daniel and then maybe you'll see" would be fitting....

Maybe? If appropriate. I mean, none of us actually know why do we?

Does raise an interesting point though. Where should the line be drawn between chairman and manager?
What topics are out of bounds?
Why shouldn't a chairman ask about these things?

Should we do a prediction to see what our defence will be at the start of next season?

I think if you were to play for example a flat back 4. The is no one there I would want as first choice and only W-P Sanchez and Davies even in the squad.

Should we do a prediction to see what our defence will be at the start of next season?

I think if you were to play for example a flat back 4. The is no one there I would want as first choice and only W-P Sanchez and Davies even in the squad.

Lloris
NS Sanchez NS NS
NS

Ndombele Lo Celso
Alli
Kane Son
NS = New Signing

I know you said defense but i included DM and as i was that far in i thought I'd include the rest of the side.

Could see Sessegnon as a potential LB.

i think we'll ship out Aurier and KWP at RB, would like to see Atal and Aarons bought in (only going on what ive read of them)

No idea on LCB or DM but i know we are lacking in options in the squad atm even before our current options move on

Last edited:
Lloris
NS Sanchez NS NS
NS

Ndombele Lo Celso
Alli
Kane Son
NS = New Signing

I know you said defense but i included DM and as i was that far in i thought I'd include the rest of the side.

Could see Sessegnon as a potential LB.

i think we'll ship out Aurier and KWP at RB, would like to see Atal and Aarons bought in (only going on what ive read of them)

No idea on LCB or DM but i know we are lacking in options in the squad atm even before our current options move on

Not likely unless we made most of those new signings at January.

- Agree, Sanchez is our lead CB. I'd be surprised if we don't give one of Jan (likely) or Toby an extra year just as backup.
- Don't see Foyth or Davies going, they will be in squad, hopefully as will Tangaga

If we bought those 4, the only starters would likely be the RB and DM, the other two will likely have to work into side (fudge, if we have Poch still, they need 2 years)

I think we are still thinking of a Poch system, and argument could be made for 5 at back with no DM and use more of our attacking players.

Dele is another question mark for me, another few months of poor form and his role has to go to Lucas, again I'd suspect another manager would try a front 3 with the options we have.

I think we need to find a way to free N'Dombele to do what he does best, which imo is get a DM in and play another CM alongside him. Dele and GLC both can play with him, so could Winks I guess, but the DM in front of the CB's is key.

Sanchez has to be given minutes this season so he can step up next year. If we don't use this failed season as one to blood potential starters then it's been a wasted experience.

Not likely unless we made most of those new signings at January.

- Agree, Sanchez is our lead CB. I'd be surprised if we don't give one of Jan (likely) or Toby an extra year just as backup.
- Don't see Foyth or Davies going, they will be in squad, hopefully as will Tangaga

If we bought those 4, the only starters would likely be the RB and DM, the other two will likely have to work into side (fudge, if we have Poch still, they need 2 years)

I think we are still thinking of a Poch system, and argument could be made for 5 at back with no DM and use more of our attacking players.

Dele is another question mark for me, another few months of poor form and his role has to go to Lucas, again I'd suspect another manager would try a front 3 with the options we have.

I don't see Foyth or Davies leaving either and hope that Vertonghen can seperate himself from the clique and remain loyal to the club, happy for him to stay with a new contract and committal to the cause. Davies is a good foil for a more attacking LB which is why i think there's potential for Sess to be that man long term with Davies staying. I think RBs are defo a job lot change, Aurier is a liability and doesn't show half the promise Walker did at a much younger age and it's just not going to happen for KWP, frankly i think he seems a bit too weak of personality to make it as a top level pro - hope im wrong as he seems a nice lad but yeah a little too nice if you know what i mean, should have been loaned to develop that side of his character.

Lucas will never be a first XI player for Spurs if we're to challenge at the top, certainly not at the expense of Alli, he's just not good enough and is too one dimensional, he's an impact player off the bench at best for me.

I think we'll move towards a 433 of sorts that i outlined in my previous post but with Lo Celso and Ndombele given plenty of license to get forward supported by a new DM/supporting midfielder and attacking full backs

I don't see Foyth or Davies leaving either and hope that Vertonghen can seperate himself from the clique and remain loyal to the club, happy for him to stay with a new contract and committal to the cause. Davies is a good foil for a more attacking LB which is why i think there's potential for Sess to be that man long term with Davies staying. I think RBs are defo a job lot change, Aurier is a liability and doesn't show half the promise Walker did at a much younger age and it's just not going to happen for KWP, frankly i think he seems a bit too weak of personality to make it as a top level pro - hope im wrong as he seems a nice lad but yeah a little too nice if you know what i mean, should have been loaned to develop that side of his character.

Lucas will never be a first XI player for Spurs if we're to challenge at the top, certainly not at the expense of Alli, he's just not good enough and is too one dimensional, he's an impact player off the bench at best for me.

I think we'll move towards a 433 of sorts that i outlined in my previous post but with Lo Celso and Ndombele given plenty of license to get forward supported by a new DM/supporting midfielder and attacking full backs

Not much to disagree with, just wouldn't see us start the season with 5 new in lineup (a couple months in .. sure)

For me -> Eriksen, Toby, Rose, Aurier, KWP, Skipp, Wanyama are gone
Dele has a lot to do to prove his worth in the team (especially if we go a 4-3-3 or something where the FBs aren't as forward, a luxury AM is hard to justify unless the output is very good)
Lucas is interesting, I don't see him playing every game but I find it crazy frustrating we haven't ever really tried a counter attack setup with him/Son/Kane hitting on the break (against sides that pressure us)
Lamela, Winks, Sissoko, Troy, Tangaga, Gazza are all good squad options, I really hope the next manager fits in younger players more often (seriously if we can afford to play Dele, Eriksen and Rose in the same fudging squad, all out of form, find it hard to say we couldn't include one youth player in the odd game against weaker opposition)

I actually voted for Chavinson Danchev as MoM against Everton... I want him to be good... then I watched the highlights and saw him foul Tosun for what should have been a penalty, and completely lose Tosun for the goal... poor to try and lift a foot to a ball that Tosun is heading in at about 6 foot high.

Back