• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The case for the defence

Simple maths here then
Dusan fee £64m
Agents fee £14m
Wages gross €63m (they quote nett figures In Italy so you have to add tax on and he wanted £250k a week) so roughly £55m
So total of £133m with half paid up front

We have agreed to pay £14m for Bentacur and an £8.3m loan fee for Dejan spread over two season
Plus potential extras if we meet criteria like champions league (more income) of upto £29 more
So that’s roughly £51.3m payable over the next 5 years or £10m a year
And their wages are reported to be £80k a week or more (Bentacur) and a domaine figure for Kulevski is reasonable
But let’s call it £100k a week… that’s gross over here so that’s roughly £10m a season for the pair
So for round numbers we will spend £100m assuming we do really well. That’s over 5 years from 2 young players.

So again… how have we paid for the transfer?
Remember their paying the fee upfront (the chairman was clear on that publicly)
And we’re paying… best case £10m a year to Juve
The £250k Vlahovic was quoted as wanting was when linked with PL teams so is probably his gross demand.

I know your intentions are good but surely you can see that Juve didn't let those players go because they were first 11. Paratici and others turned Juventus into a just top half team after Marotta left, and we bought their reserves. He recently signed Arthur for £64m FFS.
As for Conte wanting the two in the last 2 days of the transfer window, of course he did. We have nobody at RW, Moura which came off the bench in recent years is the only player we had, he was the be all and ended all at RW this year. As for the CM, Winks was starting for us on a regular basis, a guy that wouldn't make the first 11 at the bottom PL team. Conte would have literally taken anybody. When he says we are far behind top teams, this is the kind of shet he is talking about. When he talks about past transfer mistakes, he doesn't only talk about previous years. He talks all of Paratici's dumb and overpriced transfers except Romero, which Conte specifically asked to be permanent for 50m.
Stop defending sub par players. If Kane, Son, Lloris, Reguilon and Romero were not part of the team, we would be in relegation territory. The gulf and class between our top players and the others have made embarrassing defeats such as 3-0 at Zagreb and the loss to Mura possible.
He bought Arthur from Barcelona for £64m while selling them Pjanic for a similar amount…. Ignore the transfer fee, it simply allowed two clubs to swap high wage players they didn’t want for large fees so that both clubs could meet FFP regulations, as incoming profits are booked in one go while transfer fees paid for players are amortized over the length of the contract.

That was actually a very clever piece of work from both club’s DoFs

He bought Arthur from Barcelona for £64m while selling them Pjanic for a similar amount…. Ignore the transfer fee, it simply allowed two clubs to swap high wage players they didn’t want for large fees so that both clubs could meet FFP regulations, as incoming profits are booked in one go while transfer fees paid for players are amortized over the length of the contract.

That was actually a very clever piece of work from both club’s DoFs
Aaa yes, his famous swaps. Only gems. 25yo Cancelo for 28yo Danilo. How is that going?

Aaa yes, his famous swaps. Only gems. 25yo Cancelo for 28yo Danilo. How is that going?
Maybe look at the Juve fan boards for what they thought about that deal at the time.. they thought they had the better deal and better player
Which of course we all now know in hindsight is typical arrogance

I've just watched the first 10 seconds of the highlights about 30 times in a row, to see what each player was up to.

For some reason the video goes mega blurry in 1080p but looks OK in 720.

Kane is strangely deep, on the edge of our box, Moura close to him.

[[[EDIT from the longer Wolves highlights I realise we just defended a corner, hence Kane and Moura being deep. So the real mystery is why Winks gesticulates for someone else to get Neves as Winks knows for a fact nobody else is near Neves]]]

Winks has Neves but then instinctively drops deep and then gestures for someone else to get Neves, but in those 2 seconds we get a major problem. Kane and Moura are deep, Winks should have got Neves. He gestures at Son and Son is like WTF dude?
Meanwhile Bentancur ambles around and lets 2 players run off him, then skips a little, assuming Lloris will save it, then reacts and tries to close down Jimenez.

If Winks had stuck with Neves, and if Bentancur had assumed he should go and defend the box, we could have rescued it.

So for me it is Lloris, Winks and Bentancur most at fault, and confusion why Kane/Moura were being defenders.

Last edited:
Then I watched the Dendoncker goal again.
Huge mistakes from Lloris and Davies to gift the ball to Wolves.

Then (unlike the first goal) Bentancur and Winks chaaaarge back to save the day and Sanchez's block comes back off Bentancur and Wolves get a tap in.

If Lloris acts like a goalkeeper of even national league south level then this picture wouldn’t even be discussed. It’s 100% keeper error, for both shots. The defenders reactions are poor but had Lloris caught the 2nd shot, like my Gran could have done, then we’d have been all set for a decent counter attack!

If Lloris acts like a goalkeeper of even national league south level then this picture wouldn’t even be discussed. It’s 100% keeper error, for both shots. The defenders reactions are poor but had Lloris caught the 2nd shot, like my Gran could have done, then we’d have been all set for a decent counter attack!

Bingo.

Several mistakes in each I think. Any one of them is left unpublished wouldn't get much attention. Bit of coincidence in it too of course. But we also need to weed out these mistakes, seems to be more of them creeping recently after we looked fairly solid.

Back