• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Badger's Hole (ITK Thread)

I'd be more angry than happy if he was sold.

Siggy's right peg is one of the best in the league, so what if he doesn't have pace his touch, passing, immaculate crossing and shooting more than makes up for any 'lack in pace'

Last edited:
ryantegan on SC:

I know some fans won't like this but I hear we rejected a bid for siggy in the week

I think Siggy is definitely the weakest link of our 11 midfielders (though I certainly don't mind him/not rate him). I would be happy to let him go if we were replacing him with a genuine left-side inside forward.

I do get the feeling though that Siggy is a player Sherwood is personally bound to (signed by the notorious committee as AVB was arriving), whereas Holtby and Capoue were very much AVB players.

I think Siggy is definitely the weakest link of our 11 midfielders (though I certainly don't mind him/not rate him). I would be happy to let him go if we were replacing him with a genuine left-side inside forward.

I do get the feeling though that Siggy is a player Sherwood is personally bound to (signed by the notorious committee as AVB was arriving), whereas Holtby and Capoue were very much AVB players.

Well according to a verrrry trusted source.....you would be wrong there.

Are you aware you're pretty much the only person who makes this alleged committee 'notorious' by your constant blabberings about it. I'm yet to see anything to indicate it even exists

I'd be more angry than happy if he was sold.

Siggy's right peg is one of the best in the league, so what if he doesn't have pace his touch, passing, immaculate crossing and shooting more than makes up for any 'lack in pace'

I agree his passing is good but his touch is marginally better that Defoe's and when he plays on the left he slows the game down and I lost count of the number of times from that position we end up with the ball with Dawson.

Is Siggy yet another would-be #10? In which case we have about 1000 of them, and Siggy probably isn't in the top 2.

I'm reading this second hand from Twitter (like everyone I got banned from COYS, where it was posted, decades ago), but apparently the latest is we've made an enquiry for Cashley (which was clearly rebuffed).

Desperate times…

I'm reading this second hand from Twitter (like everyone I got banned from COYS, where it was posted, decades ago), but apparently the latest is we've made an enquiry for Cashley (which was clearly rebuffed).

Desperate times…

Why desperate?

My understanding was that "the committee" was in place throughout AVB's tenure and is still in place now (although obviously minus AVB now).

Has been, at a club that won't do business with us, and who the fans will never accept.

It just shows how little imagination we have with transfers if this is what it has come to. A very Redknapp-esque move.

To be fair, Sherwood is in a bind there…he knows that without top 4 this season he is most likely offski. He needs players like a left-back. he cannot afford bedding in time/nurturing, so he will look for Arry style cheapos at the death. It's a bizarre state of affairs all round...

To be fair, Sherwood is in a bind there…he knows that without top 4 this season he is most likely offski. He needs players like a left-back. he cannot afford bedding in time/nurturing, so he will look for Arry style cheapos at the death. It's a bizarre state of affairs all round...

What makes you think Sherwood is off if he doesn't make 4th? That's a pretty tough task for someone who came in mid-season to take over a team struggling with scoring goals (and suddenly conceding too many). He was given a 1 1/2 year contract for a reason, no? I think as long as we play well for the rest of the season he'll be judged by the merits of what he achieved with the team. If we get 5th just behind Liverpool (or whoever else), I'd say that's a pretty good feat for someone having taken over the team at a critical time just before the x-mas period. But time will tell.

Jay (ryantegan) ‏@ryantegan 2m
working on 2 in and 2 out. But probably too late for the ins. would be typical. "We tried but..."

Jay (ryantegan) ‏@ryantegan 22m
Capoue may not move on a permanent. Could be a LOAN if things are left too late

Jay (ryantegan) ‏@ryantegan 2m
working on 2 in and 2 out. But probably too late for the ins. would be typical. "We tried but..."

Jay (ryantegan) ‏@ryantegan 22m
Capoue may not move on a permanent. Could be a LOAN if things are left too late

The "We tried but..." excuse just doesn't wash. You have months to prepare for a transfer window and 31 days to complete the deal. Plenty of time if you're not going to dingdong about.

I love the guy but I don´t see him progressing to anything greater than we have seen

Sell him and Holtby, bring Lamela into the no 10 spot.

The "We tried but..." excuse just doesn't wash. You have months to prepare for a transfer window and 31 days to complete the deal. Plenty of time if you're not going to dingdong about.

It's been a very quiet window for everyone mainly because of the world cup. We can hardly blame that on Levy.

Back