• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Definite penalties

In the first one, he swings as hard as he can and kicks the top of his foot - that would hurt like a mother facker

In the second one, he moves his arm to the ball, it is handball

Another victory for VAR, the right decisions were made, which were very hard to see in real time

VAR is going to RUIN games next season, brace yourself for the sharp intake of breath when you have to wait to celebrate whilst the video ref reviews if the build up 50 yards away was an infringement or if your striker's toe was in an offside position. I'm a betting man and I'll be betting Under in goals next season because a lot of goals are going to be disallowed, not withstanding the greater controversy this will bring up.

Real were going down big time and I believe the officials where taking extra care crossing the t’s and dotting the I’s as it was Real.
But 4 min is far too long!

They got it right though;)

Ajax gave Real a bit of football lesson.
It was so far back though, so much passage of play .. How far do they go and will it be consistent

Never intentional handball, the arm was out before the ball was kicked.

The problem wasn’t VAR it was a referee not understanding the laws.

So even with VAR the mistakes are still happening. Its my favourite buttplug even you can see that.

No, what the panel needs is someone who knows the definition of intentional.
Loads of other countries have different interpretation on hand ball than the UK - they are a lot more strict on Ball to hand and pretty much disregard intent, its why Foreign defenders tend to defend with their hands behind their back. This is probably a decision "lost in translation" rather than incorrect.

* see also challenging with the keeper - most other counties are a lot more strict than the UK.

No, what the panel needs is someone who knows the definition of intentional.

They are apparently looking into this atm.

I think they may just settle on the European way, that is if hits your arm it’s a handball!
Lineker was saying similar last night.

They are apparently looking into this atm.

I think they may just settle on the European way, that is if hits your arm it’s a handball!
Lineker was saying similar last night.
IFAB have given new rules that address this -

"Deliberate handball remains an offence," IFAB Technical Director David Elleray told the BBC.

"In the past, we've managed to improve the laws by focusing on the outcome rather than intent.

"What we are looking at particularly in attacking situations is where the player gets a clear unfair advantage by gaining possession or control of the ball, as a result of it making contact with their hand or arm."

"We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette," said Elleray. "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball.

"Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."

IFAB have given new rules that address this -

"Deliberate handball remains an offence," IFAB Technical Director David Elleray told the BBC.

"In the past, we've managed to improve the laws by focusing on the outcome rather than intent.

"What we are looking at particularly in attacking situations is where the player gets a clear unfair advantage by gaining possession or control of the ball, as a result of it making contact with their hand or arm."

"We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette," said Elleray. "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball.

"Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."
So last nights still shouldn’t/wouldn’t have been a penalty even with next seasons rules, the arms were in the natural silhouette of the body and didn’t move towards the ball.

So even with VAR the mistakes are still happening. Its my favourite buttplug even you can see that.

It’s always my favourite buttplug when an officiating mistake is made, we need VAR because all the refs are crap and more eyes and a second/third/fourth look will make for fewer errors.

If VAR wasn’t being developed there would still be outrage about these decisions and the anger would be greater if the authorities were burying their heads in the sand and ignoring it.

Last edited:
Back