• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Fair enough. Lovren was acting the clam all game, I wouldnt be surprised if the assumption was the same from them (not saying thats right).

I still saw little in it.
Wouldn't argue about, he's an horrible little bugger but that should not come into it. Regardless, are you just sticking to your guns or does that remain your opinion having rewatched it closely like I suggested?

Wouldn't argue about, he's an horrible little bugger but that should not come into it. Regardless, are you just sticking to your guns regardless or does that remain your opinion having rewatched it closely like I suggested?

I havent rewatched it, Im at work.

At the time I saw little to it, and on the replays at the time never got the sense we got away with anything. Was a bit of a non-event to me.

You see it differently, thats fine, but if all there is is one incident in a game that VAR supposedly got wrong then Im not sure the argument against is exactly strong.

They both went for the ball, it wasnt especially high - Walker was really stooping - so I didnt have an issue. Its not like Walker had a clear header high up and Perisic tried to take his head off.
You don't have to try and take someone's head off to be penalised for dangerous play. Yes Walker stooped but Perisic's boot ended up above his head so even if he had not stooped it would still have been dangerously high.

You don't have to try and take someone's head off to be penalised for dangerous play. Yes Walker stooped but Perisic's boot ended up above his head so even if he had not stooped it would still have been dangerously high.

That doesn't make any sense, the players need to high in relation to the, not someone else's head. Lie on ground the opponents foot is higher than your head, so a foul.
Was never pen for lovren either, he tried to run with maguire and go down to make it look like he was impeded.
Other than not booking lovren early the ref had a good game in imo.

Thought it was a high boot / Dangerous play personally, but certainly wasn’t a clear and obvious error, it was debatable so not in VAR’s remit.

VAR i really hope it goes the way of the dodo, all that money spent on it and all the extra bodys who are sat in judgement ( and they still get it wrong) what's the point.

The offside calls were undoubtedly hits, the rest of it I’m not sure brought much benefit to the game and seemed to actually create more arguing.

Lets be brutal here VAR has been totally hit and miss
Its proved both sides right that will be a problem

- those who favour it will point to the ones it got right, improved accuracy and the fact it became less intrusive
- those who do not favour it will point to the fudge ups, the ones they missed and the fact they appeared to ditch it later in the tournament.

Both sides are entrenched now - I know I have had my opinions reaffirmed, what it brings do not outweigh what it takes away.

Last edited:
Back