• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Becuase VAR don't deal with yellows, or even second yellows leading to a red, only direct reds.
You don't need VAR for that. Stewie Wonder could see that's a yellow card. It's so blatant it was possible to see it from the international space station!

Becuase VAR don't deal with yellows, or even second yellows leading to a red, only direct reds.

Yes, and it only underlines the failure of VAR - that's a massive blunder by the ref in a potential game changing situation, and yet VAR isn't allowed to intervene?

Yes, and it only underlines the failure of VAR - that's a massive blunder by the ref in a potential game changing situation, and yet VAR isn't allowed to intervene?

And on my travels i hear more and more match traveling fans coming to that conclusion.

At last night's United/Villa game, the nincompoops at Stockley Park spent three and a half minutes reviewing a Villa goal but still could not decide whether or not it should be allowed to stand. So much for clear and obvious.

Imo the VAR should be allowed 60 seconds max to review. If they still cannot decide after that, for offsides give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking side, for all other cases the ref's decision stands.

The biggest failure of VAR is losing sight of the clear and obvious approach. For most cases they shouldn't need to look at any particular camera more than once. If its not clearly offside then its not offside. Going with the refs original decision is good on principle, but some seem to leave it to VAR to avoid difficult choices. This would have to change if clear and obvious was enforced.

the Cavan incident last night should have been ruled a United FK before requiring VAR, the villa player was offside, he was actively affecting Cavani's ability to defend the cross

it was a clear obstruction too, he wasn't even facing play

For me, and apologies if this has already been brought up, the worst thing about VAR is that it takes away the spontaneity of celebrating a goal because in the back if your mind there is always a chance it's going to be disallowed. Beforehand, you could have a quick glance at the lino and if he was haring back to the halfway line, you knew all was OK

For me, and apologies if this has already been brought up, the worst thing about VAR is that it takes away the spontaneity of celebrating a goal because in the back if your mind there is always a chance it's going to be disallowed. Beforehand, you could have a quick glance at the lino and if he was haring back to the halfway line, you knew all was OK

It’s a price I’m more than willing to pay to not have incidents like the Mendes goal, or that time that Verts scored only to have the assistant flag him for offside in his own half

I still think about that every day

it’s too important to be left to one view, what happened should always overrule what people thought happened

It’s a price I’m more than willing to pay to not have incidents like the Mendes goal, or that time that Verts scored only to have the assistant flag him for offside in his own half

I still think about that every day

it’s too important to be left to one view, what happened should always overrule what people thought happened

I’d agree but it’s now almost every goal is questionable and looked at - almost to see if there’s a reason to disallow it rather than to spot a clear and obvious error ie the mendes goal, which would be sorted by goal line technology anyway

last night was a great advert for VAR, could have been a very different result had errors not been corrected
Annoying but it was used fairly and correctly
One thing though, when Rudiger fouled PEH did he get a yellow as he was last man and PEH was in a goal scoring position so really could have been sent off

One thing though, when The Boy Who Cried Racist fouled PEH did he get a yellow as he was last man and PEH was in a goal scoring position so really could have been sent off

Agreed, the referee fudged up there.

I’d agree but it’s now almost every goal is questionable and looked at - almost to see if there’s a reason to disallow it rather than to spot a clear and obvious error ie the mendes goal, which would be sorted by goal line technology anyway
That's what passed through my mind when the Hojbjerg pen was overruled against Cheatski. There were three phases to the foul by TBWCR, but the VAR paused the video replay just before the one inside the box that finally sent PEH sprawling. I could be wrong but it seemed the ref had initially allowed play to go on until that last phase before whistling because he wanted to make sure PEH had properly lost control of the ball. Then when the VAR suggested he go and look at the replay he felt under pressure to change his mind.

One thing though, when The Boy Who Cried Racist fouled PEH did he get a yellow as he was last man and PEH was in a goal scoring position so really could have been sent off

Agreed, the referee fudged up there.
Did PEH trip on his own feet? If so, no foul. If not, I think the contact that sent him sprawling was in the box. Initial contact was outside.

Back