• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

These continuing roosterups have little to do with VAR and are firmly at the door of the PGMOL who are getting more incompetent by the day. But let us be clear it has fudge all to with VAR as a piece of software. Not perfect though and will always require refinements and tweaking as in cricket.

These continuing roosterups have little to do with VAR and are firmly at the door of the PGMOL who are getting more incompetent by the day. But let us be clear it has fudge all to with VAR as a piece of software. Not perfect though and will always require refinements and tweaking as in cricket.

Excuse after excuse for Varse.

Excuse after excuse for Varse.

Exactly, there are massive flaws in VAR

- Technically I don't believe the "draw a line" brick in offside calls is accurate or compensates for camera angle
- The convenient "VAR did not opt to look at the incident" (e.g. blatant Allison handball outside the box against us) is a disaster. There is only two ways VAR could/should work, either they review everything or the team captain gets the option to ask for review (open for interpretation leaves it in very suspicious territory)
- The flimflam about not referring to ref, fudging simple, foul on Lo Celso is perfect example, if in some case of instant cataracts, how the fudge would you not at least tell tell the ref, "hey, you might have missed the guy putting his fudging pegs in the players face"

But the biggest flaw in VAR is accountability/improvement plan

- Lo Celso foul is a blatant fudge up, so was the red they reversed against West Ham

Statement/acknowledgement of error? is the ref involved going to do an incident review? is there a plan that this wouldn't happen again?

What a fudging disgrace Varse is, ruining the game. If all the big wigs that run football want to improve the game the first thing they need to do is bin it.

All football fans wanted was a video referee that could rule out those glaringly obvious errors only visible on TV replays. It was the simplest of solutions, readily available at the turn of the century. It could be inplemented in two hours for top flight football.

Twenty years later this was what they came up with. Shows just how detached from the average fans the governing bodies of football really are.

What on earth happened to the idea that if you are level you are not offside? I have no faith in VARs ability to decide with such a high degree of precision, where the players were, when the ball was played.

I think they are using it to check offsides, goals etc but leaving the rest up to the Ref unless its an obvious mistake (please read the last few words with sarcasm at max)

It's a start to getting back to reality i guess, would be far better to scrap it but i suppose s ome would lose money if that was the case.

I did like that that Euros seemed to have more of a ‘play on’ attitude to contact. I see my 8 year old elaborating on any foul he receives and it’s disheartening. Not only does it encourage simulation but it also interrupts the flow of the game.

I have felt for a while that the referees pool should be wider than the UK too. If the best players in the world come to the Prem I think it would make sense to do the same for officials, potentially adding more neutrality to proceedings too. There’s certainly enough money in the league to offer them the financial incentive to come.

I have felt for a while that the referees pool should be wider than the UK too. If the best players in the world come to the Prem I think it would make sense to do the same for officials, potentially adding more neutrality to proceedings too. There’s certainly enough money in the league to offer them the financial incentive to come.

agreed

Back