• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Its early days, it’s an inevitable phase of the development cycle.

Maybe so but I argued last year that you should not really bring it in at the top level in the development stage, surely you run test games in under 23s or womens game, not in the Prem.

Maybe so but I argued last year that you should not really bring it in at the top level in the development stage, surely you run test games in under 23s or womens game, not in the Prem.

It’s typical to not test in production yes, but elite football is the only place where the money and the infrastructure is there to support it.

To be fair to FIFA they did initially roll it out in a minor competition, in 2018, where it was a massive success.

Local authorities have to take the blame or the credit now.

It’s typical to not test in production yes, but elite football is the only place where the money and the infrastructure is there to support it.

To be fair to FIFA they did initially roll it out in a minor competition, in 2018, where it was a massive success.

Local authorities have to take the blame or the credit now.

Loads of questionable penalties in the WC when players got smart to idea if you leave your leg trailing its contact and by letter of law a pen.

TBH Im at a point I dont care why its failing, its not the fans responsibility to care or get it right, either sort it or get rid regardless.

Loads of questionable pelanties in the WC when players got smart to idea if you leave your leg trailing its contact and by letter of law a pen.

TBH Im at a point I dont care why its failing, its not the fans responsibility to care or get it right, either sort it or get rid regardless.

Those penalties are not questionable if its a pen by letter of the law.

It's getting sorted, its just taking time.

Those pelanties are not questionable if its a pen by letter of the law.

It's getting sorted, its just taking time.

Not the game though is it if a player goes past a player and decides to throw his leg back and hook the defender for a pen rather than the other way round? If your quoting the rules rather than protecting the defending part of the game then I find that strange TBH.

Then till it is people have a right to moan about it.

Thought the pen in the Brighton v Southamptom game (KWP fouled) should have been left alone. It certainly wasn't clear and obvious although it was a line decision. By the amount of time they kept looking at it you knew it was hard to conclude.

Not the game though is it if a player goes past a player and decides to throw his leg back and hook the defender for a pen rather than the other way round? If your quoting the rules rather than protecting the defending part of the game then I find that strange TBH.

Then till it is people have a right to moan about it.

The rules are the game.

True. Doesn't mean they are not wrong though.

The rules are the game.

True. Doesn't mean they are not wrong though.

The game is the game, if you can simulate contact and get a pen because the rules say all contact is a pen then it gone. If you can flick the ball up to hit a hand and its a pen then the games gone. We wont ever agree if you defend that TBH

The game is the game, if you can simulate contact and get a pen because the rules say all contact is a pen then it gone. If you can flick the ball up to hit a hand and its a pen then the games gone. We wont ever agree if you defend that TBH

I'm not saying there shouldn't be scope to change the rules, but the game should be officiated to them exactly as they are written whilst they are valid, even if the rule is stupid.

Keith Hackett went as far as saying it could have been a penalty for the foul on Mees.

Robert Jones' howler makes me wonder - is he fit to referee at the top level?

Referee Robert Jones was guilty of two major errors in his handling of Burnley's 'equaliser' against Leeds.

The first was being far too quick in blowing his whistle for what he thought was a foul by Burnley defender Ben Mee on Leeds goalkeeper Illan Meslier, a decision which rendered Ashley Barnes' goal moments later irrelevant. He should have delayed blowing the whistle until Barnes had completed his shot: then, the decision could have been checked by the Video Assistant Referee and the correct verdict reached.

If it had gone to the VAR, the goal would have been allowed to stand: there was no foul on Meslier, who simply failed to deal with a high ball. Mee was not looking at the goalkeeper - he was just jumping to compete in the normal way. Football is a contact sport and there was nothing untoward in it.

Actually, that is not quite right: if Jones thought there had been a foul, there was a case that it could have been a penalty to Burnley given how Mee was flattened.

Like the Bamford one. Why are they drawing these lines from the arms these days? Surely you can’t score with your arm or has that changed recently as well?

Like the Bamford one. Why are they drawing these lines from the arms these days? Surely you can’t score with your arm or has that changed recently as well?

_114671332_armpit.jpg

It's this season's handball rule. Any body part that can be used to score with also counts for offsides.

Back