• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

I disagree with your first paragraph (there is loads of room for interpretation in the rules, hence the problem!) and last paragraph (football was better before VAR, so the alternative looks pretty appealing right now).

I don't think there is.

Football has only ever moved in one direction imo, all old football was brick.

For offside, so it's got a clear point of reference, shouldn't they just use feet as the marker? All this rubbish about armpits and hips is ridiculous, 9 times out of 10 the foot is planted and gives a clear plane using the pitch.

Fouls should only be recalled as clear and obvious - which was the original definition.

Handball should be anything below the shoulder that is deliberate (and we can use common sense here can't we? - it worked better before than it does now.)

We've got a near perfect system in balls crossing the line (there are a few examples of failure)

The offside lines for me are a comedy show... we can't even create a VR birdseye view of the event which would be more efficient than some of the ridiculous angles and obscure lines they are currently using.

Yes it is, the laws are set, carefully worded.

VAR is simple, it gives the humans a chance for a second/third/fourth/slow motion look at things, if they are still getting it wrong, fire them and hire some who are competent.

Whats the alternative to VAR, go back to accepting mistakes and inconsistency, the idea of that sickens me, it would probably turn me off. Bad officiating is the biggest problem in football, they have to fix that or the game is dead.

Do you really believe that VAR has made the game less full of mistakes and inconsistencyo_Oo_O You are defending something you were convinced would make the game better and stop all the arguments after games. Guess what? its made a joke of it.

Do you really believe that VAR has made the game less full of mistakes and inconsistencyo_Oo_O You are defending something you were convinced would make the game better and stop all the arguments after games. Guess what? its made a joke of it.

Not yet, but it will do.

But that’s obvious isn’t it? Of course a computer /camera can’t be wrong on its own. The whole point/issue with VAR is that you still have humans making the final decisions. Football isn’t black and white, one mans pelanty is another mans play on, VAR was never going to eradicate that from the game, it’s completely naive to think otherwise.

i don’t think anyone is saying VAR, the technology itself, is wrong are they? At least I don’t think that’s what they are saying when they say VAR is fudged? It’s the whole thing, human operators included that people are moaning about. Basically as Neville seems to have been saying on Monday.
The tech is just the tool. And if that tool is what VAR is, it's not to blame. I think people just bundle the whole process under that name, and whatever part of it falls down, they tag it as'VAR gonad*s'

Logic should dictate that if you're running around with 22 players in a high speed game and have a split moment to make decisions, and if you were then told that from now on you will have a further opportunity to review some decisions, slowed down and from multiple angles on a TV, you'd assume subjective decision outcomes would improve massively?

The tech is just the tool. And if that tool is what VAR is, it's not to blame. I think people just bundle the whole process under that name, and whatever part of it falls down, they tag it as'VAR gonad*s'

Logic should dictate that if you're running around with 22 players in a high speed game and have a split moment to make decisions, and if you were then told that from now on you will have a further opportunity to review some decisions, slowed down and from multiple angles on a TV, you'd assume subjective decision outcomes would improve massively?

But like I keep saying, tech or person the system sold to improve the game VAR is not doing that. I dont care if thats the person using it or the system itself, I am not selling it they are.

Its crap

But like I keep saying, tech or person the system sold to improve the game VAR is not doing that. I dont care if thats the person using it or the system itself, I am not selling it they are.

Its crap

The system was sold because it worked, our problem is that we handed it over to the keystone cops to run.

It like Mercedes building that car and deciding they don’t need Lewis Hamilton to drive it, just give the keys to Hugo after a night out with Giroud.

The system was sold because it worked, our problem is that we handed it over to the keystone cops to run.

It like Mercedes building that car and deciding they don’t need Lewis Hamilton to drive it, just give the keys to Hugo after a night out with Giroud.

Still isn't working though

Still isn't working though

It will as soon we put the right officiating teams in.

The old excuse for poor refereeing was that the game was too fast and one person couldn’t see anything, now we have multiple people who can see everything over and over again one frame at a time in both forward and reverse.

There is now no excuse for mistakes, we need to start firing these fudgers and training new ones.

Its crap

That is putting it mildly, its a f arce.

Last edited:
It will as soon we put the right officiating teams in.

The old excuse for poor refereeing was that the game was too fast and one person couldn’t see anything, now we have multiple people who can see everything over and over again one frame at a time in both forward and reverse.

There is now no excuse for mistakes, we need to start firing these fudgers and training new ones.

Ironically the officiating was better then

Back