• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

The Leicester lad drills it hard at the worlds full back ms arm which is by his side but ever so slightly upwards like he doing a low camp wave
The ref gives nothing
Var tel him to watch it again
Joke IMO
At full speed he is moving his hands away and more so at slo Lo

under the old rules, that is not a penalty, no calculated or considered act, so no intent, only a corrupt or incompetent ref gives it

Yep exactly

so to expand on my earlier point, the actual handballs allowed to be let go, where no advantage was seen, are just as much of a problem

I apologise for resorting to hypotheticals for but obvious reasons I can't play tape

right, you and me are opposing midfielders going after a bouncing ball in the centre circle, you look like you might get there first so I intentionally give it a sly flick with my elbow to move it into my path, I then play a terrible ball forward that goes out for a throw in near your box, the ref thought he saw a handball, wasn't sure, and as I gained no advantage he's happy for play to resume with a throw, no harm done right?

but with VAR, it gets called back, they saw my cheating, you get a FK, you immediately play a much better ball forward, intersecting my slow CB's (Toby and Eric) and your forward scores

that's why every single incident should be officiated in isolation, in full compliance with the laws, because not all of the advantages can be seen, thats the only way to get consistency

so to expand on my earlier point, the actual handballs allowed to be let go, where no advantage was seen, are just as much of a problem

I apologise for resorting to hypotheticals for but obvious reasons I can't play tape

right, you and me are opposing midfielders going after a bouncing ball in the centre circle, you look like you might get there first so I intentionally give it a sly flick with my elbow to move it into my path, I then play a terrible ball forward that goes out for a throw in near your box, the ref thought he saw a handball, wasn't sure, and as I gained no advantage he's happy for play to resume with a throw, no harm done right?

but with VAR, it gets called back, they saw my cheating, you get a FK, you immediately play a much better ball forward, intersecting my slow CB's (Toby and Eric) and your forward scores

that's why every single incident should be officiated in isolation, in full compliance with the laws, because not all of the advantages can be seen, thats the only way to get consistency
But your saying you flick the arm out with intent
I’m not arguing there that’s a free kick
More that if no intent is obvious we play on
Var by the way doesn’t interject in decisions like you describe as there not goal scoring or goal “creating ones” (as in the infringement)

Var by the way doesn’t interject in decisions like you describe as there not goal scoring or goal “creating ones” (as in the infringement)

VAR should be looking at everything (I know that’s not the case yet).

Maybe
Or it should be used for certain calls that are unarguable
Like offside and ball out of play

My point speaks more to the importance of consistent officiating, there shouldn’t be common sense or evening things up, there should only be objective decisions, if the laws don’t allow for that, they need clarifying.

Seeing as the referees can't know intent, only guess, it makes more sense to have an absolute rule.

TBF the villa goal he was in front of line of sight of the keeper
And Bamford was offside in the photo they used
Both were great strikes though
If Bamford was in any way offside based on the current rules of the game then it’s a complete joke. The rules would not have had him offside (or even close to it) before VAR, so that still comes under the VAR fudge up umbrella for me.

Back