• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Tottenham have made Mirralas their top priority in the transfer window, with Pochettino looking to add more pace and guile to his attack especially with the Capital One Cup final against Chel53a looming on the horizon.

Their only chance of winning a trophy this season is the Capital one Cup, where they scraped into the semi-finals by beating Sheffield United 3-2 on aggregate.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...lennon-everton-striker-kevin-mirallas-1485819
The fact that Mirralas is cup tied after being on the bench for Everton's 3rd round defeat to Swansea seems to have eluded the author.

Also there was me thinking we had a two legged tie coming up in the Europa League against Fiorentina. Seems as though I have needlessly booked time off of work and paid for a flight, hotel and tickets.... Thank GHod for the ibtimes letting me know that was just a figment of the imagination and I can now cancel all of those!

The fact that Mirralas is cup tied after being on the bench for Everton's 3rd round defeat to Swansea seems to have eluded the author.

Also there was me thinking we had a two legged tie coming up in the Europa League against Fiorentina. Seems as though I have needlessly booked time off of work and paid for a flight, hotel and tickets.... Thank GHod for the ibtimes letting me know that was just a figment of the imagination and I can now cancel all of those!

Some articles are hilarious arent't they? I mean "scraping into the SEMI-FINALS after beating Sheffield United 3-2 on Aggregate is news to me too!

However, IF Mirralas was to join us, I think him just being on the bench vs Swansea would not make him inelgible for us in the same competition as long as he didn't actually come on.
I'm pretty sure Naughton was a sub for us in the 1-1 FA Cup draw with Burnley earlier this month and when he joined Swansea he was again eleigible to be on theor bench in their FA Cup loss against Blackburn last weekend.
Also IIRC, Michael Owen was a substitute in Liverpool's CL qualifier in summer 2004 before he joined Madrid that season and he was eleigible to play in Madrid's CL campaign that one season that he was there.

So if we did get Mirallas he would be eligible to play for us in the Carling Final

Still a brick article though!

Some articles are hilarious arent't they? I mean "scraping into the SEMI-FINALS after beating Sheffield United 3-2 on Aggregate is news to me too!

However, IF Mirralas was to join us, I think him just being on the bench vs Swansea would not make him inelgible for us in the same competition as long as he didn't actually come on.
I'm pretty sure Naughton was a sub for us in the 1-1 FA Cup draw with Burnley earlier this month and when he joined Swansea he was again eleigible to be on theor bench in their FA Cup loss against Blackburn last weekend.
Also IIRC, Michael Owen was a substitute in Liverpool's CL qualifier in summer 2004 before he joined Madrid that season and he was eleigible to play in Madrid's CL campaign that one season that he was there.

So if we did get Mirallas he would be eligible to play for us in the Carling Final

Still a crud article though!
As I understand the rule, you have to play to be tied.

In theory there isn't much different being an unused sub and not being named in squad

The north London club are currently sixth in the league, three points adrift of Manchester United, who are in fourth.

Their only chance of winning a trophy this season is the Capital one Cup, where they scraped into the semi-finals by beating Sheffield United 3-2 on aggregate. Pochettino's men are out of the FA Cup, losing to Leicester in the fourth round, where they were brutally exposed for making wholesome changes to the squad.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...lennon-everton-striker-kevin-mirallas-1485819

Er... no. There's also the Europa League and - technically - the Premier League. What a weird statement.

Back