• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Can I just say that the people who sincerely think we're going to get in our 'first choice targets' in the summer are adorable when it comes to their child-like trust in our Glorious Leader and his boss further upstairs? Also, this...

Saha was a good signing at the time. He added an extra body to the squad and it started off so well.

....is one of the most utterly jarring pieces of historical revisionism I've seen yet when it comes to that whole sad and pathetic affair. And...

If our top targets aren't attainable, that's the kind of player we might look at.

...I'm not going to try to point out the logical outcome of that statement when it comes to the chairman and owner we have, but it seems to me abundantly clear.

Ah, well. Back to the long grind.

no point signing players right now just for the sake of it as it will exasperate the problem further. If our genuine top priority targets are available this window and there is room in the squad im sure we'll try and get a deal done but there's no point in adding to a squad already bursting at the seams.

kinda comes back round to patience - a sniff of top 4 and everyone's throwing away the idea of developing the players here and getting the managers ideas across. now it's all : we need to sign a player who is going to get us the points RIGHT NOW!

Agree

Unfortunately it seems some fans have a completely unrealistic expectation of our spending/book balancing/squad balancing. "Just pay the money Levy", etc. etc.

no point signing players right now just for the sake of it as it will exasperate the problem further. If our genuine top priority targets are available this window and there is room in the squad im sure we'll try and get a deal done but there's no point in adding to a squad already bursting at the seams.

kinda comes back round to patience - a sniff of top 4 and everyone's throwing away the idea of developing the players here and getting the managers ideas across. now it's all : we need to sign a player who is going to get us the points RIGHT NOW!

Agreed.

Having seen how much expensive flops have set us back in the past, and having seen some expensive striker January flops at other PL clubs I really don't think this is the time for desperation.

If a good deal is there to be made for someone we want then by all means, go go go. But let's not pay over the odds for someone.

Pochettino seems perfectly rational on this. He hasn't alienated Adebayor, he hasn't made Soldado unhappy. It seems fairly likely that he would be happy with either leaving if we get the right bid and a replacement can be found, but he's also working towards getting the best out of them if deals can't be made.

Can I just say that the people who sincerely think we're going to get in our 'first choice targets' in the summer are adorable when it comes to their child-like trust in our Glorious Leader and his boss further upstairs? Also, this...

....is one of the most utterly jarring pieces of historical revisionism I've seen yet when it comes to that whole sad and pathetic affair. And...

...I'm not going to try to point out the logical outcome of that statement when it comes to the chairman and owner we have, but it seems to me abundantly clear.

Ah, well. Back to the long grind.

Who has sincerely claimed with child like trust that we will get our first choice targets in the summer???

Stambouli seemed like the cheaper option in central midfield this summer. I hope we have similar cheaper options for the striking positions considered if solid bids come in for Soldado and/or Adebayor if first choice targets remain unavailable.

The express today reckon Jackson Martinez wants to come to us in the summer.

I think he is too old for us to be spending the fee his club are reported to want for him. Hopefully we've learnt our lesson with signing expensive overseas players who are not proven in our league and at an age where shifting them on again proves difficult.

Who has sincerely claimed with child like trust that we will get our first choice targets in the summer???

Stambouli seemed like the cheaper option in central midfield this summer. I hope we have similar cheaper options for the striking positions considered if solid bids come in for Soldado and/or Adebayor if first choice targets remain unavailable.

Oh, we definitely do. That is an absolutely cast-iron guarantee. What is also guaranteed (And what I suspect you will disagree on) is that we will end up going for these cheaper options after what will at most be a perfunctory bid at securing Poch's 'first choices'. Because they are, after all, the cheaper option, which outweighs every other consideration.

Oh, we definitely do. That is an absolutely cast-iron guarantee. What is also guaranteed (And what I suspect you will disagree on) is that we will end up going for these cheaper options after what will at most be a perfunctory bid at securing Poch's 'first choices'. Because they are, after all, the cheaper option, which outweighs every other consideration.

Mate, I get you have your issues with Levy (and you are entitled to them, and I have my own issues)

However - Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, Lloris (for a keeper) certainly weren't the cheaper option

Even going back to Berbatov, Modric, while not record breaking fees, not the "cheap option" at the time

Nothing to me suggests we have changed that in anyway.

Mate, I get you have your issues with Levy (and you are entitled to them, and I have my own issues)

However - Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, Lloris (for a keeper) certainly weren't the cheaper option

Even going back to Berbatov, Modric, while not record breaking fees, not the "cheap option" at the time

Nothing to me suggests we have changed that in anyway.

Saha, Nelsen, Stambouli, Fazio....even Lamela was the cheaper option to the players AVB asked for in that position (which were, if you recall, Willian and Hulk).

We have a profound disposition towards going for the cheapest option we can get away with, mate: our antics this summer (one solitary 10 million pound bid for Schneiderlin before scampering back to the safety of bargain-bin signing Stambouli) do not reassure me that we have changed that approach in any significant way. AVB's suggested as much, as has Harry.

You're assuming that the absolute values of the prices we paid reflects a determination to go for the expensive first-choice players that the manager wants and feels is vital to his philosophy. That is hardly the case, given our consistent negative net spend despite our 'spending', and again, the examples provided above.

I have no doubt that the same thing will re-emerge this summer, is all.

Saha, Nelsen, Stambouli, Fazio....even Lamela was the cheaper option to the players AVB asked for in that position (which were, if you recall, Willian and Hulk).

We have a profound disposition towards going for the cheapest option we can get away with, mate: our antics this summer (one solitary 10 million pound bid for Schneiderlin before scampering back to the safety of bargain-bin signing Stambouli) do not reassure me that we have changed that approach in any significant way. AVB's suggested as much, as has Harry.

You're assuming that the absolute values of the prices we paid reflects a determination to go for the expensive first-choice players that the manager wants and feels is vital to his philosophy. That is hardly the case, given our consistent negative net spend despite our 'spending', and again, the examples provided above.

I have no doubt that the same thing will re-emerge this summer, is all.

Have to agree to disagree

- Saha & Nelsen were both January bids .. a windows that I do agree with you, we often make bad decisions
- stating Lamela was the cheaper option, really? also you are conveniently leaving out we had Willian and Cheat$ki came in and stole him
- I think you are confusing disposition towards cheaper with what we can afford.

Look, I would love to see Levy show a little balls NOW, buy a striker and RW player to help us win a trophy and get 4th. for whatever reason we always **** up January, no matter how good/bad we are positioned.

I don't think we won't spend money in summer, and I think is a bit unfair, Paulinho, Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Lloris, Berbatov, Modric were not cheap, regardless of net spend conversations

Have to agree to disagree

- Saha & Nelsen were both January bids .. a windows that I do agree with you, we often make bad decisions
- stating Lamela was the cheaper option, really? also you are conveniently leaving out we had Willian and Cheat$ki came in and stole him
- I think you are confusing disposition towards cheaper with what we can afford.

Look, I would love to see Levy show a little balls NOW, buy a striker and RW player to help us win a trophy and get 4th. for whatever reason we always **** up January, no matter how good/bad we are positioned.

I don't think we won't spend money in summer, and I think is a bit unfair, Paulinho, Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Lloris, Berbatov, Modric were not cheap, regardless of net spend conversations

Fair enough, mate. And as for not spending money in the summer, again, what explanation is out there for the Schneiderlin debacle? Spending on Paulinho, Eriksen, Lamela and Soldado is fine and impressive, given that we sold Bale straight after that splurge, but it is also fairly telling that even during that landmark windfall window, we weren't willing to close deals for a host of players AVB wanted (Villa, Hulk, Willian) and ended up in a situation where AVB walked and then bitterly revealed all the stuff behind that transfer window in a later interview. But again...we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

even during that landmark windfall window, we weren't willing to close deals for a host of players AVB wanted (Villa, Hulk, Willian)

Sometimes, on this one issue, you really are a one-eyed marauding bundersnark, ploughing your furrow deeper and deeper, moaning and grimacing as you push and thrust and gasp harder and harder into the depths of the morass

Sometimes, on this one issue, you really are a one-eyed marauding bundersnark, ploughing your furrow deeper and deeper, moaning and grimacing as you push and thrust and gasp harder and harder into the depths of the morass

29e0nk0.jpg

Erm......Ah.....wh.....Well, I........eh....uh.....

....I'm sorry, what? :ross:

Last edited:
Im not sure if someones been at the word filter again or whether that's what he meant to post :lol:

:?:

Untitled.jpg

Irrespective of what a 'bundersnark' may be, Bullet, you should definitely try your hand at erotic literature. :ross:

Last edited:

Tottenham have revived their interest in Everton striker Kevin Mirallas in a deal which can extend late into deadline day, according to the Daily Mirror.

Daniel Levy is interested in a straight swap between Aaron Lennon and the Belgian but Roberto Martinez does not value them equally, which has led to the squabble. The Merseyside club are demanding a substantial fee to go along with the swap, something which Tottenham are willing to negotiate.

The north London club can sweeten the deal by sending Emmanuel Adebayor on loan till the end of the season, with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain, Stoke City and Queens Park Rangers also interested.

Tottenham have made Mirralas their top priority in the transfer window, with Pochettino looking to add more pace and guile to his attack especially with the Capital One Cup final against Chelsea looming on the horizon.

The 27-year-old has scored eight goals in 15 appearances this season, an aspect Everton will miss should they let him leave without replacement.

Spurs are also looking to complete a deal with Burnley for Danny Ings, but Liverpool have surged ahead in the race by offering a cash plus loan deal for the striker, which keeps the player at the Turf Moor till the end of the season.

Tottenham are in immediate need for replacements and cannot afford that luxury, which has ostensibly put the deal beyond their reach.

Their long term target Jay Rodriguez is still recovering from an anterior cruciate ligament injury he suffered last year and is unlikely to make the switch, given his lack of fitness.

The north London club are currently sixth in the league, three points adrift of Manchester United, who are in fourth.

Their only chance of winning a trophy this season is the Capital one Cup, where they scraped into the semi-finals by beating Sheffield United 3-2 on aggregate. Pochettino's men are out of the FA Cup, losing to Leicester in the fourth round, where they were brutally exposed for making wholesome changes to the squad.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...lennon-everton-striker-kevin-mirallas-1485819

The Mirror reports that Stuttgart are interested in taking Younes Kaboul to Germany and that Tottenham may try to negotiate a swap as part of the deal

And the Londoners are considering using their interest in defender Kaboul to test Stuttgart’s resolve to hang on to their record-breaking teenager Timo Werner.

Spurs are monitoring him and are ready to ask if Stuttgart will include him in any deal for 29-year-old Kaboul.

Why is Werner a record breaker? Because he became Stuttgart’s youngest ever first team player when he made his debut for the club in 2013 and he was also the youngest player to ever score a brace in the Bundesliga – a feat he achieved just a couple of months after the debut.

Back