• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Either Llorente or Cavani would be ideal, but they won't come unless we get CL.

I used to be keen on Llorente, but the more I see him the more I can see him failing for the same reasons Carroll is - lack of mobility to fit into a fluid style.

Cavani would be ideal, but his price must be pushing ?ú50m now and he wouldn't leave Napoli for us. We missed that boat badly 2 years ago when we had the chance to sign him.

Vdv
Defoe
Kane(Europa league cup)
Kalou
Leandro/llorente/negredo/ade/cavani(unlikely)
And most importantly a managers who's willing and able to using strikers accordingly

Wouldn't mind Kalou on a free as replacement for Defoe.

Lambert I would like instead of players like Remy.

So that would be

OUT
Defoe
Saha

In
Kalou
Lambert
Adebayor or 25m striker

One costs 40 million euros and is unlikely to leave title winning Montpellier. The other would cost the same and is unlikely to leave title-winning Dortmund. Who're your next best preferences?

I still think Giroud and Lewandowski are more viable prospects than say Cavani or Llorente! I realise that's the price that was quoted but I don't think winning Ligue 1 makes any difference, Lille let Moussa Sow and Cabaye go after winning it?

Some of you won't give up your llorente obsession. You have more chance of convincing a Scot to play for England than to pry away llorente from a successful Bilbao team.

Few names not mentioned

Asamoah Gyan
Luuk de Jong
Seydou Doumbia

I still think Giroud and Lewandowski are more viable prospects than say Cavani or Llorente! I realise that's the price that was quoted but I don't think winning Ligue 1 makes any difference, Lille let Moussa Sow and Cabaye go after winning it?

Certainly Giroud and Lewandowski are more viable than Cavani or Llorente.But that still doesn't make them viable enough to be considered a real possibility for us.

As for Lille, they're building a 50-60,000 seater stadium, as I recall, and need the money. Montpellier don't. IF we are going for Montpellier players, though, and they are achievable (unlikely, but still) we should go for both Giroud and Belhanda. Would massively improve us.

Some of you won't give up your llorente obsession. You have more chance of convincing a Scot to play for England than to pry away llorente from a successful Bilbao team.

Few names not mentioned

Asamoah Gyan
Luuk de Jong
Seydou Doumbia

Good players all, but what's so ungettable about Llorente? He's unrealistic, but certainly not completely unattainable. He's on relatively low wages, and is likely to end the season with Bilbao mid-table at best. Certainly not Ronaldo levels of pie-in-the-sky thinking to want him in.

I don't think I did.........

I was certainly not happy with Modric and vowed never to cheer him in a Spurs shirt again (which I haven't) or applaud his name on the team sheet (which I haven't). Berbatov is a completely different animal. I'd be furious if he came back, and if Redknapp was the man who did bring him back then that would be enough for me to turn on the Manager.

you did, absolutely positive about that. but what i cant put my finger on was whether you said you would stop supporting spurs while he played fro us or that you would stop supporting and lose every respect for harry

Check the Transfer Rumour Thread for the answer to the above.

Just a rumour, and indeed if that were true, and you base our chances of getting someone on whether City would be interested in them or not, then any of the strikers on your list would immediately become unattainable if City suddenly became interested in them, no?

That's too much of a variable, imo.

But interestingly enough, I remember City former chief scout talking about how chairmen and agents immediately demanded five to six times the money they demanded from anyone else when City came to them. He talked about how he had to tell them that with FFP, City didn't operate like that, and they would pay only the going rate, etc, etc. and then they'd stare blankly and ask for the same money anyways. He seemed quite miffed about it too, like he didn't expect it to happen. You get rich, you pay 'rich man's' prices, and it seems City don't want to do that anymore. So we could actually outbid them for a player soon. Why not let it be Llorente? ;)

There is only one name

llorente2.jpg

you now what, i think we should take a chance on Emmanuel Mayuka..... alot of people have big hopes for this kid

Was really good in the few matches I got to see of Zambia at the ACN, might not be the worst shout. (Incidentally, Zambia's win has to go down as 2012's best football story)

Umm, have I missed something here?

Rossi won't be back until around December time though, that's if he can ever get back to his best.

I did not realise his injury was that serious. In that case i would take Soldado in place of Rossi.

Back