• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

You just know we'll start next season with Yakubu(on a free from Blackburn after they go down),Defoe,Van der Vaart and Kane, spend all August trying to sign Llorente and clinch the signature of Carlton Cole 10 mins before the window closes

Ade has been the final missing keystone to our attacking play. A mobile hold-up player who can really make vdV and Bale flourish.

I can't think of anyone Ade like who is gettable and better than him. He'd also cost less than ?ú10m. Plus Rafa has said he'd contribute to his wages to help keep him!

What is important is getting a (young) big goalscoring #9 to compete/cover for Ade. At the moment when Ade's not being effective we simply have no other option.

Ade has been the final missing keystone to our attacking play. A mobile hold-up player who can really make vdV and Bale flourish.

I can't think of anyone Ade like who is gettable and better than him. He'd also cost less than ?ú10m. Plus Rafa has said he'd contribute to his wages to help keep him!

What is important is getting a (young) big goalscoring #9 to compete/cover for Ade. At the moment when Ade's not being effective we simply have no other option.

There's your problem. We DO need a forward that can hold it up AND be a threat by turning and running at the opposition. In Crouch we had a forward who could hold it up, but couldn't turn and run. In Ade we have a forward whose first touch is so poor that he couldn't trap a bag of cement, but he can run at the opposition once the ball is under control.

It's a shame he is such a ****, but Drogba showed at the weekend (and tonight) what we are missing.

With CL:

Shift Ade, seeing as we'd have to pay him far more than we do anyone else. Also Saha.

Lavezzi and Ba would be my two picks, Lavezzi for his versatility and phenomenal skill and Ba because we'll need a battering ram. If we want a full-blown revolution, try getting Pandev in as well.

Alternatively, Stevan Jovetic should be eminently gettable, seeing as Fiorentina are fairly low in the table. Though we'll need a battering ram anyway, he can play cross the front three plus up front on his own, so decent cover there. Much like Lavezzi.

Go into the season with Lavezzi/Jovetic, Ba and Defoe as forwards; look forward to lifting the CL trophy come May 2013.

Without CL:

Shift Ade anyway cause we can't keep him, and Saha because...well, he's Saha. Try to get Diego Milito in because he's old and Inter likely wouldn't want him, and Mario Mandzukic from stagnating Wolfsburg. Hope for better days as we go into the season with Madzukic, Milito and Defoe as our forwards.

Don't think we'll be able to get Ade permanently.

Llorente would be my "dream" signing. Then add one more cheaper striker, Berba for example.

View attachment 477

View attachment 478

\o/

I think Llorente will be picked up by one of the 'bigger' boys in all honesty, if he decides to move at all. Sadly, I feel the same about Rossi. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd like to go for one of the Geordie boys. However, what do people think? If they finish above us, will they still come to us by virtue of being the bigger club/London-based etc?

I'd monitor the Drogba situation closely this summer. He may not be a long-term solution, but what a solution if we can't get who we want in place early enough. Plus, he'd be excellent for the kids such as Coubilay.

You said the same about harry playing modric

somehow i think spurs is too much i your blood for you not to cheer, even when berbatov comes back

I don't think I did.........

I was certainly not happy with Modric and vowed never to cheer him in a Spurs shirt again (which I haven't) or applaud his name on the team sheet (which I haven't). Berbatov is a completely different animal. I'd be furious if he came back, and if Redknapp was the man who did bring him back then that would be enough for me to turn on the Manager.

It's a shame he is such a ****, but Drogba showed at the weekend (and tonight) what we are missing.

That's hardly a surprise, he is the best in the Premiership in that position by some distance and has been for years. The problem is that his next move will be the last of his career, is likely to be motivated by money and we cannot compete with what will be on offer from Russia, China and the Gulf.

first choice has to be Loic Remy. Just hope that ship hasn't sailed.

Adebayor has been one of the key reasons we are top 4 with 5 games left.
His contributions in terms of goals and assists has been very good, and for a lot of games he has been our only representative in the oppositions half for much of the game.

Not worth breaking the bank to ?ú170k a week but I think if the choice is to go over ?ú100k for him or accept a player of lesser ability it's a no brainier. Keep him at all costs, no....but keep him at a high cost, yes if we have to.

Needs genuine competition though and Saha ain't it.

Defoe should stay but I don't know if he will be willing to spend another year largely on the bench.

If we are struggling to get in those proven on form strikers I personally would be happy to see us offer City or Liverpool ?ú18m for Caroll or Dzeko. They might be willing to take the hit for players that would do well at any club with a regular place and decent service.

Last edited:
first choice has to be Loic Remy. Just hope that ship hasn't sailed.

Adebayor has been one of the key reasons we are top 4 with 5 games left.
His contributions in terms of goals and assists has been very good, and for a lot of games he has been our only representative in the oppositions half for much of the game.

Not worth breaking the bank to ?ú170k a week but I think if the choice is to go over ?ú100k for him or accept a player of lesser ability it's a no brainier. Keep him at all costs, no....but keep him at a high cost, yes if we have to.

Defoe should stay but I don't know if he will be willing to spend another year largely on the bench.

I agree about Ade. But is Remy a player that can play that role and replace Ade? I've only seen 3-4 games with Remy and he was a bit brick in all of them, but even so he didn't really look anything like the striker type we need to fill the Ade sized hole we might have in our squad this summer.

I would not mind an attacking 4 of this

Rossi
Ba / Llorente
VDV
Kane
With Coulibaly being understudy to Lennon and could also fill in at Striker if we get injury's

Cisse from his parent club before Saudi Sportswashing Machine get him.

Umm, have I missed something here?

I would not mind an attacking 4 of this

Rossi
Ba / Llorente
VDV
Kane
With Coulibaly being understudy to Lennon and could also fill in at Striker if we get injury's

Rossi won't be back until around December time though, that's if he can ever get back to his best.

I agree about Ade. But is Remy a player that can play that role and replace Ade? I've only seen 3-4 games with Remy and he was a bit brick in all of them, but even so he didn't really look anything like the striker type we need to fill the Ade sized hole we might have in our squad this summer.

Remy's much more of a Sturridge than a Drogba/Ade.

Back