• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Torres for ?ú20m or less would be a great deal. Wouldn't want any of the others at Spurs unless it was Berbatov for a steal.

I said Torres will turn good again after his initial bad patch and unfortunately it still hasn't happened, however I honestly cannot believe this guy will not return to the heights again. He sure as hell needs to move team or country though.

Torres had a fantastic chance to put Chelsea 4-2 today but ****ed it up. His all round play doesn't seem bad but his confidence in front of goal has disappeared entirely. He's had 2 poor years for club and country.
20mil is a lot but probably worth a punt.
Set up Mata for his goal earlier with a peach of a cross. Torres in his Liverpool days would have scored that, not sure why he's dragging the ball back when he's 8 yards in front of the goal with a clear shooting opportunity! He'll come good again, goalscorers need confidence and that will come with time.

Benitez really fudged him up - the scousers should have bought another striker so that they didn't have to play him every other game with niggling injuries.

I do feel sorry for Torres at Chelsea. The way they play is completely different to Liverpool. When he was at the Liverpool, literally, the whole team played around him and Gerrard. At Chelsea he was always going to battle for a place with Drogba because they only play with one striker now that Mata has come in. Under Redknapp he may be able to get his form back again and if Mourinho does end up coming to us next season he also could potentially get the best out of him. They say form is temporary, class is permanent so I would take him for ?ú20million but Chelsea are unlikely to sell that low seeing as how much they paid for him.

As for Tevez, Spurs fans thought Gallas would cause havoc in the squad because of his antics at Arsenal and Chelsea but he has been great for us so maybe Tevez could do the same.

Even though Berbatov is a great player and would fit into our team well, he will never be forgiven for how he left us so he can never come back.

And Carroll... Carroll can fudge off. He is terrible

Torres operating ahead of Van der Vaart is reminiscent of the system he used to play at Liverpool in which Gerrard was his supplier. He could score a hatful in our side - Adebayor is getting a lot of opportunities at Spurs, hardly any of which are aerially.

Would take any of them. As with any player, it is how well man-managed they are; all could work at WHL

Tevez - would realise that Spurs were the club he SHOULD have come to seven years ago.
Carroll - clearly, he has gone to an ill-disciplined club. But Fergie would be better at cracking his skull than Harry
Torres - still class, even if he isn't scoring. But needs to go back to Spain now.
Berbatov - the missing piece. We'd win the league.

Berbatov @ p<=?ú10m would be a no-brainer for me; might take a gamble on Torres at the same price; ditto Carroll, but only for half as much; wouldn't want Tevez anywhere near the squad, the poisonous little git.

Berbs really tinkled me off, but I might (maybe just) be over it. If he came back 100% committed I'd forgive him (maybe).

Do you think we'd do better with him in the first XI than with Adebayor? Doubtful, IMO.
I think berbatov would be less effective in holding the ball up but might score more. He is a better footballer than Ade and a better finisher. He doesn't work as hard as Ade though so how effective we would be with him in the side in comparison to Ade's inclusion is a hard call.
I'd take him back.

Do you think we'd do better with him in the first XI than with Adebayor? Doubtful, IMO.

I'm making no assumption that Adebayor would be off, I'm more thinking about what happens if we add Berbatov to the squad ;)
However, yes I would play Berbatov over Adebayor...

Berbatov for me is the better finisher (something we are missing just a little), but a wonderful foil. Both hold the ball up well, difference is Adebayor works the channels, whilst Berbatov stays central but allows others play off him. I'd say that suits us more.... why should Adebayor be drifting wide when we have Bale, BAE, Lennon and Walker?? It's frustrating when he gets into the perfect position to put a cross in.... when actually HE is the one he needs to be crossing to!

I think Berbatov would slot right in there, he would love the service from the flanks but also link up well with VDV or Defoe (as he has done previously). There would be a lot of negativity from some fans if he came back from but a) he wouldnt give a s*** and b) he'd be no worse off with age. Shades of Teddy Sheringham in more ways than one.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly appreciate what Adebayor has done for us, made the world of difference. We're not scraping for 4th this season, we are cruising to third. It is an exaggeration on my part to say that we would win the league, but I do think Berbatov would give us a little bit more.

Do you think Ade could single-handedly destroyed Bolton with a man sent off? - tho picking his best game for us may be unfair.

Him and VdV would be amazing, Him and Defoe would be pretty good, him and Ade could be incredible.

Problem is our history and Danchev and the fact he is a Danchev.

RE: Adebayor v Berbatov. I think Ade has worked wonders for this team and his mere presence up front is making the likes of Bale and Lennon shine like a supernova. I think him up top on his own would be more effective than Berbatov playing in the same position.

Anyway, I'd rather look elsewhere for another striker than bring Berbatov back.

Saying that, Berbatov would be a joy to watch in this team. Imagine him, Bale, Lennon, VDV, Modric, BAE and Walker in the same team - explosive.

His touch, his passing, his vision and his composure.

Can we stop talking about this cos it ain't gonna happen and I will start crying that the bastard left us. I hope his mum is still washing windows on the north circular.

would grab Berba & Torres in a heartbeat...Tevez would be a difficult proposition to handle..would not touch Carroll with Chich's dingdong

His touch, his passing, his vision and his composure.

Can we stop talking about this cos it ain't gonna happen and I will start crying that the bastard left us. I hope his mum is still washing windows on the north circular.
I thought that was his dad (according to the song)?

Any of the 4 would improve our team substantially.

Realistically - only Berbatov would be attainbale next season although even if Utd agree to sell he'd never come back instead probably joining some Russian or French project and earning triple the amount. His agent knows that would be the last pay cheque

If AC Milan and their financial backing couldn't afford Tevez I doubt we could - in addition to him seemingly wanting out of the country

Torres or Carroll's wages would be a stretch too far for us

Last edited:
Saying that, Berbatov would be a joy to watch in this team. Imagine him, Bale, Lennon, VDV, Modric, BAE and Walker in the same team - explosive.

Not sure why people think Berbatov would be the missing link. Taking my immense dislike for him out of it, I actually do not believe he's the player we need at all. We attack with pace and energy. I think he would slow us down to be honest.

I remember the amount of times I was fuming at his unwillingness to stick out a leg 30cm to collect a "wayward" pass, and the attack broke down. And that was with a midfield of Jenas, Zok and Tainio.

I think our midfield would literally leave him behind now. Also, people complain about the lack of runs into the box to meet Bales crosses. Berbatov is not that player.

We need our own Welbeck.

Back