• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

I guess it's possible, but earlier in the window Ali Gold seemed to think we had money set aside for an attacker, 20m+ .. He's usually pretty bang on with his info.

And the rest of our business this summer has been pretty pragmatic. I'd expect similar in our choice of striker

In which case we risk missing out. We have space our PL squad anyway and that is what really matters. Sign the player and sell another afterwards, at worst case scenario we just leave somebody like Foyth out of the EUROPA League squad. It's hardly an issue. I think more likely we're trying to sell somebody else as we've got no money as opposed to wanting to make space in the squad.

I think that it is likely to be more of a case of fear of it impacting on the sale price. Clubs will offer less if they know that we need to sell.

And the rest of our business this summer has been pretty pragmatic. I'd expect similar in our choice of striker

I know, in our hearts I think we all know, but I can't help thinking of the days when we used make signings like Lineker, Waddle, Gazza, Klinsmann, Ginola, Van der Vaart...

I know, in our hearts I think we all know, but I can't help thinking of the days when we used make signings like Lineker, Waddle, Gazza, Klinsmann, Ginola, Van der Vaart...

I think that that quality of player is already in the squad. This summer is about building a platform that enables them to perform.

I think that that quality of player is already in the squad. This summer is about building a platform that enables them to perform.

I totally appreciate that and acknowledge that we have Kane, Dele, Sonny, etc who need backup and support behind them both on the pitch, and further recruits to give them a break. I can't help wanting a sexy (not Sur5y) signing though.

I totally appreciate that and acknowledge that we have Kane, Dele, Sonny, etc who need backup and support behind them both on the pitch, and further recruits to give them a break. I can't help wanting a sexy (not Sur5y) signing though.

I think that the only chance we have of that is if we sell and replace Ndombele

I think that it is likely to be more of a case of fear of it impacting on the sale price. Clubs will offer less if they know that we need to sell.
That's the thing though.... we don't need to sell (other than for any financial shortfalls we might have). We can bring in another overseas player and register him for the PL without having to shift a single player

If a team wants Foyth (or Aurier or Lamela or Winks or Sissoko or whoever) then I don't think us having to leave a player out of our Europa League squad would do anything to impact the price they would be prepared to pay for that player.

Really struggle to see us signing Milik. Similar-ish in style in Kane so would make sense....but he'll cost £25m - £30m right?

Note that as per one of my previous posts I actually wouldn't mind too much if we wait until the end of the window to sign a new CF. I think there will be some bargains around at that time as the clubs who have gambled on getting a big fee start to run out of time and wonder where they are going to get the money to pay their wage bills.

Yes it would've been much better to have somebody in to play in the Europa qualification rounds to allow the likes of Kane and Son to concentrate on the league games only but the longer term is more important than the immediate term.

Of the strikers we have been linked to over the past few weeks I actually like the look of Diallo the most. He must be a long way down the list though as bringing him in from Metz would typically be a pretty easy deal to do.

Really struggle to see us signing Milik. Similar-ish in style in Kane so would make sense....but he'll cost £25m - £30m right?

28m supposedly. Based on his attributes, I think we'd have the option to play him alongisde Kane at times too.. Which might justify a bit of extra spend.

Have we been linked with Carlos Vinícius at all? Just looking at strikers represented by Mendes. He wouldn't be cheap but it might be possible if we shift some deadwood first.

You would assume so but he only has a year on his contract and wants to leave

Hadnt realised that he was down to his final year. Can therefore understand how he'd be high on our short-list. Wonder whether they might therefore only get say £15m

Hadnt realised that he was down to his final year. Can therefore understand how he'd be high on our short-list. Wonder whether they might therefore only get say £15m
Supply and demand
The demand for him Is less than it was
But their isn’t many forwards out there readily available

Can strike a dead ball, look good.

That is a very underwhelming 'highlights reel'. Lots of bloopers and fails, very few highlights. Luckily the highlights reel that youtube played next was a bit more flattering.

I see on Wiki he could have joined Spurs many years ago!
Milik's father left when he was very young. Sławomir "Moki" Mogilan, a football coach, recognized Milik's footballing talent and helped develop his abilities, fostering a greater professionalism in his outlook. When he was 16 years old, reports of the talented youngster had reached England and he was invited to trial with Tottenham Hotspur and Reading, but ultimately decided to focus on his football in Poland

Back