• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

And it ends Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Feyenoord.

Good effort from the lads.

Spurs goals from McEvoy, Lameiras, Winks & Georgiou.

Last edited:
Lads claim Feyenoord scalp in Terborg

Goals from Kenny McEvoy, Ruben Lameiras, Harry Winks and Anthony Georgiou saw our Academy round off their stint at the Terborg Tournament in Holland with a resounding 4-0 win over Feyenoord.

Having missed out on qualification for the semi-finals on the head-to-head rule, the lads brought the curtain down on their season with a comprehensive triumph against the Dutch giants in the fifth-place play-off.

“Feyenoord is a big scalp and I thought the margin was considerable in terms of players and performance,” said Academy Manager John McDermott.

“Other than the first game on Friday we’ve been very good, very consistent, and we’ve had a lot of compliments about our players and the way we’ve played, which is good.

“Ultimately, though, we’ve had to compete for fifth place rather than being in the semi-finals or final, which I think our play and some of our performances probably deserved.”

McEvoy put us in front on Sunday lunchtime when he converted Daniel Akindayini’s low driven cross at the far post, with Lameiras doubling our advantage after Anton Walkes’ effort cannoned back off the upright.

Mid-way through the second half, Feyenoord were reduced to 10 men after Akindayini was brought down in the box and Winks duly tucked away the resulting penalty – his third strike from the spot in as many days.

Georgiou completed the scoring in the closing moments with a low shot that squirmed under the goalkeeper and into the net.

Spurs Academy & Reserves played a total of 90 matches during the 2013-14 season, scoring a total of 204 goals.

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

Someone is doing Sherwood's job now then.

Good move for the lad coming up through the leagues. GHod knows Birmingham need something in defence, I layed them every time at home after xmas last season and cleaned up. They were awful and I think Clarke is lucky to still be in a job.

I have a sneaky feeling Poch is going to like Pritchard a lot. Big chance for the kid imo

I have a sneaky feeling Poch is going to like Pritchard a lot. Big chance for the kid imo

theres a few he may like who are good ball players like ryan mason, veljkovic and carroll etc but i have a feeling he will love a player like harry winks whos also a good ball player but very industrious

Last edited:
Yep. Both released.

We have better coming through in their respective positions.

Exactly.... With youth football it isn't always about whether or not the players will/won't make it. It is also about being fair to the players. If a player has a chance of making it, but is unlikely to be getting games for us due to us being stocked with better players in that particular position, then the club will often look to let the player go, but help him to find an alternative club.

Spurs are very proud of their recent record of getting so many of their released players deals at other clubs. This is also one of the reasons why our academy will often win the battle against other clubs for talented youngsters these days.

Back