• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Agree with all of that, Naughton is a good player and we're lucky to have a player of his ability sitting on the bench covering both full back positions. A shame he hasn't got to play RB for a period of time, was very good there for Norwich...

Think he offers very little at left-back, he is way too reluctant to use his left foot/ go on the outside. Also, he doesn't really ever seem willing to get forward and attack the byline on either side, he is quite a predictable player. He is fairly solid and has an eye for a pass but we could do better. No idea what Smith is like, have only seen him come on in a couple of first team games and maybe one game against Barnet in League 2 many moons ago.

Hopefully with Rose back next season Naughton won't have to play left-back. Wouldn't mind keeping him and sending Smith on loan, we have far bigger transfer priorities than a back-up right-back.

Adam Smith will be the better player and I'm only basing this on Windy's opinion, he doesn't rate Naughton and really rates Smith.

I rate Smith but am a bit concerned as to why he was dropped by Jackett. He can score goals which has not been mentioned.

Im not quite sure if that comment is being drier than the sahara in terms of sarcasm but I shall take it in the spirit it is possibly intended which is a straight forward comment. ;)

No, my comments were sincere. Some fans seem to think that footballers do not have human emotions.

KANE & PRITCHARD IN ENGLAND U20 WIN

Harry Kane and Alex Pritchard both played a half as England Under-20s warmed-up for the World Cup with a 3-0 win in a practice match against Uruguay in Turkey on Sunday.

Striker Harry started the match at England's Antalya base and fired a shot just wide in the first half and Alex came on for the second half and also went close with a headed chance.

England's goals came from Luke Williams, Adam Reach (both Middlesbrough) and Chris Long (Everton).

The tournament kicks-off this Friday with England's first match against Iraq on Sunday.

We are represented by Alex, Harry and our Senior Professional Phase Coach, Chris Ramsey, who is manager Peter Taylor's assistant in Turkey.

That's good, hopefully they both get some playing time in the actual tournament.

I've been hoping for some time now that Pritchard could get a good PL loan next season, seemed very unlikely since he ended up being injured for most of his loan spell this season, but a good youth tournament might make some clubs look his way.

That's good, hopefully they both get some playing time in the actual tournament.

I've been hoping for some time now that Pritchard could get a good PL loan next season, seemed very unlikely since he ended up being injured for most of his loan spell this season, but a good youth tournament might make some clubs look his way.

You need to get out more....

I wonder how much of a go avb will give to the youngsters next season, obviously i dont want us to get relegated or anything but if the option of finishing 5th with a squad of players we have brought in or finishing 7th-12th with our youngsters getting real game time and improving then i would go for the latter.

I wonder how much of a go avb will give to the youngsters next season, obviously i dont want us to get relegated or anything but if the option of finishing 5th with a squad of players we have brought in or finishing 7th-12th with our youngsters getting real game time and improving then i would go for the latter.

I really hope at least one guy will come through.

I am feeling Bale as being a local but if we could get a real live local to come through it would be fantastic.

I really hope at least one guy will come through.

I am feeling Bale as being a local but if we could get a real live local to come through it would be fantastic.

We've seen at least one young player break through for each of the last few years, I would hope that we can continue doing this.

Very surprised to read today that Ugo Ehiogu is coaching the U16's at Spurs.

The is an article on the telegraph by him about how we need more powerful defenders, i can not actually read it as i have used up all my free reads this month.

I quite liked him as a player and im all for more black players going into coaching, i loved how we had inglethorpe and everyone rated and raved about him, not quite sure we have properly replaced him.

Funny but if avb had left this summer i would have bucked the trend and gone and got inglethorpe back as our first team coach, at least then we might see our youngsters get a chance in the first team.

yeah i remember reading that as well, always came across as an intelligent bloke during his playing days - a good appointment (on paper)

would like to see us bring through coaches the way that Ajax do - employing former players at youth level and having them work their way up (Bergkamp currently with the u14s there) and whilst he isn't a former player, being a fan is the next best thing

Back