• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
Thought this thread was very useful on the old board

Hopefully one of the mods will sticky this one

Found this article regarding Caulker - even if its from Daily Fail, it says something about how well he has been doing for Swansea.

England hope to end Scotland interest in Caulker by picking defender for Holland friendly

England boss Fabio Capello is set to call up Swansea defender Steven Caulker to his squad for next month's friendly against Holland at Wembley.

The 20-year-old, on loan from Tottenham, is eligible to play for Scotland through his grandmother but Capello is keen to tie his future down to England, according to the Daily Mirror.

The Italian watched Caulker - who has already represented the Under-21s - in Swansea'a 3-2 win over Arsenal last weekend.

FIFA rules state that Caulker will not have to choose his country of allegiance until he is 21 on December 29, and although playing in a friendly will not change this, England hope to get him involved in the senior set-up as soon as possible.

Caulker is highly-rated by Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp and is seen as the long-term replacement for captain Ledley King.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-England-Holland-friendly.html#ixzz1julOxESn

Millwall strikers come good in five-goal blast

Millwall assistant Kevin Gallen hailed his strikers, while Dagenham boss John Still was left to bemoan his missing forwards at the New Den.

A Darius Henderson hat-trick and a brace from Harry Kane saw Millwall thrash Dagenham 5-0 in their FA Cup third-round reply on Tuesday night - and Gallen has now set his hitmen the challenge of firing the Lions away from relegation trouble.

The shot-shy Lions had scored just once in their previous eight games but with fit-again Henderson now paired with on-loan Tottenham man Kane things are looking up.

"We've been saying we needed a win and to do that we needed some goals," said assistant boss Gallen. "So to score five was a good confidence boost, especially for the forwards.

"We'll see in the next few weeks whether these two guys can score the goals we need.

"We need Darius fit and firing. And Harry doesn't play like an 18-year-old, he's got ability and in my opinion those goals have been coming."

Great news for Kane.

And I know how much I've been going on about him, but it is terrific for Caulker to be doing so well. The same for Naughton as well. Excited about these two, have been watching them a fair amount.

Looks like Spurs have requested that Caulker does not take part in Swanseas FA Cup game against Bolton tomorrow.

Why would Spurs do that?

Even if Spurs and Swansea would play eachother later in the tournament, he would be ineligible by rule.

Could Spurs be considering recalling him from his loan before wednesday and do not want him cuptied? Would be strange to me, as he would not get much playing time at Spurs this season when all the other central defenders are fit.

Seems a strange one, do you have an article/source for that info?

Leave him be at Swansea, it's so much better for the long term.

By what Caulker was tweeting earlier, he will be allowed to play in the FA cup after the transfer window. Which is weird

By what Caulker was tweeting earlier, he will be allowed to play in the FA cup after the transfer window. Which is weird

I think we are waiting to see if we get a big bid from qpr for bassong and then go to blackburn and offer them very little for samba and if they say no we have the fall back of getting caulker in if king and gallas look like they wont get games.

We could also use corluka and centre back as well if pushed with livermore at right back. Maybe it is just a way of keeping the wages low.

As the Caulker deal was done at the beginning of the season, I would say we can either recall him whenever or not at all. ALso, I didn't think PL teams were allowed to recall loans from other PL teams

I know we couldn't recall Walker, City couldn't recall Hart and they can't recall Ade. Could be just a clause though not 100%

Anyone know how Townsend is doing at Leeds?

Also, I thought Mason was lent to Millwall too, but I have yet see a game where he has played and he doesn't turn up on their roster. Did he go there? Is he injured?

Back