• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2014/15 Results Comparison Thread

Fixture_Comparison_34.png

13 Swansea
11 West Ham
10 Man Utd
5 Chelsea, West Brom
4 Leicester
2 Southampton
1 Hull
0 Sunderland, Burnley
-2 Arsenal, Stoke, QPR
-3 Crystal Palace, Aston Villa
-4 Tottenham
-6 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
-7 Emirates Marketing Project
-17 Liverpool
-21 Everton

Fixture_Comparison_35.png

15 Swansea
11 West Ham
10 Man United
6 Leicester
5 Chelsea, West Brom
2 Sunderland
1 Southampton, Hull
0 Aston Villa, Burnley
-2 Arsenal, QPR
-3 Crystal Palace, Stoke
-4 Tottenham
-7 Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine
-17 Liverpool
-24 Everton

Fixture_Comparison_35.png

17 Swansea
10 Man Utd
8 West Ham
6 West Brom, Leicester
3 Chelsea, Aston Villa, Burnley
2 Sunderland
1 Southampton
0 Stoke
-2 Hull, QPR
-3 Arsenal, Crystal Palace
-7 Emirates Marketing Project, Tottenham
-9 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
-16 Liverpool
-24 Everton

So we're the (joint) 4th worst team compared to last season, not a great start from the chosen one eh?

I'd say Arsenal and QPR are getting a poor return from the money invested. Even ManU's 10 point gain isn't all that considering the players they've signed.

We're prepping for the long term and that means not playing players who have no future with the club, even though playing Dembele and Lennon would apparently somehow have propelled us into the top 4. Funny how they didn't do that when they were playing, but whatever.

I'd say Arsenal and QPR are getting a poor return from the money invested. Even ManU's 10 point gain isn't all that considering the players they've signed.

We're prepping for the long term and that means not playing players who have no future with the club, even though playing Dembele and Lennon would apparently somehow have propelled us into the top 4. Funny how they didn't do that when they were playing, but whatever.
They both seemed to get us closer than we are now.

If we're doing what you suggest then why the fcuk are we still playing the criminally bad Vlad Chiriches?

Not to mention Roberto 'barn door with a banjo' Soldado.

Are you suggesting those two are in the long term plans? (if so thank Christ I've held off so far on renewing my season ticket)

If we're doing that then why the fcuk are we still playing the criminally bad Vlad Chiriches?

Not to mention Roberto 'barn door with a banjo' Soldado?

Because right now they're the best options we have out of the ones that are available. We suddenly had 3 FBs not fit to start. Should we bring Kaboul back in the side? We have no quality beyond our starting attacking quartet. Should Ade be allowed to stink up the place any further or do we instead just give some minutes to someone who tries his best and behaves professionally?

Because right now they're the best options we have out of the ones that are available. We suddenly had 3 FBs not fit to start. Should we bring Kaboul back in the side? We have no quality beyond our starting attacking quartet. Should Ade be allowed to stink up the place any further or do we instead just give some minutes to someone who tries his best and behaves professionally?
What's wrong with Yedlin?.... Dier could've then played centrally with Fazio.

Up front, I agree we're stuffed.... Although we might as well play a youth player instead of Barn Door With a Banjo.

What's wrong with Yedlin?.... Dier could've then played centrally with Fazio.

Up front, I agree we're stuffed.... Although we might as well play a youth player instead of Barn Door With a Banjo.

might aswell play kyle walker-peters. Yedlin will never ever be a Prem player, ever. Marketing signing if I ever saw one.

might aswell play kyle walker-peters. Yedlin will never ever be a Prem player, ever. Marketing signing if I ever saw one.

And if West Brom was anything but a comfortable win you were going to leave this forum. With a little luck you have just created your second signature!

Well if we want him for marketing purposes then perhaps playing him in games like Saturday's might actually make sense. And surely he cannot actually be any worse than Vlad Chiriches?.... who is beginning to make Capoue and Soldado look competent.

Well if we want him for marketing purposes then perhaps playing him in games like Saturday's might actually make sense. And surely he cannot actually be any worse than Vlad Chiriches?.... who is beginning to make Capoue and Soldado look competent.

you may aswell be asking for bongani khumalo to start because he's got more chance than Yedlin. In fact, he'll probably be back in the MLS in a year or so.

you may aswell be asking for bongani khumalo to start because he's got more chance than Yedlin. In fact, he'll probably be back in the MLS in a year or so.
I suspect Khumalo is also better than Chiriches.... But I think he is out on loan and not an under 21 and therefore not eligible to play.

I'm assuming Chiriches has also been signed for marketing reasons and we think Romania is a bigger potential market than the US as we're actually giving him game time?

Nope, just showed promise at Steaua Bucharest and captains the Romania team - looked promising in his early stint last season before an injury and confidence was dented. Hasn't pushed on and will be promptly sold in the summer. Even so, he's played Premier League football and is more than likely to have played more games than Yedlin ever will at top level.

Nope, just showed promise at Steaua Bucharest and captains the Romania team - looked promising in his early stint last season before an injury and confidence was dented. Hasn't pushed on and will be promptly sold in the summer. Even so, he's played Premier League football and is more than likely to have played more games than Yedlin ever will at top level.
He has looked awful from the very start mate.... The long range goal away to Fulham early on may have been nice to watch, but the defending has always been pure comedy gold. As I said before if he is being sold in the summer then why is he playing at all?.... After all Dembele (who is streets ahead of Chiriches as a footballer) isn't getting game time ahead of any of Lamela, Ericksen, Chadli or Mason, all of which are horribly out of form/talent/desire* (pick any 2 or 3 as applicable) because "Pochettino isn't using players who have no future at the club"

Back