• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham (12:45 BST)

I was sceptical about the amount of younger players Fulham manager Felix Magath has been using but they have freshened up his side and given them hope - the Cottagers have now won two straight games for only the second time this season.

Hugo Rodallega has scored the winner in both of them, and he is another player to be given a chance by Magath - before his appointment in February, Rodallega had only started one league game this season.

Rodallega does not always contribute a lot to the team outside the box, or when they do not have the ball, but he can score goals and Magath has obviously weighed that up and gone with him.

With four games to go, the Cottagers are still fighting for their lives, while Tottenham are on cruise control.

The uncertainty over Tim Sherwood's future as Spurs boss will not help but, at home, I still think they will be too strong for Fulham.

That will not be the end of the Cottagers, though. After beating Norwich last week they are only two points behind the Canaries, who have a much tougher run-in.

Norwich play Liverpool on Sunday and I think the gap will still be two points at the end of the weekend. Fulham will still have hope of staying up with three games to go.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Fulham

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

WTF, top 6 team at home to a bottom 10 team and Lawro hasn't got for a 2-0 home win? I think the end of the world is nigh!

Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

Stoke are one of the good-news stories of the season.

Mark Hughes was under a bit of pressure when they were down near the bottom of the table at the end of January but, since then, he has not done much wrong.

Hughes has changed the system that the Potters played under previous boss Tony Pulis and it is working, and I can see him improving the team again this summer.

But Tottenham have taken seven points from their last three games and they are finishing the season well under Tim Sherwood.

Christian Eriksen has found some form and Harry Kane has started to look a decent player since coming into the team.

I am backing them to continue their good run.

Lawro's prediction: Stoke City 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur (12:45 BST)

After four defeats out of four in April, it feels like the pressure is back on West Ham manager Sam Allardyce.

Allardyce is one of several Premier League managers who cannot be sure they will be in the same job come the start of next season. The Hammers owners have got a big decision to make.

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood is another man whose future is uncertain, although his team's form is completely the opposite to West Ham's - his side have picked up 10 points out of a possible 12 in the same period.

Sherwood will be driving them on to end the campaign with two more wins because that would equal Spurs' record points tally of 72 in the Premier League era.

But, because this is a London derby, current form does not come into it much.

West Ham have already beaten Spurs twice at White Hart Lane this season in the league and Capital One Cup and I have a feeling they will pick up another point on home turf on Saturday.

Lawro's prediction: West Ham United 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood has done a good job but I do think it was made easier by the fact he knew relatively early on that he was not going to stay in charge beyond the end of the season.

Aston Villa are another club with doubts over their manager. Paul Lambert has kept them up but his future rests with what Villa's owner Randy Lerner wants to do - invest more money, or sell up.

Like many others, Villa fans should expect a busy summer. This year, it might be more about managers coming and going than ever before.

I think the managerial transfer window for Premier League clubs will open shortly after the season ends on Sunday.

From Manchester United to West Brom, there is a long list of clubs who could be changing their manager, and it will be very interesting to see where everybody ends up.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Aston Villa

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood has done a good job but I do think it was made easier by the fact he knew relatively early on that he was not going to stay in charge beyond the end of the season.

Aston Villa are another club with doubts over their manager. Paul Lambert has kept them up but his future rests with what Villa's owner Randy Lerner wants to do - invest more money, or sell up.

Like many others, Villa fans should expect a busy summer. This year, it might be more about managers coming and going than ever before.

I think the managerial transfer window for Premier League clubs will open shortly after the season ends on Sunday.

From Manchester United to West Brom, there is a long list of clubs who could be changing their manager, and it will be very interesting to see where everybody ends up.

Only a Twunt would think one's job is easier because everyone knows your being sacked. Quite the opposite.

Here's how the final Premier League Table looks like if all of Lawro's 2013-14 predictions were correct...

P508_zps9fbee751.png

Last edited:
Here's how the final Premier League Table looks like if all of Lawro's 2013-14 predictions were correct...

P508_zps9fbee751.png

Do you think Lawro is now aware of these kind of tables and can start to adjust predictions accordingly to make him look like less of a twunt? First season in ages the final table doesnt look to mental

I love how Lawro's preview of the game involves him talking in completely general terms about the mangerial future around the Premiership that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game, then a 2-0 home win plonked on the end. Brilliant twunting.

Do you think Lawro is now aware of these kind of tables and can start to adjust predictions accordingly to make him look like less of a twunt? First season in ages the final table doesnt look to mental

Well Lawro's production manager at the BBC has been in contact with me about the table I publish for several years now, so I think it's fair to assume he does know about it!

Back