• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

they are capable of staying close to Liverpool right until the end in the race for the top four.

But Liverpool has 4th sewn up already in his mind I suppose.

Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City (Sunday, 16:30 GMT)

Cardiff are in deep trouble at the bottom of the table and, as a rookie Premier League manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer faces a huge task to keep them up.

In fact, I look at the Welsh side and think they are doomed.

I certainly don't see them getting anything at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham looked flat in their defeat by Norwich last week and they are now heavily reliant on Emmanuel Adebayor to lead their attack.

A top-four finish for Spurs is still the target for their manager Tim Sherwood but I am not sure they will get it.

I would expect them to beat Cardiff, but I would not say the same about their next game, which is against Chelsea.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Cardiff City

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

Just has to have that little dig at the end, save it for your Spurs v Chelsea pre match review you f****** TWUNT face

Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (17:30 GMT)

The title race is getting very interesting. With Emirates Marketing Project playing in the FA Cup this weekend, a Chelsea win would open up a nine-point gap between them and Manuel Pellegrini's side, who will be fourth.

City would go top if they won their games in hand but Chelsea still have the upper hand because you are always better off having the points.

What must be worrying for Pellegrini is that, as we approach the end of the season, Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still doing what he does best, which is winning games regardless of how well his team play.

Tottenham were a bit flaky in their win over Cardiff last weekend.

If Christian Eriksen is fit, that might help Tottenham's cause, but it will not affect the outcome. I can only see a Chelsea win on Saturday.

Lawro's prediction: Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal (Sunday 16th March 16:00)

If Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood wanted to give his players a dressing down, he probably should have done it in the dressing room.

That is where you name names.

You do it behind closed doors and you don't need to tell the media. It gets out eventually but it is not the manager's job to put it out there.

I think Sherwood spoke out in the way he did after his side were beaten by Chelsea because we are coming to the end of the season and he is feeling the pressure.

I am not surprised, because more and more in the papers I am reading it could be Louis van Gaal or somebody else taking over in the summer and Sherwood will be reading that too.

Sherwood has done a good job, and is doing everything he possibly can, but it might not be enough for him to stay in charge. It means that, yet again, there is uncertainty around White Hart Lane.

Arsenal are out of Europe now, which is not a surprise because of what happened in the first leg against Bayern Munich.

The Gunners had a tough game in Germany but Spurs played in the Europa League on Thursday so that should even it out.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Arsenal

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal (Sunday 16th March 16:00)

If Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood wanted to give his players a dressing down, he probably should have done it in the dressing room.

That is where you name names.

You do it behind closed doors and you don't need to tell the media. It gets out eventually but it is not the manager's job to put it out there.

I think Sherwood spoke out in the way he did after his side were beaten by Chelsea because we are coming to the end of the season and he is feeling the pressure.

I am not surprised, because more and more in the papers I am reading it could be Louis van Gaal or somebody else taking over in the summer and Sherwood will be reading that too.

Sherwood has done a good job, and is doing everything he possibly can, but it might not be enough for him to stay in charge. It means that, yet again, there is uncertainty around White Hart Lane.

Arsenal are out of Europe now, which is not a surprise because of what happened in the first leg against Bayern Munich.

The Gunners had a tough game in Germany but Spurs played in the Europa League on Thursday so that should even it out.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Arsenal

I've seen stupid predictions from this man in the past but this tops it off. We will get royally twunted on Sunday.

Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (Sunday, 13:30 GMT)

Spurs have all sorts of injury worries. They are a mess. They're paying the price for signing too many players. They don't know what their best 11 is and we're coming towards the end of March. I think it's very difficult to get a fantastic dressing room spirit when you've signed so many players. They signed too many.

All the speculation over Tim Sherwood isn't helping. Sherwood's done okay, a decent job. But you realise he's not going to get the long-term job. He'll get another job somewhere else. He started extremely well but Tottenham's problem isn't the manager, it's not knowing the best team. It's held them back.

They've tried to play two up front, they've tried Christian Eriksen behind the striker, they've played him on the left. That's why they've not made the Champions League - they know they won't finish in the top four.

I really don't think they are any better now than they were under Andre Villas-Boas. They've missed Gareth Bale because he won so many games late on for them.

Southampton have a good side - they have players playing to get to the World Cup, which is great for the manager, and I think they'll win.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Southampton

He started extremely well but Tottenham's problem isn't the manager, it's not knowing the best team. It's held them back.

I know I'm rarely kind to YTS, and I'm not going to start now but surely it's the manager's job to know the best 11. If the problem is not knowing our best 11 (I don't think it is) then how can it not be the manager's fault?

Twunt

I know I'm rarely kind to YTS, and I'm not going to start now but surely it's the manager's job to know the best 11. If the problem is not knowing our best 11 (I don't think it is) then how can it not be the manager's fault?

Twunt

How do you know? TS may or may not know his strongest team. However, with our injury list there has been no way he has been able to field probably his strongest XI in a SINGLE game this season. Indeed, has he even been able to field the same team in consecutive matches? I doubt it.

How do you know? TS may or may not know his strongest team. However, with our injury list there has been no way he has been able to field probably his strongest XI in a SINGLE game this season. Indeed, has he even been able to field the same team in consecutive matches? I doubt it.

Reading fail.

I was responding to Lawro's suggestion that Timmeh doesn't know his best 11 and therefore it's not his fault.

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

Liverpool's games get tougher now. I think they're starting to believe they can win the league - and that belief grows game by game.

Sunderland made it difficult against them on Wednesday.

It felt like Liverpool started to tighten up after scoring twice.

Sunderland made changes and started to have a go and it looked closer than it should have been.

Manager Brendan Rodgers rightly points out that if Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea win all their games, they can't win it.

They'd love to, but they're reliant on other results and I don't think Liverpool will go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

I don't think Tottenham will go to Anfield and try to defend.

In fact, I don't think they can defend.

And I don't see them starting next season with Tim Sherwood in charge.

He's done a good job but when he got the 18-month contract, everyone thought he'd probably be manager until the end of the year and they'd bring someone else in.

I think he'll get a job somewhere else.

I like the fact he's tried to organise Tottenham and change the way they play.

Their problems started last July or August when they signed too many players.

The dynamic of the dressing room is very difficult.

I still believe they don't know what their best team is.

Lawro's prediction: Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2013-14 Premier League Predictions

I like the fact he's tried to organise Tottenham and change the way they play.

dr-evil.jpg

If, by some miracle, Spurs do manage to come away from Anfield with all three points, Lawro would have under-estimated us by 9 points for the season so far.

Back