• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
Crystal Palace v Tottenham

In lots of ways, Palace under Ian Holloway in the Premier League remind me of Blackpool under Ian Holloway in the Premier League - they are going to look to get lots of players forward and score lots of goals. They will probably concede lots too, but it is going to be fun to watch them!

Palace will have a go at teams, starting with Spurs on Sunday, but I cannot help but feel it will end up with the same outcome as when Blackpool had their season in the top flight in 2010-11, which was relegation.

If they keep hold of Gareth Bale, then Tottenham will push Arsenal all the way for fourth-place again. Will they keep him? Well, I am not sure Real Madrid have got enough money to buy him, or if they actually need him that badly.

If Bale stays, then that will be a big boost but Spurs have already strengthened their squad and spent a lot of money on Paulinho from Corinthians and Roberto Soldado from Valencia.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

I was struggling to find my twunt of the day and then this was posted....

Flawless Victory

TWUNT!!

2-1.

It seems a common score. We won 8 and lost 1 last season.

Any stats for other clubs?

Edit: We scored 2 or more 10 times at home and 13 times away.

Last edited:
David James' predicitons are red hot too

BRuETeSCEAA3ldj.jpg

Tottenham v Swansea (16:00)

Lawro the Twunt says...

Tottenham impressed me against Crystal Palace last week - their win was very, very comfortable.

Their manager Andre Villas-Boas will probably have signed another three players by the time Sunday comes around and, even with Gareth Bale's exit to Real Madrid looking more and more likely, they have been pro-active in the transfer market this summer.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is a shrewd operator because, if Bale goes, that covers the price of all the players they have brought in. Given what he has done so far, the signing of the summer could be technical director Franco Baldini.

In terms of what Baldini has got them for their money, Spurs have got numbers and quality. Last week I said Arsenal would finish fourth - but on the back of the spate of Spurs signings, I would have to change that and go for them to finish in that spot, pushing on for third.

Villas Boas has shipped out the likes of Parker and Tom Huddlestone and is trying to take Spurs to the next level with people like Roberto Soldado and Willian.

I am going for a Tottenham win again. Swansea will keep the ball and be neat and tidy but I don't think they have got enough to trouble Spurs.

Swansea's start to the season, first against Manchester United and now Spurs, has been extremely tough but they do not have anything to worry about - as long as they keep hold of their best players.

Prediction: 2-0

Back