• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tevez Returns - How convenient

Emirates Marketing Project fans say Tevez needs to perform on the pitch to win them over.

How many games has he played in the Prem this season? part of me thinks he wants another possible medal? so getting back to City now he could get enough games in for the end of the season to qualify.

Hopefully he'll disrupt them completely. Their striker options are just ridiculousa now, though. Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko...plus the likes of Silva and Nasri. And they have Bad Ade and Santa Cruz out on loan. Oh the joy of being rich.

From James Lawton - The Independent:

City would be putting their desire to win title ahead of morals if Tevez plays for them

Now that the Suarez affair has dragged football into ultimate ignominy ÔÇô the worry of a bank that its image is being tarnished by association with Liverpool Football Club (it's a bit like Al Capone complaining about the exorbitant cost of a glass of rye) ÔÇô you have to wonder if the reputation of the English game has much further to fall.

Unfortunately, with the return of Carlos Tevez to the club and the city on which he has heaped so much distaste and mockery, it is showing the potential. There are compromises and compromises, of course, but this surely is a case of stooping very low indeed to conquer.

The idea of Tevez wearing again the colours of the Emirates Marketing Project he chose to abandon on that pivotal night in Munich last September, and whose manager, Roberto Mancini, he now declares "treated him like a dog," surely goes beyond the terrain of a grown-up solution to the problems of both parties. It takes us into an extremely dark place, one where the concept of loyalty would be stretched to the point of ridicule.

Some crimes, you have to believe, go beyond forgiveness and if what Tevez has done to City over the last few months, if his behaviour towards the owners of the contract that made him one of the world's richest players, and his manager and his team-mates and his supporters, does not fly into this category, we have to conclude that in football nothing does.

Both Mancini and Tevez may have things to gain from some kind of accommodation. Mancini might just get an infusion of firepower at a vital point in a title challenge which has looked problematic in recent weeks. Tevez might just rehabilitate himself to the point where a serious football club would consider taking him away from Manchester without risking the charge of near criminal negligence in the face of wholesale anarchy. But then who has most to lose?

It is surely Mancini. He is on the record as saying that Tevez's behaviour in Munich and his subsequent defiance put him beyond the pale blue of City. Maybe Tevez would crucially augment the goals supply in a way beyond the recent powers of such as Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli, but at what cost to the standing of both Mancini and the club? How could Mancini call for ultimate professional standards, befitting those of champions and challengers to the greatest teams in Europe, while still harbouring a player who once contemptuously dismissed his orders during one of the most important games in the history of the club?

Win or lose with Tevez, City would be saying that there isn't anything more important than the striving for the right result, however it is fashioned, and however much respect for certain values is drained away. In the week that has seen Liverpool brought to heel by the absent American ownership over the fallout caused by the Suarez affair, the Abu Dhabi overlords of City for the moment at least appear to countenance the idea of Tevez's return to action on their behalf. Perhaps they believe this is merely to exploit, at a late hour, an extremely expensive asset and that with Financial Fair Play on the horizon the move represents a business-like stab at some damage control.

If this is indeed the case, Sheikh Mansour, owner of the world's richest football club, might need to reflect on something more than a still hazard-filled, short-term advantage.

Putting faith in Tevez's ability to support anyone's interests but his own does not on the face of it look like the soundest instinct. But there is, surely, another hugely important factor. It is how Emirates Marketing Project, so relatively early in their huge "project", think of themselves and what values they imagine they are putting in place. The irony is that in the absence of arguably their most influential player, Yaya Tour?®, City have at times shown a quite ferocious commitment to the concept of the team ÔÇô the element which had often looked most elusive as City stockpiled their signings. If Aguero's goals have ebbed away, his passion remains an ennobling aspect of a team fighting under great pressure to reimpose its authority. Joe Hart continues to grow and there have been especially impressive examples of commitment from such as Gareth Barry and James Milner.

These might still be the days of the making of Emirates Marketing Project and evidence that Mancini, despite many misgivings, is indeed the man to carry the club to another level. Yet there is still another possibility and this week it has taken on a nightmarish dimension. It is of City failing after announcing that they still needed the services of the player who betrayed them that night in the Munich stadium more profoundly than anyone could previously have imagined. Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing, a great coach once said. But is it really? Not, you have to suspect, when it requires the help of someone quite as faithless as Carlos Tevez.

Here we go then:

Carlos Tevez has issued an unreserved apology "to everybody I have let down" at Emirates Marketing Project following his five-month battle with the club and declared his hope that Roberto Mancini will now allow him to return to action.

The striker had a dramatic fallout with his manager after refusing to warm-up during a Champions League group game at Bayern Munich on 27 September and then went awol, returning to his homeland in Argentina without permission for three months. Although Mancini is yet to see Tevez since the latter returned to the club last week, the manager is said to be at ease with the development.

Tevez said: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Emirates Marketing Project."

It is understood that Tevez, who has been training in the afternoons away from the first-team squad as he regains fitness, met the director of football, Brian Marwood, at the club's Carrington complex and other members of staff on Tuesday afternoon. Having arrived at around 3.30pm for the session that included a two hour work-out before gym work, Mancini had already left but was kept fully informed.

Earlier in the day, the manager had been asked about Tevez ahead of Wednesday evening's Europa League last-32 second leg with Porto at the Etihad Stadium but unaware that the striker was about to apologise he refused to talk about the subject, saying: "We have another three months to talk about Carlos Tevez."

With Tevez's apology being unreserved and unconditional, whether Mancini will now consider selecting him as he seeks to guide City to a first championship since 1968 is the next issue. Immediately after the incident at Bayern the Italian declared Tevez as "finished" at City and last Monday, on the day before his return, Tevez gave an interview in which he accused the Italian of treating him "like a dog" that evening.

With Tevez also announcing he has withdrawn his appeal to the Premier League for the ?ú1.2m fine – approximately six weeks' wages – for his decision to fly to Argentina, it remains to be decided whether the club will fine him for the outburst last week. If so, Tevez can expect to forfeit two weeks' wages, amounting to ?ú400,000.

The striker would apparently be welcomed back into the dressing room by his team-mates – last week James Milner stated he "did not understand the difficulties" regarding Tevez's return to the club and hours before Tevez's apology Samir Nasri said: "I think he's an important player for us and any team in Europe because he has quality. I don't know what happened but if he has to apologise he has to do that because then he will be in the squad. We need someone with that quality to win the Europa League and the Premier League but it's up to Carlos and the club to deal with."

Here we go then:

Carlos Tevez has issued an unreserved apology "to everybody I have let down" at Emirates Marketing Project following his five-month battle with the club and declared his hope that Roberto Mancini will now allow him to return to action.

The striker had a dramatic fallout with his manager after refusing to warm-up during a Champions League group game at Bayern Munich on 27 September and then went awol, returning to his homeland in Argentina without permission for three months. Although Mancini is yet to see Tevez since the latter returned to the club last week, the manager is said to be at ease with the development.

Tevez said: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Emirates Marketing Project."

It is understood that Tevez, who has been training in the afternoons away from the first-team squad as he regains fitness, met the director of football, Brian Marwood, at the club's Carrington complex and other members of staff on Tuesday afternoon. Having arrived at around 3.30pm for the session that included a two hour work-out before gym work, Mancini had already left but was kept fully informed.

Earlier in the day, the manager had been asked about Tevez ahead of Wednesday evening's Europa League last-32 second leg with Porto at the Etihad Stadium but unaware that the striker was about to apologise he refused to talk about the subject, saying: "We have another three months to talk about Carlos Tevez."

With Tevez's apology being unreserved and unconditional, whether Mancini will now consider selecting him as he seeks to guide City to a first championship since 1968 is the next issue. Immediately after the incident at Bayern the Italian declared Tevez as "finished" at City and last Monday, on the day before his return, Tevez gave an interview in which he accused the Italian of treating him "like a dog" that evening.

With Tevez also announcing he has withdrawn his appeal to the Premier League for the ?ú1.2m fine – approximately six weeks' wages – for his decision to fly to Argentina, it remains to be decided whether the club will fine him for the outburst last week. If so, Tevez can expect to forfeit two weeks' wages, amounting to ?ú400,000.

The striker would apparently be welcomed back into the dressing room by his team-mates – last week James Milner stated he "did not understand the difficulties" regarding Tevez's return to the club and hours before Tevez's apology Samir Nasri said: "I think he's an important player for us and any team in Europe because he has quality. I don't know what happened but if he has to apologise he has to do that because then he will be in the squad. We need someone with that quality to win the Europa League and the Premier League but it's up to Carlos and the club to deal with."

Clearly written by his agent.

3 weeks to the day from the close of the transfer window. "Ah well, I'm not going anywhere for now, might as well play a bit".

3 weeks to the day from the close of the transfer window. "Ah well, I'm not going anywhere for now, might as well play a bit".

Emirates Marketing Project struggling with results and 'he'll never play for us again' becomes 'he can play if he says he's sorry'. Classy behaviour from a club 'doing it the right way'.

vince-mcmahon.jpg

Whats the chances he's got something written in his contract that if they win the premiership he'll get half million pound bonus or something crass like that.......and to claim it he's got to be available to play.

Mancini,says he's not going to play for them again.......and now because they can't score and man ure and us getting too close for comfort he backs down and waves the white flag at tevez.

I think it was on the football ramble, I heard if they win the league he gets a wage rise, double or something

November 18, 2011:

The Emirates Marketing Project manager, Roberto Mancini, has repeated his belief that Carlos Tevez has played his last game for the club. City found Tevez guilty of five breaches of contract for refusing to warm up in a Champions League match against Bayern Munich in September.

Tevez was suspended for two weeks and had a four-week fine halved after the intervention of the Professional Footballers Association. The striker flew home to Argentina early last week without permission from City and failed to return for scheduled talks with the club.

Asked if Tevez could play for City again, Mancini replied: "I don't think so. I know he is in Argentina. I don't know what he is doing."

Feb 22, 2012:

Emirates Marketing Project manager Roberto Mancini said on Wednesday he had "no problem" with Carlos Tevez and the striker could be considered for selection in "two or three weeks".

Tevez said in a statement released by City on Tuesday night that he was "sincerely and unreservedly" sorry for his actions in taking an unauthorised three-month leave of absence from the club. The Argentinian also withdrew his appeal against a fine of six weeks' wages.

Tevez has not played for City since he was accused of refusing to warm up during the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich on 27 September. However, after Wednesday's 4-0 defeat of Porto booked City's place in the last 16 of the Europa League, Mancini said Tevez would be available once he deems him match fit.

The Italian told ESPN: "One week after Munich I called him to my house and said, 'Carlos, apologise to everyone and it's finished'. I have no problem. I think he needs two to three weeks to train, then some games."

Sooooo, one week after the game he apparently says apologize and it's all over, then six weeks after that he says he won't play for the club again.

Here's his statement after the Bayern game: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2011/sep/28/carlos-tevez-manchester-city-roberto-mancini-video?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Classy club.

Back