• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

My son is so upset at never seeing Federer live, the two teams we did the ATP finals he was injured and the times we got Wimbledon tickets were not for his games.

Did tell him he saw Messi and Ronaldo at Wembley but it did not seem to console him.

My son is so upset at never seeing Federer live, the two teams we did the ATP finals he was injured and the times we got Wimbledon tickets were not for his games.

Did tell him he saw Messi and Ronaldo at Wembley but it did not seem to console him.
Demand may have just got nuts but is it worth a punt on last minute Laver cup tickets at the O2 for his last event?

Demand may have just got nuts but is it worth a punt on last minute Laver cup tickets at the O2 for his last event?

You could try, he is away that week and he is the tennis fan. Only go to spend time with him.

If you can get more then one I would think you could scalp any spares.

Not a huge tennis fan but what Murray did today was insane. 4am finish is ridiculous

Saw a few clips, amazing he can still play like that at his age with all the injuries.

Tennis really need to do something about these night games, seen a few where they finish really late. Not fair on the players at all, I know this was a long game but it started at 10, most mens games are around 2.5 hours so at best it would be close to 1.

Not a huge tennis fan but what Murray did today was insane. 4am finish is ridiculous

He was.That rally in the 3rd set was outrageous.

Sadly, not a criticism because he has been a great player, but more than likely he will go out next round, no matter who his opponent. That will have taken a massive toll on his body.
Years ago it would not have been a problem, he was like a machine. His next opponent must have loved how long he was on court, must have been like a football team having to play extra time for another 2 hours.

Good luck to him though, would be great if we could get 3 Brits into the Last 16

He was.That rally in the 3rd set was outrageous.

Sadly, not a criticism because he has been a great player, but more than likely he will go out next round, no matter who his opponent. That will have taken a massive toll on his body.
Years ago it would not have been a problem, he was like a machine. His next opponent must have loved how long he was on court, must have been like a football team having to play extra time for another 2 hours.

Good luck to him though, would be great if we could get 3 Brits into the Last 16

I was thinking that earlier, the toll must be huge

Saw a few clips, amazing he can still play like that at his age with all the injuries.

Tennis really need to do something about these night games, seen a few where they finish really late. Not fair on the players at all, I know this was a long game but it started at 10, most mens games are around 2.5 hours so at best it would be close to 1.

Murray was right when he asked “who does it benefit?”. Doesn’t help the players, the fans get home late, the umpires, ball boys/girls, line judges, referees etc would all be knackered at 4am, no one would be awake in Australia watching it live. 8pm should be the latest start time for a night session match.

Has anyone seen that SheikhMcNuggets fella? I want my £20K and I'll let him off the compound interest.

Nice to see Murray win two smaller events, great that his body is holding up for him.

Emma needs a rest and long break from game I reckon https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65944089

Not great reading
A rest? A long break? You've got to be joking...she's only just bloody started!

I'm jesting of course....I have a feeling she's being pushed and pulled as the dynamic has changed between what she needs as a top level player and the incessant input of her father.

A rest? A long break? You've got to be joking...she's only just bloody started!

I'm jesting of course....I have a feeling she's being pushed and pulled as the dynamic has changed between what she needs as a top level player and the incessant input of her father.

Haha

Yeh I just get mental health "I don't wanna be here vibes" when it gets like that...something has to give

Singles is always stressful to watch for me but this is now a hell of a match.

Alcaraz looked like a deer in the headlights in the first set but fought back well to get it back to 1 - 1, it would have been a massive shame if it was a trouncing.

Novak is making untypical errors and not serving brilliantly. Some ridiculously good shots from both players.

Singles is always stressful to watch for me but this is now a hell of a match.

Alcaraz looked like a deer in the headlights in the first set but fought back well to get it back to 1 - 1, it would have been a massive shame if it was a trouncing.

Novak is making untypical errors and not serving brilliantly. Some ridiculously good shots from both players.

Yes, it's turning into a cracking final.

I have become more and more disinterested in tennis over the years, but for some reason Wimbledon this year is drawing me back in.

Yes, it's turning into a cracking final.

I have become more and more disinterested in tennis over the years, but for some reason Wimbledon this year is drawing me back in.

I've only jumped on the bandwagon for the final but it's been great as you say. My parents did go down for a day and caught the ladies doubles which had been their to do list for a while.

I'm much more in to the singles, it's almost gladiatorial how grueling it is physically and emotionally, that last game almost went on for half an hour ffs, there was so much riding on it. Looks like the second set for Carlos unless Novak goes in to full on terminator mode but he looks a little tired and agitated imo

Back