• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

Absolutely! She's got everything, if she holds it all together (and has the right support) she's someone we'll be cheering on for years to come and she'll benefit personally and financially. (Jealous moi? :rolleyes:)

We were out to dinner this evening and as we had finished eating I was keeping half an eye on the tennis on my phone. There was a group of people we know sitting at the table behind us and as Emma Raducanu won I spun round to tell them. Straight off I heard 'oh, the Romanian-Canadian-Chinese 'British' girl has won'. I just despair of people sometimes. I am thrilled for her. What an absolutely brilliant achievement regardless of where she hails from. It's great for us that she is British - except for those for whom she doesn't count.

We were out to dinner this evening and as we had finished eating I was keeping half an eye on the tennis on my phone. There was a group of people we know sitting at the table behind us and as Emma Raducanu won I spun round to tell them. Straight off I heard 'oh, the Romanian-Canadian-Chinese 'British' girl has won'. I just despair of people sometimes. I am thrilled for her. What an absolutely brilliant achievement regardless of where she hails from. It's great for us that she is British - except for those for whom she doesn't count.
I had the same from one of my pals !!!
I love how well she speaks at just 18, what a brilliant talent

As they should be, but that's not quite the same as going to a comp on a sink estate.

(Yeah apologies for the quote thing)

Well you guys carry on discrediting her then.

I wish there less miserabilists and more families like hers around.[/QUOTE]
I'm not discrediting anyone - her achievement is incredible. I just don't see the need to invent a "rags to riches" story like some of the press do.

They are utter bellends of the highest order

Incredible match, the standard was so high. Can't even imagine what it must feel like winning like that at only 18 what an achievement.

Some people pride themselves on being able to suck the joy out of a bouncy castle. Makes up for their own sad lives.

American player (who's first name, strangely, is Tennys) gets hit in the plums when a ball boy lobs him a tennis ball, so he angrily whacks the (tennis) ball away with his racquet, it bounces off a fence and smacks a line judge up the arse. Tennys gets disqualified.

No footage available but I'm laughing just picturing it in my mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58569560

Really excited for tonight and watching Norrie in the finals. My son never got into football but he absolutely loves tennis.

We are going to stay up and watch him. Got my snacks ready. Elderflower water, pistachio nuts and baklava made by my Lebanese friend. It is my perfect snack.

Back