• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

Rusedski showing what a dinosaur he is. He wants more serve vollyers and is complaining about tennis being too slow. Bore off! Tennis is better now than it has ever been in my lifetime! Who wants to see players with no skill like Rusedski with big serves and then come into the net to crash away the volley?

Agreed.

Been a funny tournament for Murray, with two of his opponents withdrawing. He never got a chance to get a rhythm going, and will have lacked a little sharpness, against many opponents it would be tough, against Djok it becomes near enough hopeless.

Agreed.

Been a funny tournament for Murray, with two of his opponents withdrawing. He never got a chance to get a rhythm going, and will have lacked a little sharpness, against many opponents it would be tough, against Djok it becomes near enough hopeless.

On the contrary you could argue he's played 2 games less so should be extra fit and rested compared to Djokovic.

Novak's forehand won him the game last night, Murray simply couldn't cope with that.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's fair enough, but rhythm is important, hard to get into that when you're schedule is stop start

Rusedski showing what a dinosaur he is. He wants more serve vollyers and is complaining about tennis being too slow. Bore off! Tennis is better now than it has ever been in my lifetime! Who wants to see players with no skill like Rusedski with big serves and then come into the net to crash away the volley?

Not sure about that mate. I do think it's the deepest era and fitness wise the players are amazing. But put a sodden racket in their hands and see how they fair!! Also alot of ball gadgets these days. Ni slice, serve and volley, general artistry like you used to have. That's why I like the likes or Murray and Gasquet, they don't just mindlessly bray the ball.

Robeson did well to come through qualies. Highest ranked 18 year old in the world and a future top 10 payer IMO. Watson looks top20 material as well.

Lol. Murrays back was fudged. Trainer in court looked like a certain retirement!! Jumped in at 9/2 which is silly odds thinking its worth a go. Looks like it was a back spasm and he's back on track. Bonus!!!

Some great games last night - Djokovic saved 4 match-points against Tsonga and came back to win 3:2. The Frenchman didn't put a foot wrong and played some of his best tennis so it must have been devastating. Shame.

Federer came back from 2 sets down to defeat Del Potro who appeared to be struggling with a knee injury. Amazing stamina from Roger who has now equalled Connors' record of 31 GS semi-finals!

Murray up against Ferrer later today for a spot in the semis while Nadal faces in-form Almagro who's won 2 titles already this year. Slightly off topic - but why does Murray wear those brick-ugly black trainers and socks - really doesn't suit him at all?

He wears ankle supports on the clay so the shoes look massive!! I like the new shorter haircut though. The birds nest look wasn't the best.

Some great games last night - Djokovic saved 4 match-points against Tsonga and came back to win 3:2. The Frenchman didn't put a foot wrong and played some of his best tennis so it must have been devastating. Shame.

Federer came back from 2 sets down to defeat Del Potro who appeared to be struggling with a knee injury. Amazing stamina from Roger who has now equalled Connors' record of 31 GS semi-finals!

Murray up against Ferrer later today for a spot in the semis while Nadal faces in-form Almagro who's won 2 titles already this year. Slightly off topic - but why does Murray wear those brick-ugly black trainers and socks - really doesn't suit him at all?

I feel pretty sorry for Tsonga, he played some great tennis yesterday. He had a beautiful touch on his drop shots and you could see Djokovic was well rattled at points through the match. The bloke is a machine though.

I feel pretty sorry for Tsonga, he played some great tennis yesterday. He had a beautiful touch on his drop shots and you could see Djokovic was well rattled at points through the match. The bloke is a machine though.

The fact he was still smashing at full-force while having to save 2 consecutive match-points was mind-boggling. Tsonga's back hand let him down at times, imv - he relies on brute forces more often than not whereas Novak always plays the long game and places his shots carefully along the baseline as opposed to mindless bashing and volleying.

The fact he was still smashing at full-force while having to save 2 consecutive match-points was mind-boggling. Tsonga's back hand let him down at times, imv - he relies on brute forces more often than not whereas Novak always plays the long game and places his shots carefully along the baseline as opposed to mindless bashing and volleying.

Unforced errors all over the place for Tsonga to be honest. It's a shame as the rest of his game was tidy and he was keeping up with Djok on most other stats.

He wears ankle supports on the clay so the shoes look massive!! I like the new shorter haircut though. The birds nest look wasn't the best.

He's worn the ankle supports since he had problems as a junior I think? They said on the commentary that he recently tried to play without them after forgetting them for a practice session and felt lighter around the court (obviously didn't last long though!)

He also said he shaved his head to try out the Agassi look but then regretted it straight away so he's trying to grow it back haha!

Man I have watched too much Tennis this week!

Back