• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tendentious, lazily researched clickbait: the quarantine thread for abysmal articles.

That is so bad I found it quite funny. We should all be slitting our wrists at how "broken" we are.

Part of a narrative though. Radio 4 this morning were highlighting our 30,000 empty seats. Which of course means 50,000 occupied seats. In fact the attendance was just short of 57k which is more than respectable for an evening game against a team many thought we would lose to in a stadium many fans are fed up with.

Painful + damaging +embarrassing + broken?

No, I don’t get it. I kinda think they’re trying to infer something, but it’s just a touch too subtle and I can’t quite hone in on it. Are they maybe suggesting delicately that there might perhaps be a small problem?

Goddam, I hate all this dancing around handbags!

Why can’t they just use a strong clear word or two to sum up what they mean?! Help me out F365 for Pete’s sake, spoon feed it to me - why not spell it out in the URL just so I blind retarded llama couldn’t miss it?!!!
Dammit man, JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

I hate the conflation of “infer” with “imply”, so perhaps we could move this discussion to the English usage thread? The one that gets derailed occasionally with new stadium discussion?

I was speaking of course from the perspective of the listener, but I do accept your point. Hate is such a strong word though. Are you sure you don’t mean ‘dislike’.

I’m not aware of the thread to which you refer (sorry, ‘rmply’) though.....

....Do you mean the “the Jon laughs at Spurs Community ITKs, but a load of bed wetters soil themselves and go off at him, thread”?

Oh no, it's hate. Implacable, seething fury. Don't get me started on refute, rebut and repudiate, either.

The Fighting rooster has a specific thread for mocking SC's ludicrous fabulators, which is the only thing worth adopting from that wretched hive of villainy.

Oh no, it's hate. Implacable, seething fury. Don't get me started on refute, rebut and repudiate, either.

The Fighting rooster has a specific thread for mocking SC's ludicrous fabulators, which is the only thing worth adopting from that wretched hive of villainy.

We used to do that, but it's not even worth laughing at these days. ITK has gone the way most of world has these days, everyone just rehashing each other. They can't even be bothered to make brick up any more.

Clicked on an article this morning which went a little bit like this:

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez ready to wait for Mauricio Pochettino
EXCLUSIVE: The Spanish side are keen to hand Santiago Solari the reigns until the end of the season

Thinks Steve McManaman

Clicked on an article this morning which went a little bit like this:

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez ready to wait for Mauricio Pochettino
EXCLUSIVE: The Spanish side are keen to hand Santiago Solari the reigns until the end of the season

Thinks Steve McManaman

This is incredible news

Mcmanamanamanaman can think

Back