• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Television Coverage Of Spurs

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
As a maximum VirginMedia subscriber (meaning I get every TV channel they have to offer) I'm confused as to what I can expect to get in the coming season.

I want to be able to watch every Spurs game that's transmitted regardless of which platform it's available on plus - having a Bale hangover - as many RM games as possible.

So first up, am I right in assuming the same channels as last season will continue screening live Europa games this coming season?

Secondly, with Sky apparently moving coverage of some European footy including all their live La Liga coverage over to their newly created Sky Sports 5 channel for 2014/15 will I have to go down the pub for these games, as VM have informed me today they're package for the coming season will include Sky Sports 1,2,3 and 4 only?

Got a letter two days ago to say my bill was going up £4.. I think sky has risen every year... since I can remember.. certainly near £15 the past three years.

And this free broadband offer for two years is a sneaky way to keep sky customers on sky when BT sport reveal there champions league coverage as the sky customers will be tied into the second year of there contracts.

As far as I am concerned I have had enough of there smart **** deals that IMO are conning the public. I already had Spanish football, now they are trying to sell it to me again as a special product deal.

I think time has come, the moment my box breaks down I shall be leaving them.. and just getting the best internet you can buy and watch everything on a stream. Last year I was getting brilliant 1500k free streams to watch BT sport.

My Sky bill all in is now £118 month.

Last edited:
I got BT Sport last year. It feels like its free but I'm sure if I looked at the difference in broadband costs between them and the cheapest alternative it would work out I'm paying a few quid.

Instead of Sky I've got a NowTV box. You pay £10 for a 24 hour pass. It sounds a lot but I actually only really use Sky to watch Tottenham. So if they are on Sky less than twice a month it works out cheaper. (Plus I always have the "option" to go to a pub and spend my tenner on food and drinks while watching the Spurs :) )

I think if I were back in my batchelor days Id be looking into getting a non-UK satelitte box to watch games broadcast via the Middle East etc.

I think if I were back in my batchelor days Id be looking into getting a non-UK satelitte box to watch games broadcast via the Middle East etc.

But which is the best for that? I Too am getting sick now of Sky constantly raising the prices every year. Mine is not the whopping £120 some of you have ( do you have multi room? ) But i have the complete packaged for £80 ( no broadband, I got BT to get the sport ) its just stupid now. I got a portuguses satellite that shows prem games at 3pm on Saturday. But we sacked AVB so they show us less now. That was only £15 a month and shows all the live games sky does.

But I also want my F1 and Sky Atlantic. There is no real alternative other than downloading all the time. I just dont have the time to keep searching for the episodes, finding a good quality one. Downloading it and then sending to my tv. The monopoly Sky have is getting out of hand.

Virgin are doing an all in £150 season ticket for all sky sports +bt sport...but you need to be on the top package for it.

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/sports-season-ticket.html

Thanks swansea, exactly what I needed to know. So looks like I'll be getting Sky Sports 5 from 12 August without paying a penny more. :lol:

From mid-August, Virgin Media customers with Sky Sports can also enjoy all 6 Sky Sports channels on your PC, laptop through the Sky Sports website and also on iPad, iPhone and iPad touch with the free Sky Sports app.

Hopefully when they say 'on your PC' they meant to include Apple Macs.

That sounds like a tenth of the price!

It was the only option when choosing subscription as well.

Suscripcion: 2013/14 Season Pass Platinum
Price: NZD 20.00

Strange site, they even hand out suggestions as to how us foreigners can enjoy their products:

To download the Apple app for iPhone or iPad, you'll need to switch your app store location to New Zealand. It's a very simple process and there's lots of good advice on google for how to do it. Just search "Changing app store location".

Thought the BPL didn't like that kind of advertising.

Yeah, you did! I don't think they even used any lube either. I can neither confirm nor deny if they spat on the back of your neck.

Oh there's definitely spit there, but I thought it was just the Kiwi's way of saying thank you after making a deal, like shaking hands. The sore ass I figured was a bonus for being such a handsome customer.

I've asked for a reimbursement, but am expecting another throbbing **** up the lower back.

But which is the best for that? I Too am getting sick now of Sky constantly raising the prices every year. Mine is not the whopping £120 some of you have ( do you have multi room? ) But i have the complete packaged for £80 ( no broadband, I got BT to get the sport ) its just stupid now. I got a portuguses satellite that shows prem games at 3pm on Saturday. But we sacked AVB so they show us less now. That was only £15 a month and shows all the live games sky does.

But I also want my F1 and Sky Atlantic. There is no real alternative other than downloading all the time. I just dont have the time to keep searching for the episodes, finding a good quality one. Downloading it and then sending to my tv. The monopoly Sky have is getting out of hand.

Yeah, I posted my invoice on here two years ago when it was £112

I have multi room with the 1TB hard drives

Here we go, found from previous random thread.

28mfd5c.png

I swear all those calls are made by the cleaners as me and the mrs use our mobiles for everything.. I work from home and don't use the home phone for out going calls either.

Notice nothing in the discount columns.. been with sky for pretty much since I left home.

I swear all those calls are made by the cleaners as me and the mrs use our mobiles for everything.. I work from home and don't use the home phone for out going calls either.

Notice nothing in the discount columns.. been with sky for pretty much since I left home.

I'd like to feel sorry for you Hudd but you have cleaners, plural, so are clearly too wealthy.

I'll stick with my DishTV, thanks. Among the 300 channels are Star Sports 1, 2, 3 and 4 which show all the Prem games including a choice of 2 3pm Saturday games. 15 quid a month for everything, I thank you.

Sky are ripping you all off. Bin them, get a proper internet connection and stream the games securely *somewhere*.

Back